“Perfect location, amazing room!”

Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa
Ranked #12 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Perfect location, amazing room!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed at the Lighthouse with family and had an excellent time! Upon arrival, we were very impressed with the design of the lobby, it was beautiful! Denise checked us in; she was so pleasant and gave great information about the resort and the surrounding area. We had a three bedroom condo. The size of the condo was astounding! It was very well decorated and extremely clean with all the amenities; there wasn’t a single thing we needed. Fully stocked with towels, toiletries, and extra soft blankets for the beds. There were even a few surprises that made my three year old son so happy- in the third bedroom there was a towel folded into a cute elephant and in the third bathroom there was a rubber ducky. A very nice touch! From our balcony, we could see the fireworks from Disney! It was the perfect way to end a busy day. Also, on Saturday morning, the sky was full of hot air balloons floating by; an incredible sight! We had such a great time at the Lighthouse, it was hard to leave. But, we will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank ForeverFlorida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Last year we stayed here for a high school cheer competition and were very pleased with the property. This year paid the same rate but several amenities were not available. The market wasn't open and the pool side bar also wasn't open. The guard is only on duty now at night. The movies that are offered in screening room were at least 10 years old. There are three of us in the condo and we could of used a few more towels and wash cloths but the supply was limited. Not sure we will stay here again. Don't think it is worth the money .

Stayed February 2014
7 Thank Elena C
Ted Y, General Manager at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for your review of our resort. I’m sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay and I regret that we did not have an opportunity to address those items while you were staying with us, as I’m confident we could have provided service that would have left you feeling more pleased. I have asked our housekeeping supervisor to review the initial stock of towels left in each unit to ensure that our guests have enough. In those cases when you require additional towels or other amenities after check in, please know that we are always happy to deliver extra. Simply contact us at the front desk and we will deliver them, 24 hours a day.

While our movie selection does include a number of classic Disney films, we also feature a number of recently released films as well and we are always happy to adjust our showings based on guest requests. I have met with our front desk staff to ensure we do a better job of informing our guests of this flexibility at check in.

I do apologize that the bar was closed during your stay. We are in the process of re-opening following our management change and it will be open again in a few weeks. Although we do not have a restaurant on-site, we do feature a small market in our lobby which is open 24 hours a day. It offers assorted snacks and sundry items and beverages can be purchased in our game and billiards room. Once again, I’m sorry that our service fell short of your expectations this time. I certainly hope you will visit us again in the future and that you will be able to full enjoy these and our other amenities then.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I'm so glad to have picked Lighthouse for my son's 1st birthday party. Everything was great. The staff is very helpful and sweet. Supervisor Denise was very nice, and the place is so clean and organized! Wonderful place!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Valeriej92
Ted Y, General Manager at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Thank you for your review of our resort. We are so glad you chose to spend your son's 1st birthday here and we are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful time! I hope you made many wonderful memories and that we can be a part of more memory-making in the future!
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of marrying my best friend at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa. From start to finish, the service we received was amazing. Not only was this a beautiful location which provided me with my dream of getting married outside, but Ted Yeatts the manager went above and beyond to accommodate my various requests and questions. He was very kind and easy to work with and showed my son and I around when we were in Orlando a few weeks prior to the wedding. In addition, he worked with me on reserving a block of rooms for my family and friends. The condominiums were spotless and beautiful and provided ample space for our family of 6. From the moment I arrived at the hotel, the staff made me feel special and showed their excitement about me being the bride-to-be. The assistant manager Denise let us get into the room to set up for our reception, and various staff members came in to check on us and inquire about exactly how we wanted the chairs set up outside for the ceremony. There was a water main break the morning of the wedding, and I was a worried bride. However, immediate attention was given to the issue, and we were able to stay in our reception room later because of this occurring. Everyone at the Lighthouse epitomized quality customer service, and I could not have been happier with my wedding and my stay. I truly had a magical weekend thanks to the efforts of all of the staff at Lighthouse Key Resort.

Room Tip: The three bedroom condo we had provided a great view of the fireworks at Magic Kingdom from the balc...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank mewood1974
Thank you so much for your review of our resort and for choosing our property for your wedding! On behalf of all the staff, it was very memorable for us to be a part of your special day as well. We wish you all the best and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Allen
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My family and I recently stayed at the Lighthouse Key Resort in Kissimmee, Florida. We were in the Orlando area to visit Disney World. The condo was designed beautifully and very clean. I had received so much advice that we should stay on site at Disney. I don't regret my decision to stay off grounds. Because our resort is located about 10 min from Disney which was perfect.

I wish they had more locations throughout the US because I trust their judgement on what a tourist and families are looking for in hotel or condo accommodations.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Twinmommatraveler
Reviewed 11 January 2014

After leaving a disgusting hotel called roomba inn and suites we found this place! Although it was a bit expensive because of the holidays it was a great place to stay! Like having your own apartment away from home!! It was clean and spacious with laundry facility in the condo! The swimming pool and hot tub was also clean and huge! I would defiantly recommend this place for a family get away! We stayed in the 2 bedroom one and it was great!! :)

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Chantelllr
Ontario
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Good for big families. stayed there for 2 weeks in December. 4 bed 3 bathroom. General maintenance of common areas was average as expected. Condo was decent other than the warn out carpet which is ready replacement. Arcade room and billiards room is average. Again good enough ,but not great. No restaurants on site ,but a lot of choices around the area. Location is right next to Orange Lake Resort which is busy all the time. Traffic is horrendous on 192. The proximity to Disney was I thought an attraction, but this location is in a strip of Orlando filled with cheap gift shops, flea market across the street, definitely not an upscale area, but again ok if this is not important. For the price paid , we felt a bit disappointed. New Management hopefully will get things in shape. Spa, Pool side pub/deli was closed

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Pavan M
Ted Y, General Manager at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for your review of our Resort! I'm glad you mentioned one of the important features of our Resort: we offer large two, three and four bedroom condos. As a condo resort, we offer a mid-stay cleaning for stays longer than four nights and a departure cleaning included in the price of your stay.

I do apologize that the spa and poolside bar were closed during your stay. However, I am happy to say that they will reopen in just a few weeks as we complete the management transition. I hope you will come back to experience them in the future and the other exciting updates we have planned for Lighthouse Key Resort & Spa.

Thank you again for your review!