“Big Disappointment”

Sunset Palms Hotel Inn & Suites
Ranked #60 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 July 2010

I booked this hotel thinking it was the same place I stayed a few times years ago. It turns out they took the name but the other Holiday Inn now has a different name. I called The Holiday Inn 1 800 number and was told there were shuttles every half an hour to the parks. Big lie! One to go in the morning and one to come back when the parks close. Nothing during the day. I also asked that same number about airport shuttle service. Was told no problem there is bus service again every half hour for $19 each way. That shuttle didn't stop at this Holiday Inn. I asked for a suite. Was given a room with a king size bed and a pull out couch. I asked for first floor near the lobby and a handicap room with a room next door for my kids. The person who booked my room read the instrutions back to me. When I arrived at the hotel they said there wasn't any special instructions. My room was on one side of the building and my kids were on the other. I paid in full in advance months ago. I asked for a refund and that request was denied. The assistant manager Heta was helpful and gave us a free upgrade to a real suites next to each other. I began to calm down until the next day. They began to charge my credit card multiple times for no know reason. Started as $50, went to $127. That was the first day. The second day there were two $380 charges. By the third day they were adding $500 charges. Most were removed with lots of complaining. We came home yesterday and 2 still remain. Breakfast was decent even if it was just an upgraded continental breakfast. The line was always long and food was gone quickly. There were so many more issues. Just glad it's over and I am home. Won't be going back to that place.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 June 2010

It's a very nice hotel with good value and excellent service in perfect location.
No matter what you want to do in orlando, it's a good place to stay. Sea World, Disney World, Universal Studios and Outlet Malls are only a few minutes away by using the car.
The hotel-rooms are large with your own kitchen and nice bathroom. Wifi is for free and reachable in the rooms.
Next to the reception there is a service counter to book any events. We had to change our date for Discovery Cove because it was a very rainy day. Our english language is not the best, so the women of the counter did the phone call over half an hour with the management of Discovery Cove to change our date from friday to saturday.
Also there is a nice pool and bar where you can hang out after such an eventfull day and some places where the kids can play.
Anyway it's a really nice hotel and i would come back again!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Squix
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I am glad that I didn't let the few bad reviews deter me. I honestly think that people go to this hotel expecting the Ritz..

The hotel sits practically right between Disney & Universal, so it's convenient for both parks. The staff is friendly and our room was spotless. The room includes a mini fridge, microwave & coffee maker. Free Internet in the room is wired (cable included) and works just fine. They have free wireless in the lobby, but I did not use. I also did not use the shuttle serviceor pool, but both are available.

Our room was spotless. The bed & pillows were comfortable and the linens were clean. The bathroom was standard size, well lit & well stocked. The shower has adequate water pressure and the water temp was easy to regulate.

Breakfast is good & free. Can't complain at all. The line does tend to get long at times, but I do not see anyone actually waiting for 2 hours. At the most about 5 minutes. Depends on other guests & their use of common courtesy (not cutting in line etc), They do have just one pop up toaster and that tends to slow the flow. Placing toasters in a seperate area away from the actual food line would speed the process.

The only thing that prevented me from giving it 5* all around was that the a/c in our room was a bit noisy. We also had a pack of elephants in the room above us, but that is not the hotel's fault.

I would not heitate in returning to this hotel and recommending it to others.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lissete
Reviewed 7 May 2010

I booked this hotel for a large tour group of teenagers and it was a great choice. The free breakfast was great and offered something for everyone from cereal to bacon and eggs. The rooms were large & clean and the beds were very comfortable. The management was great to work with - I had to rearrange the rooms for my group about 10 times and it was never a problem. The kids enjoyed the large pool and game room. It is an easy 15 minute drive to the Disney theme parks from this hotel. For the price and amenities, you can't beat this place!

Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank VacationCsar
Reviewed 3 May 2010

The staff was very professional and nice to us. The only thing that could have been better were the pool hours. They closed at 11pm and my colleagues and I wanted to sit and talk but could not...

Additionally, the wireless internet service was terrible slow and sometimes connection was lost. So there was no late night work unless!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2010

The free shuttles to and from Disney and Universal were very convenient. It is a great location - not too far from either destination. The hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful. Breakfast was good - go early because line gets long. The only downside was that you could hear noise from the adjoining rooms. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank desanddust
Reviewed 22 March 2010

We stayed in two rooms which were separated by one room of which was a load family. you could hear the mother cleary through the walls. They had a tickle fight and we heard the whole thing. The bathroom mirror is not framed, like in a Hampton inn, but it was clean. the rooms are comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. we were happy to come back to the hotel and had no complaints. breakfast was very good and included in the price. i ate several yogurts and eggs. we will stay here again. walmart is across the street and it is huge and has a ton of souveniers. there is an outlet mall right down the street.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family