“Well located but needs updating.”

Festiva Orlando Resort
Ranked #44 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Positioned close to the Disney properties and the town of Celebration, this resort (now known as Festiva World Resort) was quite comfortable and convenient to attractions, restaurants and shopping, yet located in a quiet area about 1 mile off busy Rt.192. Our 2 BR unit was large and well-equipped with a full kitchen, 2 baths and a large screened lanai. It was a bit dated with stained carpeting and very old TV's, one of which was an old large screen projection model with a washed out picture, and the others were old 27" CRT models. Reception was efficient and friendly, and the pool/hot tub area was attractive and well-maintained. The resort offered basketball courts, shuffleboard, and an exercise/walking path around 1 of the 2 lagoons. The exercise/walking path also needs maintenance and repair. Cooking and eating supplies, dishes and utensils were more than adequate and all appliances were modern and up to date. We did find bedding too soft for our preferences. We would stay again as the price/value relationship was very favorable.

Room Tip: You will need a car to access off site restaurants and shopping.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LFA

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks, from January 24th - February 7th, first in a 1 bdrm, then opened up to 2 bdrm when friends joined us during the second week. Quite frankly, we picked this resort because it is the only one around that allows dogs and we were going to have our pouch with us this trip. They have one or two buildings designated as "pet friendly". Admittedly, these units have not been updated recently... The furniture was out of date, but it was quite clean and more than adequate for our needs. The only downsides I would say was there were not enough dishes and the wireless signal was very weak. If you're looking for a spa-like place, this isn't it. But if you want a comfortable, homey place to to come home to after a busy day at golf or Disney, this is a great choice.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was here from Jan 17 - Jan 21. This place was a great deal and very close to Disney world resort. The room was a little outdated but it was spacious and comfortable. I will try and stay here whenever I am in the area again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tonyg363
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My friends and I were here from Jan. 17th to the 24th. We were in a small one bedroom. It had not been updated and it showed. The carpet was filthy, furniture very worn, just not what we expected. Wifi was only good in the lobby of the office. Barely could get it in our unit.
Did not use the pool because it was quite cold that week.
Maybe the updated units are nice but only 2 buildings have been done so far. The location is good. That is the only good thing I can say about it.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 114sueinflorida
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Our executive one-bedroom villa was supposed to sleep 4, 2 in the bedroom and 2 on the sofa-bed. Yet there were only 2 drawers under the TV set in the bedroom and no place for the other 2 guests to store their stuff, or even a flat surface for them to work out of their suitcase. You have to buy your own toilet paper, trash bags, laundry and dish-washer soap after you use the free samples, even though you pay in full for the second week, you only get one week's worth of products. The carpet sweeper included in the room did not work. They had no vacuum cleaner we could borrow. This is important at a pet-friendly hotel where you can have dog biscuit crumbs on the floor.

We made our reservation under RCI which said the resort had a 60-lb pet limit. When we arrived, the clerk had me sign a paper saying my dog weighed less than 40-lb and that I was at risk of a $250 fine if anyone noticed my 60 lb dog weighed more than 40 lb. Apparently when Festiva took over, it did not notify RCI it had lowered their maximum pet size limit, even though it still takes reservations from RCI. After driving 3 days fom Maine, was bringing my dog to a pet-friendly resort supposed to be my fault? I would have made a reservation somewhere else had I known their real pet policy and known the rooms were so meagerly furnished with a screened porch which overlooked a vacant lot.

Room Tip: Go someplace else. By restricting themselves to small dogs, there is constant high-pitched yippy-yap...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Opal144
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We vacationed in this resort in Oct. 2013, and the whole facility renovated by Festiva was great! There wasn't a fitness center, but a very nice pool- that we were in every day. It was very clean and very good customer service. Fla. was great overall- soo many things to do here. I would highly recommend to go again.

Room Tip: I'm not sure, but late Oct. was a great time to go- off season- weather in the 80's!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CFamily2014
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Good location for touristy things, Disney and restaurants; it's quieter since it's a bit further away from all the chaos of 592.

The resort itself is alright. I like the layout of the buildings. The pool was nice with its walk-in area for little ones. The play area had super cold water though so it wasn't too nice on a coolish day.

The rooms:
We had a joining 2bdrm unit so the bonus kitchenette in the other room was nice to keep extra foods in since we were 2 families sharing the double units. Only one of the stove elements worked (there were only 2) whereas the other unit's stove was much nicer and worked so we all agreed to just share in the meals and cooking together so it wasn't much of a worry.
The doors were SUPER creaky. All of them needed to be oiled.
The toilet flushes were SO loud. Like a jet plane taking off. Terrible during the night.
As a previous poster mentioned, the carpets are disgusting. We walked around for half a day and everyones feet were black. We wore our flip flops around after that. Carpets need replacing urgently.
We were on an end unit and we could hear people stomping up the stairs. And hear the toilets flush.
The mattress was like a marshmallow. I slept on it for 2 days and I am now paying for it by way of chiropractor bills. On the 3rd day, I spoke to the front desk about it and they ended up changing out the mattress for a firmer one. Not as firm as I'd like but it was an improvement.
I had my little one with me and when I checked in they didn't have any cribs for us to use and were told to call a company to rent one for $70 for the week. Which is absurd because I just went to Walmart and bought one for $70.
Anyways, I would stay again depending the price - this time we got this resort through a timeshare exchange so am unsure of its actual value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family