“Worst Resort EVER !”

Ranked #64 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Boston, Massachusetts
“Worst Resort EVER !”
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Check in went very smooth, had to give a credit card and they put a $50. hold on it so I asked what is the $50. for and they answered for "any accidental reasons" I get all checked in, then was sent across the room to get my parking pass, which made no sence at first. then I was asked which felt like a 100 questions about who was in my group and if there would be a "MR" joining me.. because we were there for our daughters dance competition, I told the lady we had no time for anything other then the
competition.she finally gave me my car pass and off I went to find our Unit .. My daughter and I felt like we where in the slums of some city, I called my husband and told him I did not want to stay there and that I was going back to the Hotel in Disney. or I was going to call RCI to see if we could move to another resort, he told me just wait until he arrived. The courtyard outside our unit was a horrible mess there was trash over flowing in the barrel. dead palm tree I did not see one flower, inside the unit it was very clean but looks like the furniture was from the eightys. Now for the list of problems, the closet door in the guest bedroom one door did not open, the towel rack in the master bath fell off the wall, the shower door did not open or close right, the toilet was the loudest thing ever, as a matter of fact everytime a toilet was fluhed by another unit we could hear it, the walls seem to be thin, I could hear someone in the next unit snoring.. the air conitioner was very loud and did not cool the place to well,
the ceiling fan in the master bedroom was so loud that we could not use it. and off balance looked like it was going to fall from the ceiling.
the carpet had bubbles in it. the dryer took 3 hours to dry towels. and forget about the bed and pillows... this resort is in desperate need of renovation. if you belong
to RCI DO NOT trade into this resort...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Jekyll Island, Georgia
Reviewed 2 July 2010

They have a very friendly staff that will try and accommodate any request. This was a last-minute vacation plan for us and we had to find a pet-friendly place to stay. Pet-friendly resorts are very hard to find. The location is away from the busy tourist area so it is fairly quiet.

Now for the cons:
This place is showing its age and needs a lot of improvement and updating. The door on our "villa" was not even painted... just gray primer and rust. There was no weather stripping in the doorway so hot air and bugs were welcome to come and go as they pleased. The outside stairwells are infested with bugs, spider webs everywhere, and the garbage bins under the stairs only add to the filthiness. They really need to pressure wash the stairs every once in a while. Also, they need to sweep the stairs after it rains… very slippery and dangerous. Placing little “caution - wet floor” cones in the puddle water is not going to prevent someone from falling down a flight of stairs. Their "jacuzzis" in the executive villas are nothing more than bathtubs with whirlpool jets; ours had very little power but made a lot of noise. We could hear the people above us using theirs late at night… we could barely hear our television. The sofa-bed was so old that we had to pay separately for the connecting "villa" room so that our son could sleep comfortably for the week. The bed in our bedroom was about as comfortable as a motel bed. The springs would primarily roll you onto the floor if you moved around too much. The pillows were smaller than most hotel pillows… very cheap. The screen enclosure surrounding the balcony was torn and the mosquitoes found their way in; maintenance said they could do nothing about it. Security is definitely lacking; some vehicles were broken into while we were there... the parking area is not even that big. It is "2010" and they do not have Wi-Fi available in the rooms... HELLO! You will have to head over to the “clubhouse” lobby and sit in a chair with your laptop literally on your lap to take advantage of their Wi-Fi. Or, you can sign in to use one of the two computers in the lobby. However, you may not use their computer for more than 30 minutes; and there is no printing or USB access from these computers. The clubhouse is spotless and the general cleanliness of the villas is acceptable. The outside of the villas needs a lot of attention. A lot of mold everywhere and our building was in need of a good coat of paint. I could go on... but I feel I’ve stated my grounds. I would have rather just booked into a hotel... even Motel 6 has Wi-Fi available in their rooms.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 30 June 2010

We booked this condo back in April for our family vacation to Disney and Universal. The reviews were somewhat mixed and I had some misgivings about it. We were very pleased with this resort. It looks like perhaps they have been remodeling and updating recently. The unit was clean and looked to be freshly painted. The grounds, clubhouse, and pool were spotless. All the staff were friendly and helpful. It was just a short distance from the main highway, off the beaten path, but still very close to Disney. We liked that it seemed like you were in the "country" and not among all the hotels and restaurants. Very pleased with our stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Purcellville, VA
Reviewed 18 June 2010

We stayed here last summer and were impressed with the condition of our condo and convenience to Disney World and restaurants. The condo had a very nice master bedroom and bath, and it was great having a kitchen and porch. The only complaint I have was that we had terrible cell service (not necessarily the resort's fault) and no wireless internet (although there is a computer station in the front desk building).

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Port St. Lucie, FL
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I stayed here in Oct 09. We had 2 rooms. One for us and our small dogs and One for my daughter and her husband. We returned Jun 10, without the dogs, as we really enjoyed our stay in Oct. After reading some of the terrible things on here...I have no idea where those folks stayed! I have now been in 3 different buildings and rooms. Every room/Building I stayed was fine! Staff is so friendly. Even the gardeners, maintenance, housekeeping on the grounds greet you pleasantly and ask if you have need/everything ok.
The room our Daughter had was one of the best. I'm sure it is one they use for the timeshare presentation. Even though our room was not as luxurious, (we had the dogs) still there was nothing wrong with it.
Nice to have a pool open to midnight! Alot of times, when i go to a hotel, i can never use the pool as we are busy in day and after dinner..pool is closed.
Oh and my husband has a bad back(not resort's fault)His back has never suffered here. Believe me, his back has spoiled some of our nicest trips.
We are planning on returning in Nov/Dec.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sage1949
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 5 June 2010

My husband and I took our daughter to Florida as a college-graduation present. We are RCI owners and traded in points to go to Orlando. Here's how everything went:

-Check-in: Staff was very pleasant. I was directed to another counter to get my parking pass, which was really just a ploy to have to listen to a timeshare sales pitch. I advised the woman that we were already owners, but she insisted on trying to set us up for a "60 minute session," and the prize would be $60 off of tickets to some attraction. The only way I could get out of making an appointment was to tell her that I'd have to talk to my husband, who would not be in until the following day, which was Saturday. We were dozing on Sunday morning when the phone rang at about 8:15 AM. It was the same lady asking me if I'd had a chance to talk to my husband yet. I finally convinced her that we did not want to come to any of her "sessions," but it really bothered me that we were given the hard sell when we only wanted to relax. And she knew we were already owners; did she think we wanted to buy a SECOND timeshare???

-Unit: Our unit was clean enough, but the walls were paper-thin. We could hear all of our neighbors' conversations. The towels were of the lowest quality possible; one of them even had a big hole in it. The washer and dryer were fine but very small-capacity, so only about three towels would fit per load. The biggest problem was that we could not regulate the temperature. It was always too hot or too cold, and it seemed like the thermostat was broken because when it was freezing it would be set on 80.

-Grounds/pool: The landscaping crew was always out and about, and the grass always looked nice. However, the units themselves were rundown. Several were in need of a power-washing. Our unit had weird green paint streaks around the porch, as if someone started a painting project that they never finished. The resort boasted that it provided two grills for guests to use, but when we inspected these grills we found so much gunk that needed to be scraped off that we decided it wasn't worth it. The pool area seemed nice at first: lots of chairs, unlimited use of [cheap] towels, etc. However, there was a thin layer of bugs floating on the top of the pool every morning when it had stormed the night before. They had streamed in some pleasant 80s music, but the volume was set so loud that you couldn't even have a conversation. The first time I used the restroom, I pulled on the end of the toilet paper roll and the whole dispenser came crashing down on my shoulder. Upon closer inspection, I found that someone had repaired the dispenser with clear packing tape, and that it had been undone and re-taped many times. When I was walking out of the restroom, I almost stepped in a brown smudge that was appeared to be human waste. I went into the clubhouse lobby, grabbed the first person I could find, and walked him out to the restroom. He was very nice and apologetic, and told me he'd take care of it. Unfortunately, that meant that the entire restroom was shut down for the rest of the day. The next day, I saw that the brown smudge was gone, but that the toilet paper dispenser was still held together with the same piece of packing tape. (I saw the same employee later that day, and he asked me if I was feeling better, and he seemed genuinely polite. However, when I first took him to the restroom to show him the "issues," he had asked me what my room number was. I fully expected a follow-up call from management or maybe even the offer of some sort of upgrade, but I got nothing. The only person who acknowledged my injury was that same maintenance worker.)

-Convenience: This resort is very convenient to to the theme parks and attractions.

-Recommendation: I cannot recommend this resort to anyone. Our "real" timeshare is in Cashiers, NC, and it feels like a resort. This place felt like a cheap motel in many ways, and I would never want to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank pantherfansc
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 May 2010

This trip was my second. last May 2009 was my first. The first trip was ok. The unit they gave me was a so-so but clean and but you can see some wear and tear. However, my latest trip, I was so disappointed with the dirty couch, dining room chairs and placemats!!! I can throw them away, really! You will never ever attempt to put your butt in those chairs. Even before, I know that their beds are soooo hard but I already know that from my first trip. But it is the hardest bed I have ever slept in my whole entire life. The grass is way more comfortable. For the management I beg to throw away your old couches, re upholster your chairs or better yet buy a new one and changed the cushion on other sofas. Please!!!

The only good thing is, despite being old, kuddos to the cleaning people. I know they tried their hardest to clean the units.

Then I could not believe why they are still selling timechare on this property. I will never ever pay a dime on this crap. I am sorry but that is the truth. And after I already told them at check in that I do not want to sit in their presentation, they still called me at least twice. Probably they called me more than that its just that I was out in the theme parks most of the time. I will never go back, my recent visit trip me off. Oh btw, when I checked in they told me and wrote wrong building. After taking all our belongings to the 2nd floor of building B and the cards didn't work. So I have to go back to the clubhouse and the receptionist said it was really building A. Well thank you very much!!! After a 2 days drive with a 3 year old in tow, we have to go down again and bring our belongings to the next building. That was really exhausting!!!

During our stay, in the middle of the night we hear our neighbor quarreling and somebody went outside and bang the door. It was loud!

I think I can find a better condo that this. There are a whole lot in the area. I would not recommend this to anyone at all.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family