“You could do better”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kissimmee
Vacation Villas at Fantasy World I
Reviewed 11 July 2013

It is an okay hotel. The main pool, bar area and amenities are very nice and well kept but the same can't be said for the rooms and their patios. Every room needs to be updated and also needed to be cleaned more than once a week. When we arrived the patio was gross there was weird clumps of hair and there was a used raiser just sitting out there, it looked like it was never cleaned. There was also very poor management someone screwed up our reservation and they were not very accommodating after we showed our paper proving we were staying two weeks instead of one. There was also bad staff communication a maid called our room and yelled at me on the phone because she didn't hear we were not leaving so she wanted us to get out so she could clean. Overall I would not wish to go back to this hotel but I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexis J
There are newer reviews for Vacation Villas at Fantasy World I

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed for 7 nights and loved every minute of it. Our townhouse was beautiful. Everything we needed. The pool area was gorgeous with a 5 story water slide, a lazy river and hot tubs. It was almost like staying inside a water park! Great place for families. The townhouse had a nice kitchen. All new appliances. Breakfast bar. The bedrooms had their own televisions. The living area had comfortable furniture. Also had a dvd player. We had an awesome screened in patio. Washer dryer, and just about everything we needed! Will certainly visit again if we go back to the area!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2013

During check-in the man behind the counter used profanity with small children, the rooms were filthy, there was poor lighting, and most of all I had two dresses stolen by cleaning staff and management did absolutely nothing to help me. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013
8  Thank Msd17
Reviewed 28 April 2013

You get what you pay for. If you're used to staying at higher end resorts, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED. With that said, this was not the worst place we've ever stayed. We traded a one bedroom studio at Sheraton Vistana Villages for a Two bedroom townhouse, Our pregnant daughter was supposed to stay with us a couple of nights and we didn't want her and her husband sleeping on a sofa sleeper, we all would have been better off. The rooms are dated, the matresses are well overdue for replacement, and who makes you wash your own pool towels? The rooms are not properly cleaned in between guests, there were glass shards all over the floor, which was quite dirty. We found the mop, maybe the cleaning person lost theirs. My wife cleaned out what seemed to be a weeks worth of lint from beyond the lint trap. The downstairs toilet had a leak, the TV had no picture a few times, (You have to completely disconnect this model from time to time, according to the maintenance man). The ceiling fans were actually entertaining, with one, you had to have the fan going full tilt in order to have the light on, the other was just the opposite. The kitchen was not well equipped, and the WiFi was unusable.The screen house while nice, was not really enjoyable because it is screened on top, allowing bird poop as well as some brown mystery goo, possibly from the trees? to coat the table and chairs, so using it would require daily cleaning. Now for the good things about this place. Check in was a breeze, they let us check in an hour early, (Hey, maybe that was the reason for the room not being cleaned properly?) The staff was super nice. When we did call the maintenance guy, he was there in MINUTES. There are plenty of restaurants and stores nearby, and the proximity to the parks? Can't beat it, they even have shuttles to and from the parks if you're looking to save some money on taxis or parking. One of the best things though, were the pools, saltwater chlorine generators, making swimming so easy on the eyes. The larger kids pool by itself is enough to keep kids entertained for a couple of days, the less crowded grown up pool was great too, a little easier to bring your personal coolers into, as outside food and drinks are not allowed according to the signs posted. SO, OVER ALL, this place is nice if you have kids, are on a budget, and don't mind the "campy, Wisconsin Dells cabin" vibe you get from it.

Room Tip: The newer units are across the street from the pools.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AVERAGEJOES824
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Stayed 4 nights in a 2 BR townhouse and had a wonderful time. Great location, comfortable, well kept little home. Had all the ammenities you could expect and during Easter week, we got one last minute for $99/night. Only 7 miles with easy access to all the Disney parks. On our days off the kids enjoyed the big pool, lazy river while my wife and I relaxed with some well needed cocktails available at the pool side lounge. The main building has dry sauna, steam bath, big workout facility with a view overlooking the pool, TV's galore, entertainment rooms for small children as well as teens, cabana's were available for hourly fees, big slides at the pool and then small pools as well. This place could be a destination in itself!! Thanks to Mannny, Rik & Claudia for a nice stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in a townhome owned by Rik & Claudia White. Check it out!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank keep-me-travelin
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Our townhouse #3094 was awesome .. not too close to the pool and not too far from pool - just perfect ! I highly recommend this place for families. It is "not" far from Disney at all. The staff are just AWESOME ... we had an incident where my 4 year old grandson let himself out of the townhouse and walked to the pool area AND the honest, caring, grounds people took him to the front office and front office staff brought him back. Scary? YES! but what amazing people that they cared so much about him and our family. They will take great care of yours too! BOOK here by all means everyone :) The pool was great fun for the kids. The slides are awesome .. my grandsons loved them and the lazy river, well what can be said, it was vacation and we were lazy in it. ha! The vacation villa is EXTREMELY clean and well kept ... GO FOR IT! :)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank abygrl12
Reviewed 8 March 2013

My family and I stayed here from 2/27-3/3. Overall the townhouse was nice, spacious and clean. There was a screened in porch for my husband to smoke on, flat screen tv's in every room (which was nice), and plenty of eating utensils. The complex was nice and quiet and we didn't hear our neighbors. The only issues we really had were that there were ants in the kitchen and the beds were NOT comfortable, but it was do-able. Would we stay again?? Probably, but it wouldn't be my first choice. We ended up going to a sales presentation to get us to buy, but the property is over 25 yrs old and the guy was very pushy even after I said NO. So this would be the major reason why we would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a unit that has been renovated.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family