“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vacation Villas at Fantasy World I

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kissimmee
Vacation Villas at Fantasy World I
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Stayed there and loved it. Great location. Great amenities. Great services.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank joyce B

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
St. Catharines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

As years have gone by all we have seen are improvements. We are pleased to be owners here and again look forward to our stay there again the end of Oct as we do each year. People have to realize that in order to improve things some times there has to be construction but this property has always made alternatives so that guests enjoy their stay ie a pool always has been available. Great work team. I put in 2011 October but we were here last Oct and are going back and looking forward to the changes even if we may be met with maybe some areas to quite finished.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank rubarb_stew
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

When I travel I usually stay in a suite-style hotel (like Residence Inn) because I like the convenience of cold drinks, cooking a snack, and just living more like I do at home. When we had a wedding at a Disney Resort we found a deal for a night at Vacation Villas so we wouldn’t have far to go after dancing all night. I saw some warnings here about unremodeled townhomes, but they told me most were already updated, and ours was, so we didn’t find that to be a problem. We had granite countertops & stainless steel appliances, which must be part of the upgrade. It’s a 2 story townhouse with 2 bedrooms upstairs & 1 bath upstairs and living space, bath & pullout downstairs. My husband woke up before me and went downstairs to watch TV, then we made smoothies & headed out to the lazy river. We didn’t have long to enjoy the resort, but I was struck by how new the river, pools and bars looked, and there were maybe 10 people total out there at noon on a Sunday. It wasn’t much different than pool areas of resorts I’ve been at on the beach (except being near Disney, not the beach). I especially enjoyed floating around the lazy river, I caught up with my husband at the outdoor bar. We walked by an activity center with stuff like making tie-dye that I’m thinking would be great when we have a family. There was also food by the pool, but we didn’t try it. Overall great experience, really nice grounds and a very convenient townhouse living. We’ll stay again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Julie G
Fruitland Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Those are the words of our daughter after spending a night there for her birthday. We spent most of our waking hours at the recently renovated and enhanced pool. The pool deck is lovely and I felt like we were at a luxurious resort. They've added a winding, lazy river and two water slides: one slide is fast and the other is ridiculously fast. As I relaxed under an umbrella with my back to the slides on the pool deck, I recall hearing periodic loud splashes and then "That was AWESOME!" over and over.

I checked out the new spa/hot tub area and it's lovely. It's somewhat isolated from the large pool yet very close.The two-sided fireplace will be nice when the evenings cool off in Florida. The comfortable cabanas around the pool perimeter area nice, luxurious touch.

Lifeguards are staffed when the lazy river and slides are open (9 a.m. - 7 p.m.). I imagine they'll stay open later when it's high season. The pool staff was very friendly and attentive to guests.

Our villa was spacious and very clean. We felt like home. I especially enjoyed the large and well-supplied kitchen which made preparing breakfast for some hungry 10 year old's easy and budget friendly.

Fantasy World is located two blocks off a busy thoroughfare, but I felt as though I was in a quiet neighborhood away from the traffic. Still, the resort is convenient to many attractions and restaurants.

I would definitely stay here again for a relaxing family outing or even a girls getaway...maybe next time without the kid.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank NAPSchwartz
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

Spent one night with daughters friends for a birthday overnight. Roomy, fully equipped, comfortable. Slept 4 kids (as if they actually slept) and two adults (who did manage to sleep... a little). Great if you are visiting with a family for a week or so because there is full kitchen, great new pool with amazing water slides, lazy river, cabanas. Not sure how old this property is - a little out dated on the outside but looks like they have been investing in renovating. Nice pool bar and very helpful staff. Be sure to check out the Fantasy Surf indoor surf attraction on property (open to public, extra charge).

• Stayed September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ga8tr
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

The two bedroom option was spacious, cool, clean and quiet. It was on two levels (bedrooms & bathroom upstairs). Small, shaded yard outside. 3 TVs, fully fitted kitchen.
If everything else hadn't been so perfect, I would have moaned about the downstairs shower room & shower curtain but hey it will get updated eventually.

Within walking distance of a couple of restaurants & a 7/11.

We didn't use the onsite facilities, spending all of our time in the city & themeparks.

Check in was quick and easy.

There was some construction work going on but we didn't hear it.

It was an ideal place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank tiberius_nero
Malvern, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

We called before we booked and was told there was no construction in progress. When we arrived a water park was under construction. We were also told all pools were open. Failed to tell us water park pool would not open for another month. Closest pool to our unit was two blocks away. We had to walk past construction to get there. We did not let the kids go to the pool after the first day. The room was not very clean. Black dirt piled in corners of tile floors in all downstair rooms. Furniture in Condo was broken down and stained. We had to make several trips to the office for linens for the pull out sofa bed. The mattress had large stains on the mattress. We were told this was a 4 star resort. It was more like a two star. We spoke to other guest and they told us similar stories about their exchange unit. What do you do when you call ahead and find out you were lied to? Free internet but it worked at dial up speeds.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels