“Loved it! 1st Stay”

Ranked #16 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Madison, Wisconsin
“Loved it! 1st Stay”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Really enjoyed our stay here!! There were 6 adults, 2-3 yr olds and a 11 month old and we all had a great time. I wanted somewhere quiet, clean where we could relax and let the kids play without any worries and plenty of room- we definitely had that in the 4 BR/3 BA unit. We didn't have the lake view but most times were so busy with the kids or going to Disney, that a view was not an issue at all. Reallyy loved having a W/D...made it easy to wash our own towels and other laundry. The full kitchen was very nice and convenient-we had breakfast in our room every morning so we didn't have to tow the kids out. We got to eat at the Deli one night during our 5-day stay. We tried the first night...call the front desk at 10:15...they transferred our call, we got no answer....called the desk back and eventually found that the Deli closed at 10. Still trying to figure out why our call was sent over to a close Deli. Once we did try it- the guys were really nice taking our order and bringing it up to our room. Pool area is nice-kids loved it! Because I had read the reviews here, my mom was actually able to find the entrance sign before I did...she is always on the lookout...we had no problems getting to the resort and finding our way back each day. I loved that they gave driving directions to nearby places also- I was able to get to the Publix easily to get my daughter's bday cake and food for our room. Overall, I would definitely stay here again. :)

6 Thank Tronesia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2012

we stayed for 2 weeks in 2009 when it was quite new. excellent time. we just returned from our second visit in may 2012. just by chance we were given the same room and it felt as new as the last time we were there. we had the lake, which is highly preferable. staff were friendly and helpful . rush hour can be a bit busy in that part of town, so give yourself a few extra minutes if you are driving to disney (about 10 minutes door to door). lots of new restaurants within a mile and a super target store and publix. a little more expensive than some other resorts but worth it as the units are very large and feel more like home (we generally have 5-7 people in our party). our unit was 1900 sqr. ft. nice fitness center, theatre room (seas 50), spa, arcade and billiards room, pool side pub and deli.

Room Tip: ask for room close to clubhouse with lake view.
6 Thank kbf66
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2012

After spending 6 nights here, I would highly recommend this property. I consider myself very picky and this unit served us very well. I was able to call the property and receive recommendations on the best unit to book, so we stayed on the top floor with a lake view and fireworks show every night! It was VERY quiet which is a huge benefit for us. It was aso very clean and spacious for our family of 4 + grandparents. We had minor issues only (wasp nests on the patio, toilet not flushing) but when the front desk was called, someone came up almost immediately. Staff was very friendly. Pool area was nice. Disney parks are very easy to find and only 10 min drive which made it easy for us to return to the condo to rest during the day. I don't typically write many reviews but really enjoyed this property and will return!

Room Tip: 5th floor lake view!
5 Thank JonathanandA
Lynn
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We had a family of 9 staying here and there was plenty of room for all. Very clean and great staff.
We would stay here again.
Very easy to get to the theme parks from here with the directions given to us by the staff. Lots of our favorite restaurants within minutes along with grocery stores etc.
Our only problem was trying to find the place the first night here! Hard to see the signage in the dark!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Laurie C
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice place, near disney, Lots of restaurants near bye.
Stayed in a 3 bedroom 3 bath. Rooms are big nice and clean, but starting to show their age a little. The Kitchen was great and well equipped. The staff was excellent, we had one problem with the dryer and was quickly repaired. The rooms overlooking the lake have a better view and can see the fireworks from Disney at night! I would stay away from the rooms facing the parking lot.
The distances from Universal and Seaworld is over 30 minutes.
Shuttle for Disney only and is great. Save the parking headache and gets you back quick. If your going to Universal or Seaworld ask for a price on the shuttle, it may be worth you while as they have negotiated rates.

Room Tip: Use the toll roads as they save you a lot of time, traffic is heavy. They need a better sign on the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank gIB4Gib
Illinois
Reviewed 5 April 2012

First of all, I was talking with Cari at All Star Vacations when I booked my room. We went over everything twice I was told I would have a beautiful lake view. I informed Cari that our party of 6 included my 70+ yr old Parents. First issue we noticed upon arrival is that this resort is kind of hidden and not to many places around it however shopping and dining are within a few miles or a little more depending on what your looking for. As far as our beautiful lake view, well, that turned out to be a corner unit with one view of the pool and another view of trees. I hardly had any view of the so called lake. Next issue, the lack of towels for 6 people staying for 8 days also the bare minimum of cooking pots and pans again for 6 people. Next issue, master bathroom had mold around the entire shower area.All this was discussed at time of booking and I was assured that "you will not have any problems here at all " . Next issue, 3 of those nights we had someone above us banging, clanking and running what sounded like a vacuum cleaner in the middle of the night sometimes at 2am. I had to call security about the constant noise level above us. I must say that most of the issues with towels and pots & pans and the mold they took care of pretty quick. One of our toilets was flushing really slow and plugging from just a few squares of toilet paper, maintenance had to come a few times to correct problem.On our last day the pool was closed for some issue that we had no clue what it was. The game room is a joke, there are about 3-4 arcade game that are outdated and work intermittently. The 2 billiard tables are another joke, the Que balls have huge chunks missing from them. All Star Vacations refund us $260 for our troubles. We feel they could have refunded us more for our troubles but during the middle of the week Cari gave me an ultimatum to pack up and leave that day with a full refund or shut up and enjoy all the crap we misled you to stay here. When I'm paying a premium price and I'm told wonderful things about the property and their not up to the expectations I was led to believe, well I think anyone else would also be unhappy about that. If you do decide to stay here, make sure you go over everything or get it in writing and make sure you get the very top floor if you don't want any noise issues from above. The good about this place is that the condo was pretty clean and service was pretty good for problems. They did offer to move us into a smaller condo with one less bed for the lake view but we needed that extra bed for us. I would recommend other places before I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Look for better values and more amenities. Pick the very top floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank Colonel_Klink_10
LHKGM, Manager at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
ALL STAR Vacation Homes and Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa make every possible effort to provide each guest with a great experience. Our teams work very hard to ensure that any concern is addressed as quickly and efficiently as possible and to the guest satisfaction. It is very disappointing to us when we cannot meet the expectations of a guest, and we appreciate your comments and feedback.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I can't wait to return June 15-19, 2012. The first time my family and I stayed here was May 2009 in a four bedroom condo apartment, and we do not have the desire to stay anywhere else . The condo apartments at Lighhouse are top notch, and I have not found another place that can compare to this resort. I love the mixed drinks at the outdoor bar/pub, and I look forward to spending more time in one of the pools during this trip.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank humblebee4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Reunion Resort, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort
Caribe Royale Orlando
Caribe Royale Orlando
#85 of 338 in Orlando
Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

Been to Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!