“This resort needs major repairs/renovations!”

Festiva Orlando Resort
Ranked #63 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Hartford, Connecticut
“This resort needs major repairs/renovations!”
Reviewed 23 October 2010

We moved to this resort after a week at Vacation Villages at Parkway. We were very disappointed by the run-down appearance and lack of cleanliness of the first building and room we were given. The building needed to be repainted and the plantings were dead or dying. The carpet in the unit was very stained and worn. I asked to be moved to another unit and was told that they were all similar because the resort was due for it's first update and renovation. I was given a unit in a building closer to the front of the resort and it was better. The floor was tile instead of stained carpet which made a big difference. The staff was very helpful throughout our stay and I would say that they are the resorts biggest asset at this point. My kids also enjoyed the pool and kids' craft/activity center.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Disneydreaming

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
NC
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We chose to stay at this resort as it was one of only a handful in the country thru RCI that allows pets. We were prepared for less than perfect surroundings due to this fact and some of the reviews here on Tripadvisor, but were extremely pleased with our surroundings. And the pooch loved the grounds and lakeside track, not to mention all the other pups he could visit with. If we'd had the time and the supplies we would have loved to cook out on the lakeside grills.
We would have no qualms recommending the resort to others. There was a stain here or there, but it was certainly clean and comfortable. The bed was one of the best I've slept on in ages. I have dust mite and mold allergies and they did not act up while staying here--however, I took my own pillow coverings just in case.
The kitchen was even equipped with a toaster, blender, teapot, electric can opener, etc. not just the necessities.
We did have a problem with the washer not draining, but when we called the desk, maintenance visited and replaced the part within 10 minutes. I'm sure the appliances have a bit more than the usual wear and tear.
Another unit experienced a mild kitchen smoke incident and maintenance was there to check on them and insure everyone was safe within 2 minutes flat.
The pool is great--love that it is open late. However, it is getting a bit cool and the heaters don't keep it as warm as I would like it.
Though the resort is fairly close to Disney, our main destination was Universal and we did not have any issues with slow-moving traffic along I-4 any day we headed north. In fact, we could be parked and in the park in less than 30 minutes.
We also really enjoyed Wildside BBQ on Irlo Bronson a couple of miles away. Great calamari, bbq chicken quesadillas and soups!
Hope to be able to visit again!

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank Gita27
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed 3 October 2010

I was traveling with 3 companions from work, all traveling separately and staying in different rooms, and we all were sick by the end of the trip. The rooms are not obviously dirty besides the overwhelming mildew smell and stained carpets, but somehow all of us had some sort of respiratory ailment by the end of the trip. My room smelled so bad that I have to wash every item I brought with me now that I'm home.
The bed is terrible, my shoulders were falling asleep from it.
Even though the bedrooms are in the back of the unit, you can hear all your neighbors when they open or close their impossible to work doors or walk around. You can also hear your neighbors shower and flush their toilets. Plus, the resort had lawn people working at 8 AM on a Saturday. Who does that?
However, the security staff is wonderful. They helped me when I couldn't get in because the doors are insane, and I felt safe.
I would never stay here again; it's not worth the lack of sleep and getting ill.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank murfsgirl

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I woulden't ever come back here, the security people think they are soo important. There just a bunch of controll freak loooossssseeeerrrrrssss.I f you have any liberatarian in you, and you enjoy freedom, than dont stay here. Democrats will love the controlling and regulating from these wanna be cops.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Puyallup, WA
Reviewed 24 August 2010

My father found this place because the military had cheap rates for condos in the area. For two seperate rooms and for 6 nights it cost around $1000, which isn't bad at all. The rooms decor is a little out dated, white whicker furniture in the bedroom? First off, customer service at the front desk was excellent. They printed out maps and things we might enjoy without us even asking, this was when I picked up the second key (we arrived way before check-in and one room was ready). They also told us about getting into Sea World for free because of Military benefits (website). The rooms were clean, neat, and kept nice and cool. Great location to hop on and off the freeway. Disney World was VERY close by. Plus the main strip had lots of dining and shopping options.

The only complaint is my mom and younger sister went to the swimming pool and came back within 30 mins. They said the pool had hair and other weird things floating in it. Plus there is no internet in the rooms but you can go to the office and use the internet there.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Roseville, California, USA
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I just got back from my vacation from Orlando. Keep in mind as you read this that I am an owner of this resort but this was my first time actually staying here since I bought it over 8 years ago. I have always exchanged it at RCI and knew that I’d come back once my kids were old enough to enjoy the theme parks. I think back then it was a Gold Crown designation. If you plan on owning at this resort, please beware. When I first bought it, I saw the potential. There were only a few buildings up and when I saw the model in the sales room, I figured it would be worth it when they finish the entire construction. They even showed me a nice model room during the presentation and told me how much they were going to grow and I have yet to see it grow as large as that model in the sales room. They recently showed me another room during the presentation and it is nothing near the room they actually gave me. I am very disappointed in this place. I really feel like a sucker buying this place. We own two other time shares, one in Maui and one in Cancun, and we have stayed at so many resorts in the past 10 years, vacationing once or twice a year and this one is the worse we’ve ever been.
First the good news…
1. The staff is friendly and courteous.
2. The pool was refreshing and fun for the kids.
3. The Air Conditioner is outstanding (when it works).
4. The security upon entering the grounds is pretty good.
However, upon opening the front door to unit B33, it was great at first site, but soon after looking around…
1. Master Bathroom light bulb was out.
• Called Front Desk and Maintenance replaced it.
2. Carpets were really filthy with stains and holes.
3. Remote Control to the living room television was missing.
• Called Front Desk and Maintenance gave us a brand new one, but it didn’t work, so we had to replace that one, too.
4. There were no bath towels
• Called Front Desk and a bag of towels were brought up.
5. Kitchen faucet cap was broken and water was not easy to turn on.
6. Furniture was really dingy, including the Sofa, Kitchen table chairs. Some furniture had stains on them.
7. Televisions seemed more than a decade old.
• Sales showed us LCD screens in the model rooms.
After staying the first night, here are some more observations…
1. Master Shower door would not close easily.
2. Master Bathroom lock did not work.
3. Guest Bathroom tub was stained.
4. One sheet had a blood stain on it
5. One of the towels was stained and had holes.
6. Another towel had ripped while drying my back.
7. There was dent in the refrigerator door.
8. Sofa bed had dead bugs on the mattress.
9. One of the blankets had human hair on it.
10. There were no nonstick pans so prepare to burn everything you cook or bring a lot of cooking oil.
11. The clothes dryer does not dry at all unless you have just one piece of clothing in it.
12. There is no wireless internet in the room; or wired for that matter.
• Only in the lobby and pool area provides wireless service.
13. Volume for the Living room TV went out.
• Called Front Desk and Maintenance came up and fixed it but blamed the lighting storm. Hmmm…..
14. Air Conditioner went out.
• Called Front Desk and told me to reset the breaker for the AC. (It worked.)
• The problem is that it went out sometime during the day and when we came back from a hot day at Disney it was like an oven.
15. Not all outlets seemed to work.
16. One of the two key cards stopped working.
• Front desk reset it and told me to keep it away from my credit cards and cell phones. Hmmm…
17. We found a large red ant crawling along the bed near my 3 year old son.
18. The TV stands in the bedroom has doors that don’t retract inside the unit and thus stick out so that you can bump into them every time you walk by.
• Not really safe if you have a 5 year old and 3 year old playing around the bed.
19. I found a letter on the floor outside my neighbor’s door.
• It mentioned a welcome package. I didn’t get anything but a crappy room.
• The second letter for my neighbor mentioned $100 exchange promotion and I got $50.
• Obviously my neighbors were not owners and they wanted to suck them into buying into this resort.
20. I got a call for what I thought was going to be an owner’s meeting but turned out to be another sale’s presentation.
• I even had this list of items to discuss with the staff and other owners but they tried selling me another program which was “especially available only for us owners”.
• They were great but I just wasn’t in the mood to buy something where I was already disappointed with the resort. Also their reservation site that they were raving about didn’t work.
• I’ve been to many of these sales presentations and this was definitely below par. All resort sales presentations I have attended had better food selection and more variety of drinks. And their website actually worked.

Maybe all the people who had recently given this resort good reviews must have stayed in the model units because the unit I checked into was horrible. Perhaps they were not owners and the resort wanted to sell them ownership and purposely had given them the better unit. Whatever the case, if the other rooms were as bad as mine, this place is in dire need of help. Unless, of course they find a few suckers like me.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank DerrikAmmons
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2010

We arrived on July 17, 2010 as an RCI trade in. We were a little leary when we checked in because the buildings and awnings were in need of cleaning. We checked in and were sent to building J. The courtyard had dirt with no grass or flowers, just dirt. We went upstairs to the unit to find a corroded and rusty stove, dingy looking bedspreads. A layer of dust sat atop the living room drapes. The chairs had dust on the backs.The tv stand had a thick layer of dust on it. The bathroom jets looked corroded. On our way out we saw a spider web with a bug in it in the corner above the door. We asked for a different room that might be cleaner. Security came witha key and took us to another unit that had a fake granite countertop that someone had spilled sugar on. The bedspreads still looked dingy. The living room had a 7 foot tear in front of the sofa. The jets in the bathroom still looked corroded. We checked out, and checked in to Star Island instead. Don't waste your timeunless you get their model room.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business