“Very nice”

Ranked #12 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
New York
“Very nice”
Reviewed 28 October 2008

We stayed here in May while visiting Disney. The condos were very nice and clean. We had 7 people so we stayed in the 4 bedroom condo. It was plenty big enough. The kitchen was very nice with all major appliances. The pool area was nice, but not the best. They provide pool towels so you do not have to bring your own. There were not a lot of resturants right near by. It was about 15 minutes away from Disney. We had to ask for extra towels on most days, but they always gave them to us. There is no full maid service other then towel switching and garbage. There was a vacuum in the room. Overall, it was a very nice stay and I would highly recommend it.

• Liked — rooms
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
texas
Reviewed 21 October 2008

this is our second stay this year. New mgmt disappointing,get go staff told us economy problems caused shortage in staff,so no daily room cleaning or clean towels. Told we had to wash our own. We would not book here again, as mgmt is rude and sloppy to guests. You almost have to beg for towels or to have a bathroom cleaned before mid stay clean. Dirty towels are not sanitary, and we are very disappointed. We thought the deli owner rude, and unsure of the current management also.

• Liked — price and service until management change
  • Disliked — lack of guest service and care
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank TexasToilet
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed 21 October 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for only one night, the last night of our Honeymoon (the hotel that we had been staying at was unavailable this night). Upon check-in we were very impressed with the property and our room was gorgeous. We had a two bedroom with a full kitchen. The decorating was perfect and very high class, not to mention the beautiful view of the pool that we had from our room. We thought that we had lucked in on a very great hotel! Until the next morning when we woke up, and discovered that there were ants crawling all over our things. It appeared as though they were coming through the sliding doors that granted access to the balcony. We were glad that we were leaving that very morning after this discovery. Upon check-out, we asked the lady at the front desk (Cheryl) if she realized that there was an ant problem at their hotel. She said, "oh yes we know, sorry about that, ants are problematic this time of year, but was the rest of your stay alright?". I couldn't believe how carefree she was about the whole thing. It was almost as if I was telling her that there weren't enough towels. Unbelievable. I think that Lighthouse Key could have a great hotel if they had better customer service and better pest control.

• Liked — The decor...
  • Disliked — The Ants!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 October 2008

We just completed our week long stay. This is our second time staying at the resort. In all our trip was great, however there are a few things to note.

Please note that when you check-in you do at the sister property about 8 miles away. This can be a pain if you need anything from the front desk.....information, final bill, keys, etc.

When we reached our room, we were shocked to find furniture out of place and trash throughout the unit. This included chinese food, breakfast sausage, eggs, beer cans, etc. I placed a phone call to the sister property to complain. Somebody arrived at our unit 30 minutes later to inspect. At that point I had already cleaned the unit. He offered an apology and offered to change us to another unit that was clean...but I refused since we had already unpacked. This place is nice, however it is going down quickly due to improper cleaning. My husband and I found so much human hair all over our unit. It was gross. It was on the floors, inside dresser drawers, inside the shower, etc. They are not cleaning these places throughly. Boogers on the picture in the bathroom....yuck, yuck, yuck. The towels were very grungy and need to be replaced. The pillows on the sofa were heavily soiled and need to be washed or replaced. There was a major insect problem....ants everywhere and even spiders. We woke up each morning with bites all over our bodies. Each bathroom is only provided with one roll of toilet paper...so if you have a large party...bring more. No dish soap, dishwasher soap, trash bags, laundry powder, sponge is provided. Light bulbs were burned out as well. We did not get any daily cleaning, however the few times that I bumped into management they did ask if we needed anything. There are no vending machines on site and the Deli was always closed due to "a slow day". There is a front gate with security, however every time we passed through we guards were on break.

Big changes need to be made if this place wants to stay alive. First, they can start with a deep cleaning.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed 4 October 2008

We have stayed at Lighthouse key resort just couple months ago. The main reason we have chosen this resort is the location and price of course. We have made reservation directly with the resort reservations with Tabatha if i remember correctly..btw very nice and helpful young lady.
We enjoyed our stay very much even thou we had few issues. The property itself is very nice and upscale except not too many ammenities which we didnt care for much because main reason for us coming to FL was to visit Disney etc.
However we had a horrible experience with the staff. We had couple of issues with ants in our unit. When we called FD very nice lady said that they would be sending someone the next day which was fine if that would really happen. Next day since nothing was done I directly asked to speak to a manager. Hm and thats where it all started. Got to speak to Kara I beleive her name was. I still can beleive how unprofessional and rude she was to my family.
Well the last thing I can expect a beautiful property but low class customer service.
As you can see on the pic.. thats probably the only thing you get from FD manager.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lighthouse1fan, Guest Services Manager at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 8 October 2008
Lighthous Key would like to apologize for the situation you experienced while staying with us.We make every attempt to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction and the cleanliness of our property as well as pest control.We would like to know a little more about the service you encountered with our staff and we would like the oppertunity to make your next experience a positive one.Please feel free to contact the resort so we may discuss your stay.
wales
Reviewed 24 September 2008

We were very impressed when we checked in at Lighthouse Key - however the receptionist did try to charge us an $11 per day resort fee each which was already included in our package - she said she would look into it and fairplay she did.
Our 4 bedroom condo was lovely - however the safe had been locked shut and had to call out the engineer who quickly fixed the problem -
Our tumble dryer was broken as the start knob was snapped off - yet again the engineer had to come out - he explained that the apartment should have been checked before we had checked in.
Each apartment has whirlpool baths (2 in ours) at 3 in the morning the apartment next door decided to use theirs and woke all of us up with the noise of the bath - at half past 3 the noise was unbearable and we phoned reception only to be told that the noise would soon stop the bath must have been cleaning itself - what for 2 hours in total what a load of rubbish - this happened on 2 occasions and stopped when the people next door checked out - there should be a notice in the bathroom that says with courtesy to other guest whirlpool baths should not be used after midnight - ridiculous.
We too had an infestestion of ants - all over my sons beds which we dealt with ourselves - in hindsight should have called someone to sort this out too -
We would stay there again as the staff were lovely and so was the apartment and it is ideally located for everything, the furnishings are very very nice - apartment spacious - great base.

• Liked — apartment size
  • Disliked — ants
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 16 September 2008

I'm a hard working widow and I decided I needed a vacation... I did a tour in this property and I thought it was a beautiful and amazing place for me to escape every now and then with my kids. It has been hard since my husband passed... and every year I make sure I take my kids on a vacation. I was going to purchase the time share but then I recieved the most untasteful response to a question by the counter's supervisor to my sorprise she said she was the only one in charge and that was it! I needed a late check out and she to what she responded absolutely not! with a straight face and most untastefull way. I believe her name was Amina and just like that I thought to my self I would never purchase a time share here and have to deal with this person every year in my vacation. Great property but lack of representation.;

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family