“Perfect for us”

Sunlake Resort
Minot, ND
“Perfect for us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Exactly what we were looking for, best location for all attractions, walking distance to numerous restaurants, bars, shopping, etc, great price and well equipped unit

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Chad C

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I was a little nervous about renting at sun Lake Resort, but after my stay I can only give it a glowing review. From my understanding from Lisa the operation manager at Great American Vacations investors are going in and buying units and having them refurbished. Our unit was one of those and it was beautiful and so clean. The location was just minutes from the Disney attractions and it was walking distance to so many restaurants in the area. We enjoyed our stay so much that we have already booked our 2013 vacation with Lisa.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank MelissaW2010
Red Deer
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I am always curious to read reviews after I return from my vacations, and realize that some people will complain about anything. If you are looking for absolutely the most convenient location in Orlando/Kissimmee in relation to the attractions, this place offers it. Apparantely this place was in receivership but I guess now alot of condos are privately owned. The unit we stayed in was fabulous and fully equipped. There was the inconvenience of workmen about, but that happens when renovations are been done. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there, especially for what we paid compared to other condos near Disney.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank merv o
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Sun Lake Condo's is a large complex. The "Resort" owns about 20 of them and has gone under. These condo's were empty when we were there. We were fortunate to book with a private owner through sunlakevacations.com and condo #3139B in this complex is very very nice. Very well maintained by the owner. The pool and hot tub were very clean. The area is very quiet. The "lake" is a swamp but all the decks are completely screened in so it is not a problem at all. Close to all attractions and the shopping strip. The layout of this condo is like separate hotel rooms. Two kingsize rooms with private baths and TV. Two smaller rooms that share a 3rd bathroom. Washer/dryer. Fully equipped kitchen. We liked it just fine.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Judy H
Parrsboro, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

Can't believe all the bad reviews....this was our second trip to Sunlake..and although the rooms this time were not as nice as last trip...we were happy with them....spacious, quiet, big screen TV, all the amenities except for a few basics....IT DOES TELL YOU THAT when you book....so close to parks, restaurants, shopping, etc. and the price was really low. Some people expect Disney quality resorts for a quarter of the price...my money is better spent at the parks...not on a room....sorry if this place is closing...we would have come again this fall!

Room Tip: the room on the left side at the very end downstairs is the best...like new! Sorry I don't know...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dreyfess
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

Hi everyone... my name is Gabriela Caballero and I just want to let you all know that this place its in bankruptcy right now, so they close this Resort....
After I read bad comments I am so glad that "book it" called us and told us about it we are going to Orlando next week (July 11-16). Wasn't too much that book it did for us because we didn't bought the "insurance" but they just help me to find another condo and they gave me credit for what I paid for Sunlake and 10% off the regular price of the new condos.... oh well what else you can do when your trip is next week! I have to pay just like 130.00 more.... just like I said I am glad that they moved us to another place.... so please don't waste your time looking at this condos. If ya'll have any questions I can send you the email that book it sent to me saying that Sunlake is in bankruptcy... here is my email address if ya'll want that email.... gdallastx@yahoo.com
ya'll have a wonderful summer! :o)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank gdallastx

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Colorado, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

I would give it zero, except we did actually get our money back. Here are the problems:
1. NO receptionist - NO front desk
2. Resort address is a real estate office - that was closed when we arrived late at night.
3. After we managed to find the key, finding the resort in the dark was very frustrating. It is actually named SunLake Condomiiniums - adjacent to a swamp and shopping mall.
4. One of our condos was unlocked and after leaving and returning, we find that our key does not work!! Spent the better part of an hour tracking down someone to give us a key at MIDNIGHT!
5. Condo was trashed, dirty (so dirty our bare feet were black), missing items, stained, and broken beyond belief.
6. Dumpster located in the parking lot was overflowing with trash.
7. We got out of there the next day. THANK GOD!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family