Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Breakfast anyone?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was good as hotels go. The only problem I encurred was with the breakfast staff. Primarily the head breakfast woman. Every time I went for breakfast she was very rude! Telling me to move impolitely twice on seperate occasions. And looking at me like I had two heads when I said "Excuse me" so that I could step around her to get my breakfast.
Other than that my boyfriend & I enjoyed our stay very much.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jaimie_Z_Fl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Kuopio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here about five, six times while been to a conference in Orlando.
The only complaints are thin walls and a bit strange user interface of the showers.
The breakfast is adequate.
Sometimes the breakfast room may be crowded.

Room Tip: Get the room in the fourth (top) floor, so there will bee less noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank heikkiko
Larry P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for your review of your experiences at the Holiday Inn Express Orlando-Lake Buena Vista East. We appreciate the feedback, and appreciate the many times you have chosen to be our guest.
Bayville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our short stay at this holiday inn. We come into Orlando the night prior to our disney vacation and stay nearby for one night, works perfectly. This particular holiday inn is right near a ton of restaurants and right across the street from wal-mart.....get all your disney gear, etc before you go into the parks. I would recommend staying here if you don't stay inside Disney. Reading some other reviews......I don't believe this is the hotel for you if you're on business and want to avoid the family crowd....however we have nothing but good things to say. Rooms were great, comfortable. Breakfast was good. We were fortunate to have a part of the staff continually helping my 4 year old who managed to spill anything and everything, she was right there cleaning and making my daughter laugh and not feel bad.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank artistchic84
Thank you for your kind words regarding your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Orlando-Lake Buena Vista East. We are so glad that you can recommend our hotel to other families who want to enjoy the Disney Parks. It was great to hear that our staff helped out so much with the kiddos! We look forward to having you back for your next visit!
Coral Gables, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

4 stars is too high and 3 is a bit low, I'd give this stay 3.5. We stay here every June to get an early start for our annual event nearby. What I disliked this year was mostly in the bathroom. The water pressure was good but hot water fluctuated. The H/C knob was weird and easily went to one extreme temp or the other. I did like the corner piece they've added to keep water from getting out on the floor and bath mat (see pic). There were also several bathroom floor tiles were cracked, (see pic) right in front of the sink. It made a crunching sound and moved under my flip flops. If I didn't know better I'd think Hans und Franz were geting pumped up and dropped a barbell. The beds were good and firm, with 2 pillow options. I do like their breakfast, especially the fact they keep replenishing the food right up to the end. I used to come out at 6:30 and there was no one out there, but my meeting schedule changed to a later checkout so now I get all the Disney brats and their parents milling around. We were still able to get enough to eat and a table, though. Overall, this HIE is a good value and suits my needs. I hope they don't let it go downhill and fix those tiles, please!

Room Tip: Try not to get a 4th floor room, might give better hot water. Also, if you go late to breakfast and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 2thdoc33133
Larry P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback on your stay. We are happy you gave us good marks on breakfast and other items. I have taken into account those maintenance issues that you pointed out. I will have our staff go through all the rooms and check for these items.

Thank you again for choosing us for your Orlando Hotel. Please come see us again!
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The stay was excellent. We were recognized a Platinum Elite members as soon as we got to the desk, we got an upgrade to the suite. The room was fresh, very clean, and everything worked perfectly. The location was close enough to Disney to make it the perfect stay (we had a rewards night). The breakfast was standard HIE fare, but it was hot, fresh and well stocked at all times. To top it off, we left our computer in the room and couldn't get back for 3 days to get it and they kept it safe and sound for us. This will be our go to hotel when we are back in Orlando again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Devilstowerwy
HIELBV, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and that everything was perfect. We strive hard everyday to make everyone's stay the best we can and appreciate guests like you when we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Thank you again and come back soon!
Queens, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

My family flew to Florida from New York in late May, and I called the hotel before our flight and told them that we would be coming in after midnight. The front desk employee was super nice and thanked me for calling. We arrived at the hotel after midnight and we were exhausted!! I thought the beds were comfortable and everything was clean. We felt very comfortable here. You could hear the people upstairs walking around, but it was nothing major. My only gripe and it was small was when I came to check-in (after midnight), the front desk person was helping someone with their airline tickets. I literally stood there for 15 minutes, and he saw me, but continued to help him. I had to step up to the counter and say "is it possible I can check in?". He said sure "give me one minute". When I got to the counter he apologized, but it was weird that he didn't say to the guy, please hold for a second, while I help this lady. (Especially because the have a business room right next door to the front desk!) I just stood there invisible for 15 minutes until I said something. My family siting in the car, even said what took you so long? We were exhausted. Besides this, everything was fine, I would stay here again. Very close to the outlets, a Walmart, and also close to highway 192 which has countless restaurants, and the main highway I4 is also seconds away. My husband went to the breakfast in the morning (6:30-9:30pm) and it was the typical food, but he seemed happy. I feel this is a great little perk before hitting the roads to the park. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIELBV, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you nyis for your comments. Your comments will be shared with the management and we will educate our agent to ensure they are giving the best possible customer service. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit.
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stay ed at this property Feb 22 til Mar 09, 2014. As in any extended stay, there is always a concern about the lodgings. We had stay at this property in 2009, and were familiar with the hotel. We found the staff to be very pleasant and accommodating. Their hot breakfast was actually hot and tasty. While the corridors were not air conditioned, the rooms were comfortable, the A/C in the room worked perfectly, the shower worked fine and best recommendation I can make, is that there were no issues during our stay. For a moderately priced hotel, I would stay there again in a minute, and plan to in 2016.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a room not facing the pool, as sound carries around the pool area.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family