“great price, great location”

Sunset Palms Hotel Inn & Suites
Ranked #60 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 January 2010

We traveled to Florida for a week long football tournament for our son, the hotel was very centrally located to where we needed to go, as well as very close to Disney world and and nearby restaurants and amusements, but it wasnt to busy. The hotel was tucked back off the street and very quiet. The hotel was clean, staff friendly, breakfast was a full hot breakfast, pool was nice. Theres not one bad thing I could say about this property. We picked it out not knowing anything about the area or the premesis and we were not disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank lanaspradling

Reviewed 3 January 2010

Terrible location. I stay in HIE across north America and this is not up to to the HIE standard. The breakfast bar closes at 930 am sharp. If there are 'customers' in line, oh well. The lights are turned off and the food is taken away. There are NO amenities on or off site within walking distance with the exception of a Wal-Mart SuperCentre. We tried to get a taxi one night so that we could go to a restaurant but the front desk refused to make the call for us unless we agreed to utilize the limousine company affiliated with the property. What a racket. We stayed for seven days but our bed linen was never changed during that time. Nice hot tub but closes at 10pm sharp - if that doesn't fit into your relaxing vacation plan then too bad. Free WIFI is a joke - poor service, poor connectivity. Our initial impression of this hotel, weed infested front landing complete with a half dozen abandoned shopping carts, should have been enough to make me back out of our reservation and move to another property but we stuck it out...to the detriment of our entire vacation. AVOID THIS PROPERTY LIKE THE PLAGUE. Poor property run by poor management.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Melonville
Reviewed 30 December 2009

Staff was very friendly and helpful, location was close enough to attractions without being among a lot of hustle and bustle, free breakfast was nice, cost effective room. I received a nice discount for booking on line and prepaying for the entire stay. My room was on the first floor with the pool directly outside. Fortunately it was a chilly in the evening so pool activity wasn't a disturbance. I would certainly stay there again; I would just ensure I wasn't situated that close to the pool. Upon check out the clerk noticed that I had been overcharged for a phone call and quickly resolved the matter.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Deefromphilly
Reviewed 16 November 2009

We booked this hotel via Expedia and had read the TripAdvisor reviews beforehand so knew some of the "issues" other reviewers had with this property.

We were well pleased with this hotel and would say that it is excellent value for money.

Location is excellent, just down the road from a huge Wal-Mart and around the corner (within walking distance) from a superb outlet mall. (By the way, there's an Irish Pub at the back of the outlet mall that serves, among other things, Irish Breakfast.)

Front desk very accomodating/friendly.

Our room was appealing and very clean. Bed was VERY comfortable.

Bathroom was spotless; nice towels.

Maid service was excellent.

Our room (244) overlooked the pool (which we didn't use but it looked beautiful).

USA Today delivered on weekdays.

The breakfast area was very clean and attractive. We thought the breakfast itself was great. (We knew that it ended at 9:30 but that was never a problem for us.)

The only negative was that yes, the walls seemed a bit thin (re: noise) but to tell you the truth, by the time we returned to our room every evening we were so knackered that we fell asleep quickly and whatever muffled sounds we *may* have heard were not a problem for us.

We would recommend this property and will definitely stay here again the next time we return to Florida.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank TLDenise
Reviewed 6 November 2009

I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Expresses around the country and have always had a great experience. I love the breakfasts that they provide and booked a room at this hotel expressly because of the value that I felt I was getting with the breakfast included in the price. However, I was very disappointed with our stay.

The major concern is the noise level. When I read the reviews here on TripAdvisor, I thought to myself, "how bad can it really be?". I thought the other reviewers were just being sensitive, and since I have pretty bad hearing, that I would be fine. This was not the case as the walls really are THAT THIN. We heard our neighbors talking at a normal conversational level- that shouldn't happen in a hotel. I've stayed at quite a few hotels and have never experienced this before. If you don't normally sleep in noisy conditions such as with the TV on- STAY AWAY. And if you decide to stay anyway, please be courteous and mindful that your neighbors can hear everything you do.

My next concern was the famous breakfast that I chose this hotel for. My group headed down to the breakfast area at 9:30am, only to find it had already closed- what?? Could they really close it that early? They sure did. I was very unhappy about this. Not only do they heavily and aggressively market their breakfast only to close it in the middle of the morning, but there was no communication from the hotel about this. No flyers, no signs, nothing said about the breakfast at check-in. While we could have gone to the trouble of calling up or stopping by the front desk, I don't think it is something you should have to worry about when you are on vacation. You pick a hotel that includes breakfast because you don't want to have to worry about going out and finding it- which you will if you like to sleep in even a little at this hotel!

The location was odd, but not bad. It is nearby a Wal-Mart and is a few minutes by car from Disney, but it is tucked away from the road behind a plaza and is very easy to miss. The rooms were clean and fairly standard. The included fridge and microwave were nice although we did not use them.

I really wanted to like this hotel but I really can not recommend it. Unless you like NOISY HOTEL ROOMS and GETTING UP EARLY I would pass on it- there are many other hotels to pick from in Orlando.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2009

We stayed in this hotel for 6 night. The best thing we like about this hotel is the breakfast, it has a good selection to choose from including eggs, sausages, muffins, cinnamon buns, bagels, bananas, juices, yogurt, milk, coffee..etc. The room is clean and the beds are comfortable. The front desk staff is friendly. The hotel has shuttle bus service to Disney and Sea World, but the returning schedule doesn't coincide with the theme parks' closing hours, so if you want to stay till closing, you have to find other means of transportation back to hotel.
Overall, it's good value for the price we paid .

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank 197FIFI
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Breakfast is good, good price and CONVENIENT location.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family