“Not up to par with any RCI resorts that we have stayed in over 22 years!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Festiva Orlando Resort

Festiva Orlando Resort
Ranked #67 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Not up to par with any RCI resorts that we have stayed in over 22 years!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

Check in was pretty fast. Went to unit, it was hot upon entering. Layout of unit is ok... Nothing to write home about. TV's are very outdated. This is without a doubt the first resort ever that had no info in the unit, I.e., nothing telling you which channels are which, etc., no resort info notebook at all! But guess since there are apparently no activities going on here, they figured why bother?? The larger safe in master closet does not work. Thank goodness we haven't seen a roach yet... I'd be out of here in a heartbeat. Haven't seen pool area yet. There are units here though with only partial unit numbers on them, looks quite dirty on exterior in areas.
Sitting here listening to so much noise from other units, there are 3 floors here, we are on the second. I really think that RCI needs to look into this place, gives RCI a bad name!

• Stayed November 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Bdezhoney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

My wife and I are unfortunately owners of a week at this place. We have stayed there two years in a row both times in October. Last year we had concerns because the place was so run-down and appliances and furniture were so old. We met with a sales agent and were told that all of that mismanagement was over and they were going to be making some improvements and encouraged us to give them more money to "upgrade". We did not throw good money after bad and decided to just see what has been improvded this year. We just got back last week and I can tell you that nothing was improved, cleaned, replaced or repaired. We bought ice at the grocery store so we could put it in the refrigerator to keep our milk from going bad. Nice of them to provide a nice lighted cooler for us. Our front door looked like it belonged on a motel in a seedy neighborhood. Our unit was basically clean however which I would want to state as I see many housekeeping complaints in these reviews. I did not see any bugs in our unit. Overall I believe this property is neglected and our yearly maintenance fees are being pocketed by someone. Do not stay here unless you have pets and ran out of time to find other accommodations.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
7 Thank pwrplay126

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

This is our fourth time staying there, it was average in the past.

This stay was terrible. ROACHES in the kitchen. Roach feces in the bottom cabinets. Worst of all was when I decided to take a shower this morning in the spare bathroom. On the window shelf where you place your shampoo was someone’s hair (to include pubic). Not a small amount, a prior guest must have done some hair work and no one cleaned up. To this minute I still cannot believe it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank john g
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

I should have taken the negative reviews seriously. I've been to many resorts accross the world and this, by far, is the absolute worse. Nothing to do, staff barely helpful if at all, the pool was disgustingly filthy.....and it was the ONLY real amenity on the property.

Old furniture, smelly bed covers, broken appliances, pool towels slightly larger than a mini skirt.. and the staff behave like they are doing YOU a favour.

I was extremely disappointed with the experience and will say only that this place is a disaster waiting just to happen.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Nimbus C
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Decent, no cleaning or housekeeping but I can do that myself. W/D great pool for my daughter. Close to everything. As a Federal Agent I stayed in better and worse so this falls square in the middle. One benefit was I was not bothered by timeshare sales people and other leeches. If by myself I would have been fine.

Room Tip: Prepare to do your own housekeeping.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank DJBell0406
Port Charlotte, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

After reading the other reviews, I wanted to say that my stay was pleasant, no problems, no barking dogs and was nice. This was my first time staying on this property. I have stayed at several nicer resorts but after reading the reviews, I was just hoping this place was not worse than a $30 per night hotel that I have stayed in, in orlando. But after staying here, the rooms were nice and everything was clean. Yes, the resort could use a coat of paint and some landscaping, but the pool was nice and enjoyable. I stayed in one of the units in the back (building H), didn't have to count dishes, didn't have a complicated check out procedure, didn't have a wierd resort fee, and did have a good gate security. Overall, I felt the resort promoted a safe atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank robsnyder22
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

We stayed over the July 4th 2011 week as this was the only place in town we could get booked at the last minute through rci. We booked the 1 bdrm/1bath (sleeps 4). The room was extremely small and cramped. The furniture/televisions/appliances were very dated and are in desperate need of an upgrade. The outside of some of the buildings had paint chipping off or were painted over with the wrong color paint in an attempt to repair damage. The a/c went out on our last night there (we decided to not mention it until the following morning because we had arrived back late from one of the theme parks). When we woke up there was a disgusting smell of pet urine (aparently the cooler a/c temp was masking the odor, but come morning when the temp rose over 85 the smell was overwhelming). We couldn't get out of there fast enough. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! We read the bad reviews but thought it would be fine because we did not plan on being in the room very much. Big Mistake!! This place looks like it may have been really nice 10 yrs ago. Since then....there have been no upgrades. *One more thing. We got zero cell phone service in the room (not sure why). There is also no wifi unless you take your laptop over to the club house. It is absolutely unreachable within the rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family