“Fabulous apartments. Space, space, space!”

Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
Ranked #17 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Cleveland, UK
“Fabulous apartments. Space, space, space!”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We spent 2 weeks at Caribe Cove and loved every second. We had a 3 bedroom apartment on the top floor of block 5 which was very peaceful, though I must admit the bullfrogs do make a noise at this time of year - it just didn't bother us. The apartment was HUGE, 2 big bathrooms with separate showers, walk in wardrobes, utility room, fridge with ice dispenser - if only there had been a decent iron it would have been heaven! Staff were lovely, friendly and helpful. Pool is a bit small for the size of the resort, but never seemed to get crowded and infact was usually quiet. The infinity aspect is nice and the hot tub very welcome. The only reason I haven't given 5 stars is that there is no tiki bar or entertainment at the clubhouse, which I think a resort this size could use. Otherwise it is fantastic and I think we'll be back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank CJANDRU

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My family and i had a wonderful time, ben here 3 times and find it a lovely place to stay. Would highly reccommend to a friend-easy on the budget and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank roderick b
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We went for a week with our children in order to go to the disney parks. It is very well located, 15 minutes from all the parks. Close to the hotel there is a target, a wal mart and a lot of stores. We buyed sushi at a japanese restaurant near the villa, or food at a publix that was a block away. VERY CONVENIENT.

The rooms are very big, nicely decorated, 2 HUGE bathrooms, great kitchen, great washing and drying machine. It was more a house than a Villa. I loved it.
At the main lobby there is a cd rental machine (for free) and it was great to pick movies every night (great idea). The kids loved it.

The pool is clean and beautiful. Overall, a great experience. The only thing I would have liked is to have a cleaning room service every day.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank MMURTAGH
Holbrook, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed here for a Disney vacation.The units are ok but I feel that the hotel should provide toilet paper,paper towels,and garbage bags.Warning they don't and don't use their gift shop either as it's way too expensive.They make you pay a $65 cleaning fee plus $5.95 per day usage charge and they don't even empty the garbage for you.The pool closes way to early just as it gets dark.Sometimes after dinner we wanted to use the pool but couldn't because we got chased out.It maybe wise to look for another place to stay that is more guest friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank DWE69
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I had published a review before, but felt the need to delete it and revise it.

Caribe Cove is a beautiful resort to stay in, with beautiful buildings, and I felt safe parking my car there.

I'm sure the majority of the resort is quiet and peaceful at night.

However, I was in building number 4 (I'm fairly certain that was the building number, anyway), which faces a large pond in the back. The pond has a sign outside facing the building, which cautioned guests about the presence of alligators. At first I was excited about such a lovely view, however this pond also had a large amount of frogs. The frogs made their happy way up to the building, , I suppose to avoid the overflow of water when it rained, and while they could not make it onto the screened-in porch, they clung onto the rafters, the outside of the screen, the frame--everywhere, and made loud noises (I assume they were mating calls) all evening and night. The walls were so thin, it sounded like they were in the room with you. My mother had to put earplugs in just to sleep at night. I had to buy Benadryl and put a pillow over my head to sleep. It would get so loud, when I'd be talking to someone on the phone while indoors, they would ask "what's that noise?" It was like this every single night I stayed there--I was there for five nights.

The hotel has already replied once that no one has complained of frogs--this is likely because people assume the hotel is well aware of the presence of the frogs, and they know there's little that can be done, short of killing them, which would be inhumane. I didn't want them dead--I just didn't appreciate being given a room that didn't allow me a restful night's sleep. Before anyone responds with anything contradictory, I would ask them to stay in a room on the first floor of building number 4 for a night, with a porch overlooking the pond, especially a night during which it rains (it rained almost every night of my stay).

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that there is a housekeeping fee and a deposit which are expected upon your check in--they're not included in your initial fee. These may all be for very good reasons, but they were not mentioned during my booking with Travelocity and these caught me off guard and lowered the amount of spending money I had available during my Disney World vacation which I'd scrimped and saved for for months.

There is no housekeeping during your entire stay, just FYI.

I did not personally find the beds very soft, or comfortable. I could feel the springs.

The staff was courteous and polite, and took outbound mail for me, and even provided me an envelope for it free of charge.

I would consider staying here again, as it did have some decent amenities at a reasonable price, but I would be very sure to request a building away from the pond, and suggest anyone else do the same.

Room Tip: Avoid building 4
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Tamara M
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The condo is large with a good design but updates are needed. The veneer was coming off the counter in the kitchen and the bathroom. The items that were supposed to be provided according to the welcome packet were not what was in the room. We called to get the other items and were told the packet was out of date. The beds were hard. The pool was fine and the front staff desk was nice. The worst part for us was the sound of frogs (or some other creatures) "singing" loudly all night. There isn't much the hotel can do about this but be aware that it was distracting. We got a great rate though so we got the price of a hotel room we got a three bedroom condo. All in all, worth it for the price.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank jdmded
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2011

This villas are beautiful, clean, quiet and spacious. Unfortunately, the owners of these villas really went extremely low budget on the beds. We had a 3 bedroom villa and ALL the beds were horrible, felt like sleeping on the lowest grade sofa bed you could imagine. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone with back problems. Ten days and even my kids were hurting. I complained to the front desk a few times and was advised that they were aware of the problem and they were trying to convince the owners to change the beds. I was told It's their number 1 complaint.

The tv's are old and small and there is no wi-fi in the villas although a cable is provided for hook-up.

Although the place was nice I would not go back due to the beds.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank DianeD19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
#24 of 152 in Kissimmee
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Caribe Cove Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!