“Ruined our vacation”

Ranked #6 of 11 Kissimmee B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, Florida
“Ruined our vacation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I planned a last minute vacation for my kids and I to Disney during the holiday and racing weekend in Daytona so naturally I booked ahead of time to avoid arriving to find no vacancy anywhere. When I arrived around 11:30PM with the confirmation from Hotels.com "guaranteeing" my room in hand, I was told they had no record of it and they had no vacancy. By the time I finished with all of this it was past midnight and the travel sites had rolled over to the next night and were useless. I tried for 2 hours to find a hotel and ended up driving 3 hours back home. Ruined my vacation, upset the kids, and really pi$$(d me off. Will never reserve here again nor recommend it, it is at the end of 192 where nothing else really is, the outside looks like a dump and the area looked kinda sketchy as well. Never made it inside so can't really say anything about that.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Brian W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
malaga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have spent a lot of time looking for a, reasonably rated, budget hotel for our return to Kissimmee in November. This place seems to be a fairly good deal on the hotel booking sites that I normally use to get great deals. I thought that it best to do a price comparison direct with Toscana Suites first, on what I thought was Toscana Suites own site, and they priced a better deal. For some reason my payment was denied. I thought that it best to try again the next day. In the morning my bank phoned me to say they had blocked the payment as it was suspicious. I re checked the site that I went to and found that it was not Toscana's own site but an agent, WITH NO TRADE NAME DISPLAYED, that in its terms would pass on the booking but could not guarantee reservation? very odd??. On closer inspection all the contact details such as phone numbers were different. Close call for me so I advise double check especially if the price seems too good. I canceled the card then used another one for my booking with my usual hotel booking site. Will write my experience review after our visit.

Room Tip: Does anyone have any photos of the outside balcony's.
Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank brit-xpat
Laurel, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

First let me start by saying that I loved this place. Being fair, the property is under renovation so the outside of the property is a bit of an eye sore. If you can get passed that, its a perfect place to stay. Our rate was $69 before tax, and we were only a mile from Disney. The picture is exactly what you will find.

We stayed in a one bedroom. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything you need to fix meals. There is a super target within 2 miles of the hotel. If you would rather eat out, there are plenty of restaurants in the area, most of them buffets. You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank CNelTravelGenious
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Toscana Suites has a terrific location. Easy on & off the highway. We stayed for Veteran's day weekend, and the hotel was very quiet. The surrounding area needs updating, but the room was very nice and clean.
The hotel staff was in the office at midnight on Friday waiting for us and 3 others to check in. They provided friendly service.
The room was a small condo with a living room, kitchen, laundry in unit and a bedroom with balcony. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Some of the second floors rooms have real balconies. This is not a bed & breakfast.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank J L
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed at Toscana suites for 3 nights in November. The room is just like a 1 bedroom apt with all the conveniences of home. The place was very clean which is important to me. The staff was also very nice. The bed was huge but a bit uncomfortable. The crown molding, granite, and jacuzzi tub were very nice and i loved having a full kitchen. No complaints here i think the price will go up once the remodel is complete.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cslingerland
Maryville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I found this "hotel" on Expedia and read many of the reviews. Most reviews were very positive with a few negative. Upon arriving at this hotel, which is more like an apartment, there appears to be much of the "resort" that is yet to be remodeled. The building that is remodeled, however, is very nice. The suites include a living room with a pull out sofa, a full kitchen with dishes and dish washer, a full size bathroom and a separate bedroom with two queen size beds. I was very happy with my decision to stay here and would return for another visit. The resort is right next door to Disney and we arrived at many of the resorts within five minutes. The only items that may need to be improved upon is the comfort of the beds. You could feel the springs through the mattress. They were very new but just a bad quality of mattress. Everything else was awesome and for the price paid, a great value!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jen_G378
Bracknell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I recently stayed at this property with my wife, it was clean - very important, the full kitchen was a huge bonus and helped save money on eating out, Furniture wasn't to our taste but it was good enough. Only negative was the wi-fi - didn't work well but the office has pc's and printers that are freely available to use. Very close to disney so a good location if you're visiting those parks.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple