“Another relaxing week !”

Florida Vacation Villas
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at Florida Vacation Villas last week on vacation and enjoyed yet another relaxing stay. We come to Florida every year and stay here. The office staff are outstanding !! We always enjoy nice pool and hot tub time and a very quiet and relaxing time ! Every Friday , weather permitting , we enjoy a nice cookout that is provided to each guest from the resort. How nice !!!!! This is a very wonderful place to be at on vacation and we will continue to visit each year !!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bobby C

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at the villa for a week. The front desk staff was very friendly. We got there right at closing time and he came back in to assist us. So I thought that was pretty nice. The condition of the buildings were older than most condos that I've stayed in, but it wasn't anything that I couldn't deal with. Initially when I walked through, the unit looked clean. But as I spent more time in the condo, I did see things that could have been better.

#1 I found an EXTREMELY DIRTY pan in the cabinet. Housekeeping needs to do a better job. It was completely disgusting, but the front desk replaced it with a brand new pan immediately.

#2 The water pressure in my shower was horrible. And the hot water was not good at all.

#3 The king size bed in the master had a huge gap in between the headboard and the mattress. My one year old was standing on the bed and fell completely behind the bed because of this big gap!! I was so upset.

Other than those things, I guess you can say, the stay was okay. We were barely in there so it didn't bother me as much as it did some of the other reviewers.. When I do return to Florida, I will probably not stay here, but it's not the worst place that I have seen.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank teshanick
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I would not recommend this condo to anyone. We stayed in a 2 bd unit across an extremely busy street from the office and main grounds. The whole building was run down. This place still uses a metal key attached to a key ring. Not very safe in my opinion and tells you how out dated these units are. The outside.....The stairs are dangerous, steep and wet ALL the time. The siding on the building is warped and broken in several places. The walls are very thin. The pool area was clean and well kept. However, The deck is extremely hot. We couldn't walk on it at all. It was made out of some cheap tile or something similar. There is a playground but we didn't allow our kids to play on it. It looked unsafe and it was in direct sunlight all day. You could only imagine how hot everything was.
The unit itself was run down and in need of several repairs. The counters, dishes, bathroom sinks, tub, and shower were all dirty. The fan in the bathroom was about to fall down. There was big time mold in one of the bathrooms. The tv and DVD remotes did not work, nor was the DVD player hooked up right. The porch was disgusting! It didn't have a screen and the furniture was so dirty we couldn't sit out there.
This place expects you to take out your own trash, all the way to the dumpster. (I understand leaving it outside your door but taking it to the dumpster?!). They provide only the toilet paper that's on the roll when you arrive. You have to buy more if you need it. They do not provide a sponge for washing dishes, therefor all the pans were dirty and crusty.
Overall the condo did it's job (place to sleep, eat and bath) but we will never stay here again nor do we recommend anyone to do so. Especially if you spend any amount of time just hanging out at your condo. There are just too many problems to overlook. The positive reviews on here really confuse me.
Positive note...
The ladies that work in the office were very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank JennyinDisney
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've stayed in hundreds of places over the years and I've never seen such a poorly managed, poorly run place. I'm not sure where the positive reviews come from, because obviously the staff does not care at all. We checked in late and our room was not in clean (dirty floors, dirty beds, dirty bedding, boogers on the walls, dirty dishes, and more). Unfortunately, they were only open for a very few hours on Sunday, so we were not able address the issue with the front office till Monday. We waited till 10am, but the maid never showed, so we left. When we got back the room had obviously not been cleaned and none of our issues addressed. When I called the front desk, they claimed the room had been cleaned. I asked them to come look. They refused. I asked for another room or something to make this right. Their response, "Nothing we can do for you" You got to love that kind of service.

Beyond the obvious filth in our room, the entire complex is getting dated. There are newer units, but we were in what appeared the oldest unit. Rooms are large, furniture is well worn but working. It looks like they try to fix somethings and don't address many others. Given all the other choices in the Orlando area, I would never, ever stay here again.

Room Tip: First, don't stay here. If you have to, ensure you are in the town home units and not the apart...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank caposotto
bigsmile31, Front Office Manager at Florida Vacation Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you so much for your comment. As a resort that does care about our guests and we do try very hard to make every guests/owners happy.. However there is two sides of every story. You have missed a couple pieces in your story....and since this is your review of our resort. Of course you can write what ever you like.
We hope you did enjoy the rest of your trip and in the future continue to travel to Central Florida. There is plenty of wonderful things to do here. Safe travels home.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were greeted with open arms & felt very welcome. The service was exceptional, The staff were very polite, informative,& helpful in everyway. We loved the BBQ area. The pool was very well taken care of ,including the grounds. We had a great time here at Florida Vacation Villas. We are a gay couple & felt appreciated & not discriminated against like some other vacation sites & destinations. .A Big Thank-you ,Ric & Jef

Room Tip: Be yourself & feel free to ask questions.The staff is very helpful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We are owners of this time share and we loved Florida Vacation Villas. We even bought another week this year. We try to visit at the same time every year (middle of March). Great staff, Amy, Danielle, Rosa, Scott, Jay as well as the cleaning and maintenance people were very helpful. The unit and the common area was always clean. They are always trying to upgrade the resort.

Everything is nearby shopping, restaurants, Disney and golf. We really enjoy the friendly atmosphere the Friday BBQ. The pool and hot tub are wonderful and because it is such a family resort not usually too crowded.

We have always enjoyed our vacation here and hope to continue to visit

Jeff & Diana Kennaway

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jkennaway
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This was our second time staying at this facility. I am sure it will not be the last time. Location is great with shopping, parks, banking and dining all close by. Unit was very clean and well equipped. Hot Tub and Pool area spotless. The only time we failed to take advantage of it was due to inclement weather. Fellow travelers we met shared our enthusiasm and all praised the staff. They are tops and we pray Disney does not find out about them and wisk them away. They have their own version of Pixie dust that is a real pick-up it is a pleasure to chat with them. Our screen door was in need of repair and it was fixed immediately. I can only guess that guests who complain about the facility might be upset with the weather at the time of their visit.

Room Tip: Perkins is just down the road. ( walking distance ) Walmart. Target. Sam's, Publix , CVS Walgree...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank disfan15
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Wyndham Cypress Palms
#35 of 154 in Kissimmee
Fantasy World Club Villas
Fantasy World Club Villas
#42 of 154 in Kissimmee

Been to Florida Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!