“Don't judge it by the outside”

Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate
Ranked #24 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Don't judge it by the outside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We drove up and started laughing. It looks like you might get killed here. Never judge a book by its cover though. It's wonderful inside! Everything is updated, clean, and new. Parts of the lobby is still under construction but it doesn't affect anything. It's a sea/nautical theme and is beautiful. Someone is paying close attention to detail. The room was clean and newly remodeled. The beds were comfy and did I mention clean. ;-). We are pass holders to Disney and didn't want to shell out disney prices for their hotels. This was a GREAT find. Super close to the parks, 9 min to Epcot, 11 to Hollywood studios and 15 to Magic kingdom. The only bad thing was the check in process. It took forever. The person who does it was on a break and 2 other people were "trying" to help. They finally called her back to do it. In my opinion everyone should be trained, not just one person. Overall great stay for the price and location. We will be back!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Twiltsie, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for the great comments on the rooms and your stay. This is actually a very good neighborhood and is going through a rebirth with the renovation of many of the old hotels like ours. I do apologize that you had to experience some of our growing pains as we are opening new rooms and training new employees. Please be assured we are getting better every day. I do hope you will come back soon to experience the new employees and the new amenities that we have to offer like our fitness center now opening.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The previous ratings were very accurate telling of less than stellar and possibly scary outside appearance, but wonderfully clean, brand new, and extremely comfortable "resort" feel of the rooms and lobby. How can a building be that different from the outside to the inside? I don't know, but they have made the right choice to refurbish front the inside out.

The only real downside to this stay was the confusing help and "I have no clue what is going on or how to handle people's needs" attitude of the staff (specifically the young man at the resort help desk smh). Except for one amazingly patient older woman at the front desk.

Overall great stay and very close to the parks. Just MAKE SURE to BOOK the shuttle service at the desk to and from the parks, or you will not be getting a ride.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your great comments on the hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the Concierge Desk. I am working with their manager to correct the lack of interest attitude of that one employee. I do hope we will be seeing you again soon. Until then happy travels!
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed for two nights to visit Disney World. The location was perfect. We arrived early and were allowed to check in as soon as we arrived. Odelle gave us a great room on the inside overlooking the beautiful grounds. One room was quite and very comforatable. Very nice pools and lots of places to eat within walking distance. It is also located right next to Dinsey so getting there was very easy. There is a resturant connected to the hotel witch serves pretty good food. I had the openfaced turkey sandwich special which was $5.99. I would stay here again the value was very good.

Room Tip: Stay on inside if possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Traveler2112
Thank you for your great review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back again soon, until then we wish you happy travels.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel almost ruined our vacation, it was a major nightmare for our family. We were charged twice to start (the whole week of our stay was charged twice!) and I kept getting the run around... it took several people and days to correct the over charge. Our keys never worked when we returned from a long day at Disney (had to get a new key every night) The only good things I could say is that we had a new room, it was close to the parks and the price...

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank ReeB76
Twiltsie, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Please accept my apologies for the overcharge and the key problems you had during your stay. I especially apologize that we were not able to get the charges corrected immediately. Please be assured this is not the normal experience of our guests. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to show you our usual great service on your next trip the Kissimmee. Thank you, Thomas Wiltsie, General Manager
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Booked on Hotels.com and it included breakfast for 2 at the adjoining restaurant. The rooms are great and recently upgraded, also it was clean, has comfortable furniture and clean bathroom. Location is great with plenty of shopping and restaurants and the best part is the hotel is only 7 minutes from Walt Disney parks.

Room Tip: Chooes a king bed
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Geo4mMiami
Thank you so much for your great comments on your recent stay. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our newly upgraded rooms. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Thomas Wiltsie, General Manager
Concord, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our family stayed in room 103 this last couple of days. When booking through Orbitz found good pricing and great reviews. I always research the property before booking and up to the date of staying. I called and set up for a poolside view on the first floor on the day of booking which was based on availability. When we got to lobby and checked in a little early, we were given a street view on the first floor. When I asked about poolside view the concierge stated that I would have to walk through the hall and around the building to get to the pool. WHAT A JOKE? We open the door to the room and it was a musky smell so we had to buy Febreeze. Than we looked down at the bottom of the door and I could basically put my hand under the door. When I contacted concierge they sent maintenance over to repair. Again, this is an already renovated room so why am I having these problems. The pool had dirt in the water and a lot of Lizard droppings around the pool. I don't know about coming back for more than one day after being there for 3 days.

Room Tip: Please make sure you get what you ask for with this Hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DEDORWT
I am very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. I do apologize we were not able to fulfill your request for a poolside room, in the future we will be able to confirm a poolside request at the time of booking. I do apologize that you had to experience some of our growing pains as we continue our renovations. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our usual great service when you next return to the Kissimmee area. Thomas Wiltsie, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Clewiston, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This was a last minute trip, meeting up with family. I wanted something reasonably priced, clean and safe. We arrived late and as we approached I looked at my son and said "I hope this is not a s*** hole". We walked in to the lobby and it was clean and nicely decorated. We checked in smoothly, got directions to our room. We had a little trouble finding it but we did. There is still renovations going on the property. Before walking in to the room we looked at each other and braced ourselves. To our delight the exterior did not reflect the interior. A/C was cold, room clean no musty smell, bed was firm and comfy, plenty of fluffy pillows. We requested more coffee in the morning and they brought it right away. Only complain I have is I didn't get the best lowest price, but that's on me. :). If you get this for less than $80 it's a steal. Oh did I mention 1 mile away from Disney World gate.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank BarbH71
I am so glad to hear we were a pleasant surprise on your you vacation to the Orlando area. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I do hope we will see you again at the Maingate Hotel in the near future. Until then please have safe travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
#39 of 152 in Kissimmee
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,436 reviews
Windsor Palms Resort
#7 of 58 in Kissimmee

Been to Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate? Share your experiences!