“Problems with getting food right and kept waiting for table”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #72 of 852 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We rang ahead to book in as we are a party of 15, agreeing a table time of 7.30pm. We were kept waiting 45 minutes, which was very annoying as we had a seven year old and pretty much everyone was ready to eat at the agreed time. Our waitress was charming and a credit to the restaurant; she particularly made sure that all those ordering steaks knew exactly what they would be getting, which would have been brilliant, had the kitchen actually cooked them right!! Two steaks were so past the required state of cooking that the serving staff immediately offered to take them away and get new ones cooked and those two members of our party were given complimentary bowls of soup. However, everyone had actually finished eating (we did not eat particularly quickly) by the time the replacements finally arrived and it pretty much ruined our evening. Personally I had the pasta, which was flavourless, saved by the grilled prawns. My blue cheese and pecan salad was however exceptionally good and my 17 year old thought her salad was the best she had ever eaten. The deep fried onion was greasy and we thought the oil it was cooked it was probably not particularly fresh. They have a special deal on some drinks after 9pm, which was a bonus and my mum in law loved her Blackberry Martini ($4). Our corner of the restaurant was extremely hot, although we heard others complaining of being cold, so maybe there was an issue with the air con in our area. Would possibly return, but not with such a big party as clearly getting the steaks right for such a big order was beyond the skills of the kitchen staff.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,260)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My family of 9 ate here on a recent vacation to a Florida and we were not disappointed the fillet was cook to perfection and the atmosphere was great.

If your in the area definitely give this a try you will not be disappointed!

Will definitely be returning on our next vacation!

1  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We were a party of 11, including 3 children. The food was outstanding! Fabulous service too. The steak was cooked perfect

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing is an understatement for the service here, let alone the food!

The atmosphere and service is so inviting, my family and I will definitely be returning here!

Heads up, you must try the coconut shrimp - they are OUT OF THIS WORLD!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I can not and will not get over the creamy mash potato here.

When I think of my vacation to Florida, I always remember the Outback Steakhouse and can not wait to return. We ate out here several times as it was located just 10 mins away from our Villa. The ribs we're FAB. Service was great too!