“Excellent Customer Service”

Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate
Ranked #24 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 15 July 2014

was welcomed by Lori ... looked up info, directed me to where my room was located, gave me info on places to eat, and was just interested in making sure i had everything i needed ... GREAT Customer Service ... Thank U Lori !!!

Room Tip: ask 4 Lori ... Great Customer Service ... she will take care of your needs
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James W
twiltsieGM, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

We sincerely appreciate your kind words. Lori was very happy to see your review! Safe travels and come back and see us soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,545)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I want to thank the manager Felicia Peoples and Alissa for making our stay at their hotel a great one. My family and i really appreciate the excellent customer service from all staff. The rooms were exactly as they were portrayed on the website if not better. The beds were so comfortable i could have slept in all day. The hotel was clean and i know that my family and i will be returning to this hotel very soon. Our initial room door did not lock when we checked in so the manager Felicia upgraded our room to a court side view near the pool. It was very beautiful. This hotel was near Wide World or Sports were we were attending a track meet and the distance was perfect. It was also near many restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nichole v

Thank you for your great review. We are looking forward to your return. I must agree with you we are in a great location for anyone attending events at the ESPN sports complex. Keep checking our website for new things happening as we complete our renovations. We wish you safe travels and return again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Booked the room through expedia,
$67 for the night - they made it out as a huge discount but this seems to be the going rate,

As the other reviews say - from the exterior, the place could definitely use some 'sprucing up'

The hotel interior has recently been remodeled though and looks nice. Check in was reasonably quick with no surprise fees and front desk staff were pleasant.

The beds were comfortable and clean. I didn't notice any lumpiness to them and slept well.
Everything worked and the room was clean. I didn't notice any dampness or bad smells...

-I do have the same kuerig k-cup complaint. They only left 1 cup of decaf in the room. We went to the front counter to get regular - to which they were very polite about supplying but didn't have at the counter and had us go back and wait in the room for someone to bring to us. It wasn't anything to get upset about but a little annoying and could have been avoided by just leaving a few extras in the rooms to begin with.

Also, same as with other reviews, the walls seem fairly thin and we were able to clearly hear our neighbors conversations at times.

We never had an opportunity to make use of the multiple pool facilities but they looked clean.

The location is awesome. Being right outside the Disney exit made it a 10 min drive from the Magic Kingdom parking lot to the hotel.
Also, we were exhausted after a full day in the park and ate dinner then breakfast the next morning in the Hotel Restaurant, it was very convenient and reasonably priced.

Not incredibly beautiful from the outside, but worth the money and overall an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick T
twiltsieGM, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time you share your experience at my hotel. I am so happy you were pleased with your stay. Please keep checking back on our website to see the continued changes as we complete more of our renovations each week. Wishing you safe travels.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here over Memorial Weekend as the Disney resorts were booked solid. At that time the hotel was under renovation, mainly the lobby area. It is the old style "Holiday Inn" kind of room where you can roll your car right up the door if you are on the first floor, which we were. Our room was freshly renovated with everything appearing brand new. Clean, can comfortable, it was easily worth the very economical price. I've stayed at some Hilton Gardens that were not as clean. It's not far from the parks. Plenty of restaurants, gas, etc... all nearby in this area and most are pretty nice.

No real complaints save one, and it had nothing to do with the room. We ate in their little lobby restaurant for breakfast. Again, it appeared to be essentially new. The issue was they were way understaffed for the number of people in there. It took forever, and the food was mediocre as best for the price. The servers did their best, but their was no way for them to handle the breakfast rush. We should have hit a Denny's or Perkins nearby.

Room Tip: First floor where you can pull your car up to the room is very nice. When you are ready to leave, y...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the great review. We sincerely appreciate our guests who take the time to let others know about their stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon to see the changes we are making every day as we complete our renovations. Wishing you safe travels.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great hotel close to shopping malls and all theme parks........ Very helpful and cooperative staff......clean room and comfortable bed..... A microwave would of been a nice addition to the room but all in all a wonderful stay bad after all renovations are completed I'm sure it will be a dynamic establishment

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the great review. Please keep checking our website for updates as we continue our renovations. Wishing you safe travels.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I was leary about the hotel because if the price, the pictures, and reviews didn't match. Reviews were great.....prices were unbelievable, pictures seemed fake. All of this was dead wrong. As I entered the lobby was beautiful and extremely modern with stylish decor and furnishing. The restroom in the lobby was immaculate as well. Upon check in I asked....Where's the surprise? The clerk said she was sure I'd be presently impressed. As I entered the room....I was astonished that the decor was a direct image of the pics seen online. I hurried to the restroom to see if it was clean and sanitized and again extremely impressed. This hotel gave me everything it said it would be and more. The price was more than outstanding. I stayed 4 nights and paid roughly $240. Very close to Disney and the staff were all excellent. From the housekeeping staff to the security and especially Kimberly the clerk who checked us in and Felicia who helped us in the end. I have no complaints at all. Very satisfied customer who plans on returning in less than a month. Good job Main Gate

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ron h

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay with us. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we complete our renovations. We have recently opened our game room. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon to show what else is new. Safe travels.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We booked the Maingate Resort and Spa for one night 3 weeks ago, before the start of our town home reservations, and that stay was good. I would have left a 4 star rating if I hadn't returned the following week.
I booked this hotel through booking.com for average rates, $59.00+ tax. A little over $67 total. There was no attempt to charge a resort fee. The $100 hold charge on my card checking in turned out to be a $135 charge for some reason, but I was assured since it was only a hold, the whole thing would fall off.. which it did. No complaints there.
The reviews on this hotel were really good and though there was only 18 reviews at the time, I thought I'd take the chance. I thought the hotel would be a better one for the price since there is so much competition in that area. Booking.com made it seem like this was a discounted price for this hotel, but it's seems to be the regular rack rate. Its a bit on the high side for this type of hotel, and after the problems I had, way overpriced.
Coming up to the hotel for my first stay my heart dropped when I saw that this is the old Nikki Bird hotel. The Nikki Bird was not an establishment I would have ever spent a night. The outside of the hotel is much the same as the Nikki Bird was so my fears didn't subside until I walked into the lobby. It was obviously renovated and looked very nice. The staff was wonderful and very friendly.
I was checked in quickly and we were given a room on the top floor of building 300.
Entering the room I was very impressed. It was nicely decorated and very clean. I don't need to upload any pictures because the photos that the hotel posts are accurate. It looks just like the pictures. Another really nice plus was the keurig machine. I read about that in the reviews so I brought my own kcups. We didn't use the pool but I looked at the area and it really had very pretty landscaping. It was a little loud so I was glad we had a front facing room.
We were only there one night, and it went very well.
We originally had plans to stay for 3 nights after our town home stay before we went down to Key West, but my daughter didn't want to stay the 3 nights because she was anxious to get down to the Keys so I changed the reservation for one night... I am SOOO glad I did.
Our next night at the Maingate started much like the first. Wonderful staff, quick check in.
We were give a bottom floor room in building 400 (we requested a bottom floor), but when we entered this room we were greeted by an intense musty smell! My daughter was exhausted and went to rest on the bed while I got the luggage . When I came in she was standing by the bed saying it felt wet. I went and felt the pillows and there was definitely a damp feeling and the sheets felt the same way.
I went to the front desk and the girl there was very nice and apologetic, and she asked, I guess it was the manager, Lori, which room to give me. When told the problem and which room we were in, Lori said to put us "higher or closer" building. She didn't seem too surprised about the problem.
The next building was still on the bottom floor but in the 300s like our first stay. I felt like that was a good choice since the first time the room seemed fine. But, when we entered we smelled the mustiness and again the bed linens felt damp. So back to the front desk. This time the manager Lori said she's meet us at the next room, I don't remember all the numbers anymore, just that we went through 4 more rooms after that, and they all were varying degrees of musty and damp. The lamps in the rooms were new with the renovation, only a couple of months old, and yet had rust on the fabric where the metal ribs touched it. I pointed this out to Lori and she noticed it in the other rooms too.
I said that I didn't think I could stay and I was going to go to another hotel, but we tried one more room, and this room was much better. The smell was hardly there and the beds didn't feel damp, Lori pointed out that the lamp had no rust on it either. So we did stay the night. I am glad it was only one night. If I had kept the original reservations, even though we finally found an acceptable room, I would not have wanted to stay more than one night after going through all that.
Lori gave us coupons for a free classic breakfast in the diner for the morning. It was a nice gesture. She was very nice and apologetic throughout the search for an acceptable room.
The staff was extremely nice. The rooms were decent size and looked good. The beds comfortable. And, the pool area looked very inviting. It's a shame that the rooms are musty. We vacation in Florida every year, and every year we have a first night and in between hotel.. one we use while waiting for our next reservation for a town home or condo, or when we're on to somewhere else. After our first night at the Maingate I thought we found one we could return to next year, but after the second visit I know we won't be back.
The 2 stars are strictly for the wonderful staff. No matter how it looks, damp musty rooms are not acceptable, so the hotel itself gets no stars.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Anc96

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay with us. I have delayed my response as I wanted to able to tell you we have found the solution for the problem you encountered in the room. As you know we are completing renovations, we did encounter some problems in a couple of our buildings. I am pleased to assure we have found the solution to damp musty smell in the rooms and it has been corrected. I would love to have you return to the hotel as my guest so we can show you the renovated rooms and the other improvements we have made since your last stay. I do hope we will see you again soon.