“Location, location, location”

Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate
Ranked #24 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed for two nights to visit Disney World. The location was perfect. We arrived early and were allowed to check in as soon as we arrived. Odelle gave us a great room on the inside overlooking the beautiful grounds. One room was quite and very comforatable. Very nice pools and lots of places to eat within walking distance. It is also located right next to Dinsey so getting there was very easy. There is a resturant connected to the hotel witch serves pretty good food. I had the openfaced turkey sandwich special which was $5.99. I would stay here again the value was very good.

Room Tip: Stay on inside if possible.
1  Thank Traveler2112
Twiltsie, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for your great review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back again soon, until then we wish you happy travels.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel almost ruined our vacation, it was a major nightmare for our family. We were charged twice to start (the whole week of our stay was charged twice!) and I kept getting the run around... it took several people and days to correct the over charge. Our keys never worked when we returned from a long day at Disney (had to get a new key every night) The only good things I could say is that we had a new room, it was close to the parks and the price...

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank ReeB76
Twiltsie, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Please accept my apologies for the overcharge and the key problems you had during your stay. I especially apologize that we were not able to get the charges corrected immediately. Please be assured this is not the normal experience of our guests. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to show you our usual great service on your next trip the Kissimmee. Thank you, Thomas Wiltsie, General Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Booked on Hotels.com and it included breakfast for 2 at the adjoining restaurant. The rooms are great and recently upgraded, also it was clean, has comfortable furniture and clean bathroom. Location is great with plenty of shopping and restaurants and the best part is the hotel is only 7 minutes from Walt Disney parks.

Room Tip: Chooes a king bed
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Geo4mMiami

Thank you so much for your great comments on your recent stay. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our newly upgraded rooms. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Thomas Wiltsie, General Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our family stayed in room 103 this last couple of days. When booking through Orbitz found good pricing and great reviews. I always research the property before booking and up to the date of staying. I called and set up for a poolside view on the first floor on the day of booking which was based on availability. When we got to lobby and checked in a little early, we were given a street view on the first floor. When I asked about poolside view the concierge stated that I would have to walk through the hall and around the building to get to the pool. WHAT A JOKE? We open the door to the room and it was a musky smell so we had to buy Febreeze. Than we looked down at the bottom of the door and I could basically put my hand under the door. When I contacted concierge they sent maintenance over to repair. Again, this is an already renovated room so why am I having these problems. The pool had dirt in the water and a lot of Lizard droppings around the pool. I don't know about coming back for more than one day after being there for 3 days.

Room Tip: Please make sure you get what you ask for with this Hotel.
1  Thank DEDORWT

I am very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. I do apologize we were not able to fulfill your request for a poolside room, in the future we will be able to confirm a poolside request at the time of booking. I do apologize that you had to experience some of our growing pains as we continue our renovations. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our usual great service when you next return to the Kissimmee area. Thomas Wiltsie, General Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was a last minute trip, meeting up with family. I wanted something reasonably priced, clean and safe. We arrived late and as we approached I looked at my son and said "I hope this is not a s*** hole". We walked in to the lobby and it was clean and nicely decorated. We checked in smoothly, got directions to our room. We had a little trouble finding it but we did. There is still renovations going on the property. Before walking in to the room we looked at each other and braced ourselves. To our delight the exterior did not reflect the interior. A/C was cold, room clean no musty smell, bed was firm and comfy, plenty of fluffy pillows. We requested more coffee in the morning and they brought it right away. Only complain I have is I didn't get the best lowest price, but that's on me. :). If you get this for less than $80 it's a steal. Oh did I mention 1 mile away from Disney World gate.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank BarbH71

I am so glad to hear we were a pleasant surprise on your you vacation to the Orlando area. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I do hope we will see you again at the Maingate Hotel in the near future. Until then please have safe travels.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

When we book a room for family vacations, we often look for a clean room with reasonable rate, and Maingate certainly delivered on both and then some!

Our flight arrived early in the morning so I called to see if they would hold our luggage while we went to play at Disney. Not only did they say "of course", but when we dropped off our luggage they had a room for us to check into! Felicia checked us in and was truly a gem to interact with. She even had security show us the foot path to take to our room from the lobby so we would know how to get back to the restaurant if we were to walk from our room. The security guard (I cannot remember his name) even helped us with our baggage!

Our room was in building 8 facing the parking lot. It was a very quiet area with very little activity. The room was just like in the pictures, and the beds were super comfy. However, I did feel the comforter was a bit warm, but it didn't disrupt my sleep at all. And the most important part; the room was CLEAN and COOL. We were missing a trash can and as soon as I notified the front desk, one was placed in the room. Ariel was our housekeeper and she did a fantastic job.

The hotel is the closest hotel to the WDW entrance without staying on property. It is super convenient to get to from all the Disney parks and only about a 10 minute drive.

The only thing I feel they could improve on is the cleanliness of the grounds. A morning detail to pick up cigarette butts and litter would really help the overall cleanliness of the hotel. But again, all the interior areas were very clean.

I do believe we have found our hotel when visiting Disney and Universal. All we need is a place to sleep and shower because we are always on the run, and this is the perfect spot to do so. All in all, they exceeded my expectations.

4  Thank Sarah C
twiltsieGM, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you very much for your great review. We are in a great location for anyone visiting the Disney theme parks. We appreciate the tip on the grounds. We do have quite a bit of grounds so we have assigned one person to just keep them clean. We wish you safe travels and please come back and visit often.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

was welcomed by Lori ... looked up info, directed me to where my room was located, gave me info on places to eat, and was just interested in making sure i had everything i needed ... GREAT Customer Service ... Thank U Lori !!!

Room Tip: ask 4 Lori ... Great Customer Service ... she will take care of your needs
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James W

We sincerely appreciate your kind words. Lori was very happy to see your review! Safe travels and come back and see us soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Seasons Florida Resort
#18 of 154 in Kissimmee
Terra Verde Resort
#12 of 64 in Kissimmee
Windsor Palms Resort
#8 of 64 in Kissimmee

Been to Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate? Share your experiences!