“Poor RCI Resort, never again!”

Festiva Orlando Resort
Ranked #70 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Jefferson
“Poor RCI Resort, never again!”
Reviewed 31 December 2011

This place is so run down. Lamps don't work, couch lumpy (not pulled out even)
Cabinet doors don't even close (doors put on overlapping in kitchen & bathroom)
I would never of let that pass in my house. Cracks in tile floors.
I haven't been out of room to see rest of property yet (just got in last night).
Sure won't take tour of this kind of property.
Very unhappy RCI member.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Ruth F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We did not have as bad an experience as many of the reviews, but overall it was nothing special. The carpet was worn out in several spots, the couch may have been the most uncomfortable piece of furniture I have ever sat on, and the TV was old in '95. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were nice and large. Liked having the washer and dryer in room, but they were pretty small. The pool area was great for young kids. Biggest complaint was the lack of WIFI in the rooms! Didn't feel like sitting in the lobby to do work online, so this was a big hassle. I was surprised that they gave you no information in the room, no channel guide or other directions. Location was convienient to all the attractions, but other than fast food not a lot of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kctapp
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 13 December 2011

The hotel is an old hotel. Before we got there, over the phone they told us that we would have to be present in the room, for them to give service, due to problems with theft.
We never got towels changed, we had to wash them ourselves in the washer, and we were told that if we wanted the rooms to be cleaned or beds made, we had to pay $125 dollars per day. They had to come and fix, both sliding patio doors, which did not lock. They fixed them right away though. I would not recommend this resort. it looks like rci should take them of their list. This is the first time I exchange my time shares paying an additional $200 besides my maintenance fee. I was not happy with rci and celebration world resort In kissimmee, florida

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Ivan J

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Reviewed 19 November 2011

Check in was pretty fast. Went to unit, it was hot upon entering. Layout of unit is ok... Nothing to write home about. TV's are very outdated. This is without a doubt the first resort ever that had no info in the unit, I.e., nothing telling you which channels are which, etc., no resort info notebook at all! But guess since there are apparently no activities going on here, they figured why bother?? The larger safe in master closet does not work. Thank goodness we haven't seen a roach yet... I'd be out of here in a heartbeat. Haven't seen pool area yet. There are units here though with only partial unit numbers on them, looks quite dirty on exterior in areas.
Sitting here listening to so much noise from other units, there are 3 floors here, we are on the second. I really think that RCI needs to look into this place, gives RCI a bad name!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Bdezhoney
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My wife and I are unfortunately owners of a week at this place. We have stayed there two years in a row both times in October. Last year we had concerns because the place was so run-down and appliances and furniture were so old. We met with a sales agent and were told that all of that mismanagement was over and they were going to be making some improvements and encouraged us to give them more money to "upgrade". We did not throw good money after bad and decided to just see what has been improvded this year. We just got back last week and I can tell you that nothing was improved, cleaned, replaced or repaired. We bought ice at the grocery store so we could put it in the refrigerator to keep our milk from going bad. Nice of them to provide a nice lighted cooler for us. Our front door looked like it belonged on a motel in a seedy neighborhood. Our unit was basically clean however which I would want to state as I see many housekeeping complaints in these reviews. I did not see any bugs in our unit. Overall I believe this property is neglected and our yearly maintenance fees are being pocketed by someone. Do not stay here unless you have pets and ran out of time to find other accommodations.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank pwrplay126
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 9 September 2011

This is our fourth time staying there, it was average in the past.

This stay was terrible. ROACHES in the kitchen. Roach feces in the bottom cabinets. Worst of all was when I decided to take a shower this morning in the spare bathroom. On the window shelf where you place your shampoo was someone’s hair (to include pubic). Not a small amount, a prior guest must have done some hair work and no one cleaned up. To this minute I still cannot believe it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank john g
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I should have taken the negative reviews seriously. I've been to many resorts accross the world and this, by far, is the absolute worse. Nothing to do, staff barely helpful if at all, the pool was disgustingly filthy.....and it was the ONLY real amenity on the property.

Old furniture, smelly bed covers, broken appliances, pool towels slightly larger than a mini skirt.. and the staff behave like they are doing YOU a favour.

I was extremely disappointed with the experience and will say only that this place is a disaster waiting just to happen.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family