Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate
US$259
US$252
Clarion Suites Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$76
ClarionHotels
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$114
QualityInn
Polynesian Isles Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$153
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$119
QualityInn
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Restaurant
Westgate Towers Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$112
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$159
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$420
1,675 results
All reviewskeurig coffee makerdisney parksfire pitworld drivesmall fridgegift shoptwo queen bedsmagic kingdomvisiting disneyflat screen tvnear disneychecking inlaundry roomminute drivemaingatepoolsorlando
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Surprised at all these glowing reviews. We booked a long stay here based on reading them. The exterior is $30/night motel. The pool side is better than the parking lot side, but still not great. The inside has been renovated, but it does not warrant the price given what the place still is.

More importantly, our room had tons of bugs. On the beds, on the walls, on the floor. We asked for another room which was granted (first room AC also didn't work well), but it also had bugs, just less of them. Yes, they were mostly love bugs (as the front desk pointed out), but as a native Floridian I know that while love bugs are a fact of life certain times of year, they shouldn't be inside and on the beds!

Water pressure was lousy. Safe wouldn't open. Do not disturb card was missing (though replaced by housekeeping on the 3rd day after they noticed our hand-written "do not disturb" note).

Bed was comfortable, though my girlfriend didn't sleep well knowing there were bugs around.

I think this place maybe pleasantly surprised people that had low expectations based on the outside, but anyone reading these reviews and then arriving will be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SpencerTrappe
Annette7300, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for bringing this information to our attention; we apologize for the inconvenience. Our goal is not only to meet the expectation of our guest but to exceed it.

We would love to have the opportunity to host you again; please feel free to contact me directly to make you reservations.

We look forward to hosting you,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This place is under renovation, so don't be fooled by the outside. The rooms are new and updated, and very clean. I love what they are doing with the place- new decorations, furniture, pool area, etc. And they even have a keurig in the rooms! :D We visited the restaurant attached to it and it was also very good! The people at the restaurant are also very friendly. Another positive to this place is the fact that it is cheap and close to the parks! I wish I could give it 5 stars, but I had some issues with one of the employees there. Upon my arrival, I had asked to book an additional night, the person working at the desk said it would be no problem and I thought we had gotten another night... Until the next day when a lady called me asking me why we hadn't checked out. I explained to her we wanted an additional night, and she was very rude to me through the whole experience (I did get my extra night). THEN, as I was checking out, they did not have my receipt ready and was supposed to email it to me. Two days later, I still had not received my receipt. I called back to see what was up, and talked to the same rudy lady I had before. I never even told her my name OR my story, just that I was calling to get my receipt and she rudely interrupted me telling me she had emailed it to me twice. How could she know this when I didn't even tell her my name?? Ultimately, I checked my email AND the junk portion of that days after, to make sure. I STILL never got my receipt (I keep my receipts for tax purposes). If it weren't for this rude employee, I would have had a PERFECT stay. :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LittleOneX3
Annette7300, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience ,our goal is to meet and exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly to retain your receipt. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here recently with my husband for one night. We got in late and checked out early so we didn't see much of the hotel grounds. The rooms were nice and clean and I was told they recently remodeled the rooms and are undergoing renovations. We got a room on the first floor away from the road, so that was also nice. It was quiet, but at same time there seemed to be only three other cars on our side of the building. Around 8 In the morning, we were awoken by voices talking loudly outside the room...it was maintenance people sweeping and painting the sidewalk!! My husband opened door to see what was going on and ended up stepping in paint. They said they were told no one was going to be there, but clearly our car was 5 feet in front of them.

Also note: I booked online and no where on the page does it talk about a resort fee, but there is one (~$13), so just be aware of that. I was fortunate to have it taken off after proving I wasn't made aware of it beforehand.

The hotel is close to the Disney parks, has a restaurant on site, and a few restaurants surrounding it as well. It's right off the main road however so you should probably ask for a room facing a different way. It's clean and was worth the stay for $78 a night. The room has a safe, a big flat screen, desk and few chairs, and a refrigerator. They provided plenty of towels and pillows. Knowing that there is a resort fee however brings it to about $91/night and I would rather stay in a Disney hotel for that price with free transport and parking for the parks. But, if the price is right for you, definitely a clean comfortable room with on site amenities.

Room Tip: there are rooms facing the road fyi
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jenthehennifer
Annette7300, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the inconvenience, our goal is not only to meet your expectations, but to exceed them. We value your business, please come back to see us again.

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We had a fabulous stay this past weekend! Our room (510) was beautifully appointed. Extremely clean and comfortable. Great personal amenities. And a Keurig coffee maker to top it all off!!
Friendly and helpful staff, making the best of a lobby that is still being renovated. But don't let that turn you off ... The rooms are wonderful.
The restaurant staff went out of their way to welcome us. And breakfast was great!!
Oh AND only 10 minutes ( if that ) from Disneyworld!!!
One small suggestion: perhaps leave 2 regular and 2 decaf kcups.
And one wishful request: Consider a section for pet friendly accommodations after renovations are complete.
We will definitely stay here again!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sverige52
Annette7300, Director of Sales at Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for being our guest! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

During our 2 weeks in Florida the Maingate Resort and Spa was by far the best place we stayed in, even better then the Ramada's, Holiday Inn's and Hampton Inn's we also visited. Although the first appearance might fool you because of all the restoration work that is in progress, the room you'll get is recently renovated. It's big, clean, nicely decorated, has a brand new bathroom and the best and biggest beds we came across (we stayed in a double Queen room). The grounds are nicely kept, full of flowers and there are two swimming pools: one for little kids (which was closed during our stay) and one large pool for all others. Pool towels are available as well as sun beds. And for those who are disabled: there is even a chair lift beside the pool for you to go in and out the water!
Would we come again: a big yessss! Would we recommend the place: a big yessss!
One tip for the management: the smoke detectors in the room should be mounted against the ceiling in order to work properly and not against a wall! Perhaps an idea to keep in mind during the restoration of the other rooms.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your comments, we appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Our goal is to meet and exceed the expectations of our guest. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.