“Holiday Inn Express Minus but better than expected: Read On!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South
Ranked #46 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersBronze level
South Barrington, Illinois
“Holiday Inn Express Minus but better than expected: Read On!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2009

Understand what criteria is really important to you in a hotel! That will better give you an understanding if this property works for you or not. We spent 9 nights at this hotel and were overall very satisfied.

1, Noise / Hearing other guests through the walls as regularly discussed: NOT AN ISSUE in our stay,
2. Hotel Management Staff: Almost excellent!
3. Maid Staff: Questionable which lowers the overall rating of this property.
4. Hotel Location: Farthest Hotel that I have stayed from Disney properties and that is a minus,
5. Breakfast: Good but not up to par with most other Holiday Inn Express properties. Layed out poorly, service questionable and less food options,
6. Super Walmart: Across the street and for us was a major benefit as we had plenty of needs that a store like this could provide and at excellent prices,
7, Pool: Meets Standards for a Hotel of this level.
8, Parking: Meets Standards

Strengths and Weaknesses: The choice is yours based on your needs but overall we have no regrets in comitting to staying at this property and would consider returning in the future,

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BAD-UNCLE-DAVE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
jacksonville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2009

The hotel is in a great location. The staff was the best part of the stay, very helpful nice.
Room are clean pool was nice. I only had one issue and it was the walls. You can here your neighbors makin noise, more so when they have a out of control 4 year old!!!!! I asked to move and there was no question it was taken care of within 5 min. When you spend over 100 nights a year on the road its nice to find a hotel you feel at home at, cause there hard to find.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank gatorkeene
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

My husband and 2 friends stayed overnight for our trip to sea world.. When we arrived in the evening I was really delighted at how clean and cute the lobby was. Check-in took very little time as there was no one else there at the moment. Our room was clean when we arrived and had a microwave and mini fridge. Since there were four of us I went to the front desk and asked for more toiletries and towels and they gave them to me right away with no problems... Included in the price was breakfast which had plenty to choose from.. the lobby had tables and chairs for you to sit.
The only complaints I would have is yes the walls are thin. We heard every word our neighbors were saying as they got ready, so please be courteous and keep your voice low in the morning while you get ready :)
Also the extra lock on the door was broken, but it was just the one to keep the maid out while you are there, not the main lock.
The bathroom was nice, clean and even painted a pretty light blue :)
Overall I have to say that I was really satisfied with the hotel. I wish we had time to go in the pool, which looked nice and had some tables and lounge chairs around it. There was also a small game room but it was closed when we arrived. I did notice it was open during breakfast though! Air hockey anyone???? I recommend this hotel.. It was clean and fine for a short stay...

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank mariamexico
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2009

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The room was modern, nice and clean. Overall this hotel is a good value for what you pay for. The free contintental breakfast is also good. It's relatively close to Disney theme parks. Rent a car, it's easier than taking the bus and you have your freedom.

For those who care about noise I did have one gripe, as noted in another review -- the walls are pretty thin. I checked in late around 11 pm and was talking with my spouse in the room. We were chatting and laughing about our terrible experience in a hotel down the street that we couldn't bear to stay in (see my other review). Suddenly we heard some loud banging on the wall. We didn't think we were that loud. We assumed they could hear us and wanted us to be quiet, so we did the neighborly thing and quieted down.

We stayed in a room on the top floor. Overnight I kept hearing the A/C on the roof go off. It vibrated tremendously and was pretty loud. The vibrations were strong enough to shake the lamp shades on the wall sconces. Maybe I am too light of a sleeper?? I awoke to the sounds of my neighbors on both sides talking and laughing as no doubt they were getting ready to go to Disney World. The walls are pretty thin and you can hear the conversations next door. I had earplugs from my flight, so I didn't mind. My spouse who's a heavy sleeper didn't have any problems with the noises.

One other minor gripe. The toilet broke. It wouldn't flush because the handle popped out. With a little ingenuity I saw the problem and fixed it. But I am 100% sure that it will pop out again, hopefully it will not be for your stay.

It could've been the room we were in, but don't stay on the top floor. Originally the guy wanted to put us in a room on the first floor -- Silly me thought the higher up you are, the less noise there would be. Lesson learned -- at least for this place.

Overall I would definitely stay here again, but not on the top floor.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeeL9
Surrey BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2009

rooms are nice & clean. very friendly staff. good continental breakfast.close to Disney World Parks,Gatorland,Sea-World,Universal Studios,Outlet Malls,Restaurants and Airport. Have fare size pool and a hot tub.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank JaguarLinegod
St Petersburg, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2009

I think this is a brand new hotel. We had trouble finding it at night because they don't have a lighted sign on the street. The lobby is beautiful, the room was fabulous - high ceilings, king-size bed, microwave, roomy bathroom, HOWEVER, the walls are paper thin. We could hear our neighbors' conversation -- not just a low mumbling, but their actual words -- and we could hear clock radio alarms go off in the morning. The complimentary breakfast was one of the better we've had and there is plenty of room to sit down and eat it -- many hotels have little or no room for sitting. I would stay there again if I could get a room that wasn't right next to other guests.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OldWorldEurope
Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2009

I wrote a review a couple of weeks ago after I had stayed at this hotel in Feb. At the time I had given a positive review. I did not experience any of the thin wall issues last time. The last time I had been upgraded to a 2 room suite because I am a platinum member of their program, and I experienced no issues with the thin walls. This time it went downhill from the very beginning. I had reserved a 2 room suite that is at the end of their building. I was informed when I showed up that a guest had stayed over and I was put in one of thier regular rooms. No way to even get the lower rate since I was prepaid. I was told when I checked in that a 2 room suite was available for the rest of my 4 night stay the next night. I stayed in the regular room and experienced the horror of the thin walls. People next door came in around 11 pm and talked and laughed until 2. These walls are truly terrible! No sleep because on both sides as long as your neighbors are awake, so are you. When I went down the next morning there was no record of my reservation for the suite and was informed I would not be able to get to the room that I had reserved for the entire stay.
To top the entire stay off, they never got to my room to clean until after 5 pm. Last night my neighbors again were having a good time until well after midnight. Then this morning I had my cell phone alarm set for 5am because I am here on business. They had the nerve to bang on my wall because my cell phone alarm went off. That is right, my cell phone alarm was loud enough to make them mad!
This hotel is fairly clean, breakfast is fairly good, location is great, but if you have any expectations of sleep, forget it! I know I gave it a good review before, but this has been the trip from h ll! If you must stay here, stay in the 2 room suites or forget it. After all, your ultimate goal from a hotel is to get a good night sleep right? This has been miy biggest disappointment yet in HI Express. Get a good night sleep, stay somewhere else!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business