My mom friend and I thought we'd take our children for a two night getaway. My friend has 2 girls ages 10 and 14 and I have a 7 year old boy and 4 year old girl.
When we arrived at Caribe Cove condos, we were pleasantly surprised at the beautiful clubhouse. There was a business center with computers, an air conditioned sitting area, a small store with milk and juice, and a dvd rental kiosk. The lady at the desk gave me a card to rent one dvd at a time for free and it is available 24 hours a day. Not all selections were available, but there was a nice selection. Outside the clubhouse was a big clean pool with loungers, and tables with umbrellas, a great big Jacuzzi, a steam room and a sauna. The pool bathrooms and locker rooms were big and well kept.
We went to our 3 bedroom/2 bathroom condo and were so pleased. The place was spotless and so clean! We were in Bldg. 3, room 403 which is on the fourth floor, but they had an elevator. There was a nice entry way with table, a big laundry room with a full size washer and dryer. The load selector on the washer was broken, but I was able to do a load. Bring your own laundry soap and dryer sheets, they had a laundry basket.
The kitchen was nice with a full size refrigerator, oven/stove, and dishwasher. Bring your own dishwasher soap and dish soap. They supply enough for only one load. They have plenty of dishes and pots and pans could be expanded to more than only one frying pan. :) If you plan on cooking, bring your own SALT and PEPPER! It is available for purchase at the little gift shop for $3.68, which is a total ripoff. They have salt and pepper shakers, but strangely no salt and pepper. hummm.... The kitchen looks over into the big dining table and living room. It's nicely decorated in Caribbean style. Their is a big screened in balcony with a nice round table and chairs.
The first bedroom has 2 twin beds and is connected to a huge bathroom. The bathroom has a garden tub, toilet, shower stall and one sink and plenty of room to hold a pack-n-play for baby. The second bedroom is a queen with access to the bathroom. There's dressers and closets for plenty of clothes and suitcase storage. The master bedroom on the other side of the living room has a king bed, dresser, Queen Anne chair, sliding doors to the screened balcony, a small tv, 2 big walk-in closets and a giant bathroom. The closet had a pack-n-play playpen and a highchair in case you are bringing baby along. :) The huge master bath had a separate room with a door for the toilet, a shower stall with a place to sit, a jetted garden tub, 2 sinks at either end of an "L" shaped counter. Each bathroom has two rolls of toilet paper, so I'd bring some if your staying longer than a couple of days. There are plenty of towels and even six large pool towels provided. The pool is open until 10 p.m. and we had it all to ourselves on Thursday night. There are TV's in each room, but they are not big. I guess they assume most people will be out enjoying the sites.
I slept with my two kids in the King bed and they slept great. I had a time trying to fall asleep because the bed was hard. The bed had comfortable, clean white sheets and plenty of pillows and a soft velour blanket along with the bedspread. I personally didn't like the bed, but I'm pretty particular. No one else complained about the beds.
We picked up our take out orders from Dominos Pizza for the kids and Bahama Breeze for us moms. There are so many places to order food or go out to eat, so no problems there. I made homemade pancakes the first morning, but forgot the vegetable oil. There are no condiments, except for coffee pre-packed for the coffee maker. The coffee machine is 10 or 12 cups, so I brought my own filters, coffee and cream. The coffee maker has a timer, so you can rig it for the next morning to wake up to the smell of your coffee.
All in all, this was a fantastic place to stay and very, very large. The couch in the living room even pulled out to a queen size bed. I just wish I had brought my salt, pepper and oil. And, bring extra trash bags too. And, there is a cleaning fee and resort tax of $100 or so, but there always is with condos. I would love to stay at Caribe Cove for much, much longer and will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amongst beautifully landscaped grounds, just off 192, Caribe Cove Resort offers 2 and 3 bedroom condos in elevator buildings. With private screened patios, enjoy dinner outside enjoying the Florida sunshine or kick back in your living room and catch a complimentary movie from the DVD service in the lobby. Around the resort, relax by the infinity pool or take a soak in the hot tub. If being active is more your speed, enjoy our 24-hour fitness center or a game of basketball or billiards. Our front desk is staffed 24-hours for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Caribe Cove Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Cove Resort Orlando Hotel Kissimmee
- Caribe Cove Hotel Orlando
- Caribe Cove Kissimmee
- Caribe Cove Resort Orlando Kissimmee, Florida