“Dissapointing”

Days Inn Kissimmee West
Ranked #80 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Very unpleasant. Pillows were flat, rooms smelly and musty, staff uncaring, leaky faucet, my husband got sick with nausea and vomiting perhaps caused by the smelly water coming out of the taps. Room dark and moldy, no sheets on the sofa bed. This inn needs a major overhaul.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank pebbles075

Reviewed 29 March 2011

I booked this hotel through "myresortnetwork.com" and after "googling" reviews I was comfortable in coming to Florida to stay here at the Inn at Oak Plantation. When I got here it was apparent by the mildewy smell that the room has not been rented in some time. The sink leaked all weekend... and let's just say that the location was in the middle of two other hotels which seemed to cater to the less fortunate. This hotel was supposed to be affiliated with the Oak Plantation Resort... which was to allow access to their "fitness center." This "fitness center" was only a 15x10 foot room with a weight set and very disheveled.Furthermore, the sheets were clammy and uncomfortable while not conforming to the bed due to the sheets being a size too small. To add to my wonderful experience... I noticed the room was not cleaned all morning. When I inquired why I was told that there was no "request for house keeping" made during the booking. Now I ask you... the public... isn't this a general practice for all hotels to provide clean towels and sheets? It amazes me that an organization in this age of bed bugs and other parasitic/ viral concerns that it would not provide clean bedding and towels. I have to wonder if the room was ever cleaned after the last occupant left. I am extremely disappointed and would not wish for this to happen to anyone else. I now have to spend additional monies to secure another hotel in the middle of my trip to avoid any potential health concerns. My advice is to be aware f this practice because I am sure the Inn at Oak Plantation is not the only hotel that subscribes to this tactic.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank G_Biggz
Reviewed 19 March 2011

We had terrible experience with the inn at oak plantation. We called hotel to confirm amenities are available in the hotel as per http://theinnatoakplantation.com. They told us amenities are very well available when we went there nothing there..... We suffered like anything no kitchen to heat milk for children or make coffee or tea. 100% cheating..... No customer service............................. Please do not believe their website......................................

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I booked this hotel through myresortnetwork.com. It was listed as a great value at 99$ for three nights. The pictures and description of property appeared to be very decent with all the amenities. Was not expecting a luxury stay at that that price but it did look and sound very good online and the company was listed with BBB . It was filthy and stinky, bed was old and smelly, bottom line look elsewhere in Orlando, lots of specials at much cleaner nicer places.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2011

This was a catch. Did not like what I saw when i arrived compared to the advertised pictures. When I arrived, they could not find my reservation, but put me in the system and promised all would be taken care of by the time I left. Charging me for incidentals and one night. When I arrived in room, even though I reserved non smoking, did not smell non smoking but kids were ready to relax. Was not enough towels and washcloths. First hotel I have been in that did not have cups. The next morning, the continental breakfast was bagels and english muffins and juice and coffee. Nothing else. But they did have park transportation, even though it was at their sister resort, behind them, that you had to go around to. I drove there. I was told the van only hold 14 people, so you need to call and put your name on list, and I guess, if they are full, you don't get to ride. Luckily, all 4 days I was there, they were not full. The rooms were a nice size with queen/king bed and sleeper sofa, sind, refrig and micro. After all, I only paid $29/night on their site, compared to the $60 i saw for their rooms on other sites. So, I really, can't complain. When I used my computer for wireless, it was logging in to next door hotel, even though they claimed they had wireless that I was able to access at pool area or go to internet cafe at sister resort.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2011

We had a blast at the pools & hot tub, the kids couldn't get enough! Wasn't over crowed at all which is wonderful to us. The rooms were nice & clean had a problem with the remote & they fixed it right away. We made waffles every morning in the breakfast area that were wonderful. Next time we will stay at the resort because there is four of us & we need more space, but for the price it was the best money I ever spent.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2011

Our stay started by getting over charged. We went into the room and it was clean and the bed wasn't too bad. The alarm clock didn't work, the light over the bed had a missing bulb, the toilet sit was loose, and the microwave half worked. I use to clean hotels when I was younger so I know what I am talking about. Anyone of these things would be noticed when cleaning and fixed before the room was reserved. The bed was made everyday and fresh towels but nothing else was ever done. Big pieces of outside left in the room each day, vacuuming never occurred. Here is the best part. When I brought a list of items to be fixed in the room to the front desk they gave me the light bulb to replace. The continental breakfast everyday was bagels. That's it, bagels. I couldn't get into the hotel to get a cup of coffee until 7 am, with no coffee pots in the room. All in all I wouldn't stay here again. Even though we were rarely in our room it was the little things that mattered. Might as well paid another $10.00 a night and stayed somewhere else. I paid that in breakfast each morning.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple