“Half & Half”

Satisfaction Orlando Resort
Ranked #50 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I paid for 6 nights at this resort, the room appearance did not match that of what was pictured on expedia, I do not speak spanish so their was alot of miscommunication. The bed sheet that was wrapped on the mattress was not changed for the entire six days even though i left a tip for 4 days back to back with a note requesting it to be changed on the third day. There is also no bed head just a frame on the wall. The maid came in on the 5th morning speaking spanish, i told her in spanish that i was unable to understand her as i am not fluent in spanish, she continued to speak spanish. I explain to her in hand gestures what I needed. The refridgerator stink on the last night I did not complain though, just waited to leave the next morning. There were no eating facilities and only one working drying machine with four washers in the first building, that was about a 3-5 minutes walk. No breakfast buffet which I thought what have made up for the lack of everything else.This was more like a high-end motel as other travellers explained, just a renovated one. Sadly the office is closed before 8am and after 9pm Front desk was great when I arrived though! There were also new employees training while I was there which is always a positive, please teach the ones who can't speak english how to speak english though! Nice guy in the resort washing facility (new employee) and maintenance (older gentlemen).Gas station with atm and food at the front, kfc (3min walk) across the street near 192, kmart and big lots at the back. First time trying something other than HI in Orlando, overall not bad. Hopefully this "resort" will expand, it has the capability of becoming a great place! Maybe with time and experience!

Room Tip: Building C is great with wifi, but building A has washing facilites and larger rooms, aslo B is near...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Adolfo A, Manager at Satisfaction Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2016

We appreciate for taking the time to write this review. We are now making sure our housekeeping make the rooms correctly. We hope to see you in the near future. ja

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Let me clarify one thing, Satisfaction is not a resort. The motel would settle comfortably in a better than average category, but that's about it. Our room appeared clean, but when we braved the tile floors barefoot our feet would turn as black as asphalt. There was a table and chairs which appeared to be mediocre patio furniture at best and there were no drawers to store anything so you have to live out of your suitcase. The mini fridge and microwave came in handy. Also, the flatscreen was very modern and the channel selction was average. Our bathroom was lacking in towels and paper products upon arrival, however the daytime staff was very pleasant and got us what we needed. Now, the nighttime staff was strange and slighly annoying. My partner said she felt like she was in jail at night. Overall, we have decided we will probably never return to Satisfaction Orlando. There are far too many nicer options for the same price.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Ciara A
Adolfo A, Manager at Satisfaction Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

We apologize for what happened, if you give us another chance we will do everything for you to have an incredible vacation.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I arrived at the hotel about 2 and a half hours early after traveling for 6 hours only to be told I cant check in until 3pm. I told the lady that that's not going to work for me and all of a sudden she had a room ready in 10 minutes. the stay was ok for 60 bucks a night.. however the floor is tile and was filthy like it wasn't swept or mopped, there was absolutely no room to put luggage because theres a narrow closet and there are no drawers to even put anything. The nightly patrol lady was quite annoying... if you made one peep she was on your case. I stayed 2 nights and never had a housekeeper come knock on the door until it was the morning I checked out which I requested a late check out and was quickly told No in a nasty tone from the guy at the front desk.. I would have to say this is the perfect one night stay hotel. Anything longer than that book somewhere else

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry for the minor inconvenience you encountered on your stay here. We are working with our housekeeping department to make sure every room is met up to our guest standards. We hope you can give us a chance again in the near future. ja

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed for two nights. Firstly this seemed to be a motel and did not look anything like its pictures. When we arrived we were told to go away as we were too early. We came back at the allotted time and found the cleaner still in cleaning. The coffee maker did not work,the air conditioning very noisy and the door was insecure. We had to leave a chair against the door for safety. On the first night there seemed to be parties going on until the early hours, and on the second night noisy and furniture being moved at 2 am. We would not visit this satisfaction hotel? again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We apologize for the inconvenience, next time take care that all is perfect.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Room looked great when we arrived. Housekeeping did not clean my room at all during my 3 night stay. On our second morning they knocked at 9:00 AM and asked to come in, when I said to come back later that we were not ready they replied that no, they needed to clean now because they were busy. In my years of travelling not ever have a stayed somewhere where housekeeping dictated when they would be cleaning your room. Aside from the terrible service the hotel is also not close at all to the theme parks. Drive was over 20 minutes. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica R

We apologize for the inconvenience, next time we'll make it an incredible stay.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My family of four booked this hotel for our spring break vacation. From the pictures on the website and the name I was looking forward to a resort. This could not be further from a resort. To start the front desk closes. I don't know about anyone else but I have never heard of a hotel and much less a resort that has a front desk that closes. When we arrived immediately I wanted to unpack and put all our clothes away, however, there was no place to do that. The "closet" if you can really call it that, didn't have hangers and it was one thin narrow opening basically. There were no dressers or drawers where to put anything so we lived out of our suitcases for the 5 days we were there. Then I wanted to put the groceries and drinks we had in our fridge, but the fridge was disgustingly dirty. I had to use it anyway because I had things that needed to be refrigerated but I had to condense everything to one small space as everything else was dirty. We went to the pool the first day we arrived, which the water was very cold by the way, not heated at all like they said and when we came back to our room we wanted to shower and SURPRISE! The bath was dirty with what looked like literally dirt! Grossed out! Next morning when I went to pour my kids cereal, I took out two bowls and one had what looked like melted lollipop and a q-tip! I almost threw up! From that moment on we purchased plastic plates and cups and cutlery because I did not trust the cleanliness of the dishes. I called the front desk and they apologized and said they would send someone over to clean it. When we got back that night from the parks, I expected and was looking forward to an extra clean room. The room had been cleaned but the bath had the same dirt spots as it did before and the refrigerator did not look like it had been touched. The next 4 days we had to go without housekeeping because they come around to clean your room at 7am! Clearly after walking and being out late at the parks we were not ready to leave each day when they came by. We had to cut our losses and tough it out because everything else was booked. At 60 bucks a night, that is exactly what you get, a 60-bucks-a-night motel really. This place is not worth one penny more. The best part of the hotel was the gas station next door that had a great convenience store with frozen yogurt bar, different flavor slurpees and great salads and sandwiches. This may be ok for a one night stay, but not extended stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Rebecca B

We apologize for the inconvnientes in your stay, we will do everything possible so that the next time enjoy the holidays much more.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Only stayed one night after landing in Orlando late before heading further south in the morning - what a pleasant surpise. Small room but very comfortable - updated, clean, reasonable price.

If I were passing through Kissimmee again I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: I chose ground floor for my own convenience re: proximity to the car. ** One thing though, our room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We hope to see you again in the near future. ja