“Nice facility, can use an update”

Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
Ranked #17 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have stayed here a few times, and the resort is clean, condo has a nice layout, its great that there is wireless internet throughout the resort now, however they can certainly update the place. The furniture is old, the beds are getting uncomfortable, and the facility is certainly showing its age. With some of the newer resorts around, and for value of the other resorts, I would certainly be more apt to staying somewhere else. They have a nice pool, very small work out room, and the staff are polite, however a bit dated, time for some renos! It is also a bit further from the attractions then a few other places we have stayed.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 October 2013

A few glitches upon check in, but great stay. We rented a three bedroom villa, which had tons of room. Great, roomy bathrooms. The mattress was the most comfortable I've ever slept on, in fact I've been trying to find the same model for my house! The pool was awesome and refreshing. the only drawback would be the living room furniture, which was not comfortable at all. But really, you're in Orlando, there are other things you should be doing rather than sitting in front of the TV.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nimicholas
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at Caribe Cove for 4 days. While the place was clean, it honestly didn't look appealing. We stayed in building 3, #107. The carpet is dull, brown, looks dirty and has a huge bleach spot near the entrance. Not appealing, but hey the price was reasonable and we were here after all to have fun at the Disney parks and not be holed up in our rooms. Also all the mattresses are dull. In the master room, you can literally feel the springs on the mattress, but again, it's all about the parks. Having a kitchen was great and saved money on breakfast. Although, there is nothing other than utensils, plates, pans, glasses, and paper towels. Spices, detergent, and everything else is on the renter, which is the same as other condos. One thing I didn't realize is that there is no housekeeping, there are extra towels and sheets if one decides to change the bed. A washer and dryer are provided in each unit, again no detergent or other amenities.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Me my wife and my 2 children have not long came back from florida. And we had an amazing time really loved it very kid safe. The rooms are very spacey loads of room. Great AC unit :-) much needed as it was very hot when we was there. The apartment has just what you want and more. We would defiantly recommend and go again. Not far from Disney either which is a plus plus.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Delly F
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My mom friend and I thought we'd take our children for a two night getaway. My friend has 2 girls ages 10 and 14 and I have a 7 year old boy and 4 year old girl.

When we arrived at Caribe Cove condos, we were pleasantly surprised at the beautiful clubhouse. There was a business center with computers, an air conditioned sitting area, a small store with milk and juice, and a dvd rental kiosk. The lady at the desk gave me a card to rent one dvd at a time for free and it is available 24 hours a day. Not all selections were available, but there was a nice selection. Outside the clubhouse was a big clean pool with loungers, and tables with umbrellas, a great big Jacuzzi, a steam room and a sauna. The pool bathrooms and locker rooms were big and well kept.

We went to our 3 bedroom/2 bathroom condo and were so pleased. The place was spotless and so clean! We were in Bldg. 3, room 403 which is on the fourth floor, but they had an elevator. There was a nice entry way with table, a big laundry room with a full size washer and dryer. The load selector on the washer was broken, but I was able to do a load. Bring your own laundry soap and dryer sheets, they had a laundry basket.

The kitchen was nice with a full size refrigerator, oven/stove, and dishwasher. Bring your own dishwasher soap and dish soap. They supply enough for only one load. They have plenty of dishes and pots and pans could be expanded to more than only one frying pan. :) If you plan on cooking, bring your own SALT and PEPPER! It is available for purchase at the little gift shop for $3.68, which is a total ripoff. They have salt and pepper shakers, but strangely no salt and pepper. hummm.... The kitchen looks over into the big dining table and living room. It's nicely decorated in Caribbean style. Their is a big screened in balcony with a nice round table and chairs.

The first bedroom has 2 twin beds and is connected to a huge bathroom. The bathroom has a garden tub, toilet, shower stall and one sink and plenty of room to hold a pack-n-play for baby. The second bedroom is a queen with access to the bathroom. There's dressers and closets for plenty of clothes and suitcase storage. The master bedroom on the other side of the living room has a king bed, dresser, Queen Anne chair, sliding doors to the screened balcony, a small tv, 2 big walk-in closets and a giant bathroom. The closet had a pack-n-play playpen and a highchair in case you are bringing baby along. :) The huge master bath had a separate room with a door for the toilet, a shower stall with a place to sit, a jetted garden tub, 2 sinks at either end of an "L" shaped counter. Each bathroom has two rolls of toilet paper, so I'd bring some if your staying longer than a couple of days. There are plenty of towels and even six large pool towels provided. The pool is open until 10 p.m. and we had it all to ourselves on Thursday night. There are TV's in each room, but they are not big. I guess they assume most people will be out enjoying the sites.

I slept with my two kids in the King bed and they slept great. I had a time trying to fall asleep because the bed was hard. The bed had comfortable, clean white sheets and plenty of pillows and a soft velour blanket along with the bedspread. I personally didn't like the bed, but I'm pretty particular. No one else complained about the beds.

We picked up our take out orders from Dominos Pizza for the kids and Bahama Breeze for us moms. There are so many places to order food or go out to eat, so no problems there. I made homemade pancakes the first morning, but forgot the vegetable oil. There are no condiments, except for coffee pre-packed for the coffee maker. The coffee machine is 10 or 12 cups, so I brought my own filters, coffee and cream. The coffee maker has a timer, so you can rig it for the next morning to wake up to the smell of your coffee.

All in all, this was a fantastic place to stay and very, very large. The couch in the living room even pulled out to a queen size bed. I just wish I had brought my salt, pepper and oil. And, bring extra trash bags too. And, there is a cleaning fee and resort tax of $100 or so, but there always is with condos. I would love to stay at Caribe Cove for much, much longer and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gershkies
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Another great stay at Caribe cove, Stayed for 12 days and had a blast. Just so you know this is not a hotel so don't expect daily maid service or endless supplies of toilet paper or clean towels. They set you up to start with but you are on your own for the rest of your stay. If you want clean towels clean towels after you use the ones that are there, then fire up the washer. You are charged a cleaning for for after you leave so be prepared for that, some sites may not show that. Our 1200sqft villa was very clean and roomy. It had brand new LED TV's in the Bedrooms and living room. looks like we were the first people to walk on the brand new carpet. There is no restaurant on site but plenty of places to eat on the main drag. Perfect home base for hitting the parks. 10min to all the Disney parks about 15-20 for Universal or Sea World.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sbenson11
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed here recently for our first time in Orlando. We stayed 6 nights 7 days in a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo (Building 1 unit 108). This was our first experience in this resort and found it to be in a perfect location and the price was very reasonable. The full kitchen was put to use daily and the only complaint was that our ice machine had a malfunction but maintenance came within the hour to correct this. The living space was very spacious and the rooms were clean. My only complaint was that the mattresses were not very comfortable. The pool was nice and the fitness area was also very convenient. The location is not very far from Disney and Walmart/grocery stores. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Marceline V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#26 of 154 in Kissimmee
Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals

Been to Caribe Cove Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!