“Resort is adequate but could use some updates”

Festiva Orlando Resort
Ranked #60 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Good location for touristy things, Disney and restaurants; it's quieter since it's a bit further away from all the chaos of 592.

The resort itself is alright. I like the layout of the buildings. The pool was nice with its walk-in area for little ones. The play area had super cold water though so it wasn't too nice on a coolish day.

The rooms:
We had a joining 2bdrm unit so the bonus kitchenette in the other room was nice to keep extra foods in since we were 2 families sharing the double units. Only one of the stove elements worked (there were only 2) whereas the other unit's stove was much nicer and worked so we all agreed to just share in the meals and cooking together so it wasn't much of a worry.
The doors were SUPER creaky. All of them needed to be oiled.
The toilet flushes were SO loud. Like a jet plane taking off. Terrible during the night.
As a previous poster mentioned, the carpets are disgusting. We walked around for half a day and everyones feet were black. We wore our flip flops around after that. Carpets need replacing urgently.
We were on an end unit and we could hear people stomping up the stairs. And hear the toilets flush.
The mattress was like a marshmallow. I slept on it for 2 days and I am now paying for it by way of chiropractor bills. On the 3rd day, I spoke to the front desk about it and they ended up changing out the mattress for a firmer one. Not as firm as I'd like but it was an improvement.
I had my little one with me and when I checked in they didn't have any cribs for us to use and were told to call a company to rent one for $70 for the week. Which is absurd because I just went to Walmart and bought one for $70.
Anyways, I would stay again depending the price - this time we got this resort through a timeshare exchange so am unsure of its actual value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Festiva Orlando Resort

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Our family of 4 was very pleased with our experience at the resort. We felt like we got a very clean, comfortable place to stay for the price. The only thing we would like to change, is that we had hoped to book an extra few days on our trip. The front desk staff is not allowed to do this type of additional booking and it must be done online. By the time we looked it up online, there were no additional nights available. I would recommend this resort for anyone looking for a comfortable and clean "home base" in the Orlando area. The jacuzzi in the master bedroom was a wonderful additional after a long day of walking around the parks. Staff were friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rhondamitchell72
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Now the Festiva Orlando Resort...we booked a one bedroom unit and were pleasantly surprised. We were assisted by very helpful staff and enjoyed all of the resort amenities...even a gas grill that worked.

Yes, the TVs could be updated as well as the furniture but for the price, the units are a nice size, clean and have extra touches like screened-in balconies, etc. They even have a walking/jogging path around a nice sized pond.

We have used properties like this around the country and found Festiva to be better than average.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

This has to be one of the worst resorts I have ever stayed at. We booked a 1 bedroom unit and let me start off by saying the TVs haven't been updated since 1990 and there was a VHS player instead of a DVD player. But besides the point. My family entered the unit upon checking in and noticed it was a conjoined unit which means instead of having one unit there were 2 you can enter without having to leave the room. And the door was wide open. We took it as the Festiva resort welcoming us to their resort and giving us a 2 bedroom because originally that's what we requested but based on availability it wasn't possible and we were ok with that. No one had said that we weren't allowed to take it so we decided to take advantage of it and have the kids stay in one unit while we stayed in the other. Three days go by and it's about 3 AM and I receive a phone call from a 407 area code which means it's obviously someone in Orlando. I answer the phone and immediately there is a man named ROBERT who is the GM of Festiva threatening us that he will lock us out of our units if we don't get back there soon and we won't be able to have access to our personal possessions. At this point we were almost back from the downtown area and we explained we were almost there. But this guy continuously blamed us for what happened as if we had left the door open but we didn't even know they did it by accident.

As we pull into the resort, ROBERT is standing outside of the building waiting for us with a security guard ready to pour out all of his anger on my family and I, and granted there were kids with me who weren't old enough to realize what was happening. He proceeded to call the local sheriff department saying we were trespassers and this and that. Luckily the cops laughed in his face and left but he was trying to basically scare us.

So we moved our stuff out of the conjoined room we weren't supposed to have and my wife packed up all our bags and insisted we leave this "hell hole" at once. Please do yourself a favor and don't stay here and don't recommend this place. The initial appearance isn't even attractive, it's really old looking and the units are in need of serious renovation. Take your money elsewhere because their lack of customer service isn't worth your vacation time and money.

On a positive note though very nice location, secluded from the tourist area (kind of) and a 5 minute drive to animal kingdom.

• Stayed: December 2013
9  Thank ChrisCook58
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The location was excellent. The pool area was outstanding. Our room was great except for an old smelly couch. It was a great place to stay and I loved not being bothered by people wanting to clean up in the morning. Lots to see and do in Kissimmee and the surrounding area. Don't miss the Kennedy Space Center. It is a bit of a drive but well worth it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our family had a great time at this resort while staying in Florida and visiting Sea World and Aquatica. Location was wonderful. The rooms were clean, spacious, and stocked with every essential the traveler may need and then some. The staff was wonderful and very knowledgable about the area. I would totally recommend this establishment for the vacationing family!

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the blue building near the pool! Newly renovated and my kids loved the easy pool acce...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jodi R
Reviewed 28 October 2013

we were suppose to stay there a week but checked out the next morning because my grandkids walked on the carpet and there socks were black and we had just got there i pulled out dishes to make dinner and dishes were dirty so we went out to eat when we came back i was going to wash a few clothes and someone left the washer full of water and while in the elevator the it was so sticky and me shoes got stick to the floor.. the cabinets were so old and dirty i think we were in the oldest building they had.. and there is so much more so i requested to get moved and they would not move me to a newer building so we checked out that next morning...this is a horrible place to vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not got there !!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family