I’ve re-written this review a couple of times; trying very hard to convey my disappointment with our rental without too much emotion. The bottom line is- take a close look at the photos online, then expect the place to be 40-50% worse than the photos. My family- husband, son, and parents just returned from a week at Mago Key Villas Unit 10 (3 br). Yes, the photos show a unit in need of an update, but since other members of my family have stayed at MKV previously with good things to say, we went for it. The unit was dirty, run down, and overall disappointing. Our other family members were in a 2 br condo next door, which was 300xs better than ours.
Part of the problem is the owner not wanting to put any money into keeping up the place and part is the cleaning crew. Our main objections were met (on Monday, definitely not on Sat/Sun) quickly and were very nice. They replaced two broken ceiling fans, cleaned the carpets, re-cleaned the rooms and replaced the wireless router. However, it wasn’t until the end of the week that we figured out they had not configured the router properly and we were without internet until our last night. My husband had to do his work at a nearby cafe. The cleaners came to mop, and by mop, I mean they sprayed the floor and wiped with a swifter. That same day our socks were black, so we left our shoes on while walking around. The couches are filthy, so we threw sheets over them to sit on. My parents purchased a large frying pan so we could actually cook more than one burger at a time. They also purchased their own washcloths since we were given a total of 2 and one was falling apart.
So, fine, the place is run down, dirty, and with dead bugs where the carpet is coming apart. We are budget travelers for the most part, but when it comes to my 18 month old son, I want a clean place. I kick myself for not insisting for a different unit or just leaving and going to a hotel. I’m also very sorry I did not take photos to prove my points. The beds were so bad, that we are still catching up on our sleep.
On a good note, the location of MKV is nice. Very close to Disney, Sea World, outlet shops, restaurants and Universal. The pool is kept clean and the management are quite personable. I am not saying to not stay at MKV, but do not select unit 10! We did not get what we paid for, even if the total wasn’t that much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villages At Mango Key is a lovely small resort of 33 individual town homes just a few minutes drive from Disney world and about 30 minutes from sea world and Universal Studios.It is not a Hotel but a resort with each home being privately owned.Most of the homes are managed by a company that works from the onsite Clubhouse.Our resort has a beautiful heated Pool and Hot tub perfect for a relaxing evening after a day at the parks and professionally maintained gardens, There is also a really nice BBQ area with solar lighting for those late evening get together's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Villages at Mango Key reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villages At Mango Key Hotel Kissimmee
- Villages At Mango Key Kissimmee, Florida