STAY: FEB. 20-25, 2014
INFO and TIPS
• Realize that yes, you pay an $80 cleaning fee no matter if you stay a week or a day. It's clearly stated, along with the $5.95 a day resort fee.
• Ask for newer beds. If the desk agent is able to fill your request, tip accordingly. Not all rooms have them. Understand that the newer mattress sets are rather firm and not the pillow top variety. They are fine, but you won't be writing home about the beds. In the 2 bedroom units, the master has a king, the second bedroom 2 twins.
• Bronson Memorial Highway, the road you travel before turning off onto Westside to get to the condos, has a lot of construction going on and probably will for a while.
• There is a Publix grocery/pharmacy about 2 miles turning left onto BMH from Westside, a Walgreens about 2 miles after turning right and a reasonably priced ice cream place with big portions, Twistee Treat, about 1 mile from CCRO.
• DON'T put any garbage bags by the large black cans if they are full. Raccoons will tear the bags open and create a huge mess.
• Florida, and the south in general, is home to some very large, unpleasant looking but mainly benign bugs: the Florida woods cockroach, or Palmetto bug. You are in Florida, by the woods, so, keep your (screened) patio light on at night if you don't want any unpleasant surprises when you go out there. (and yes, they can fly if they feel like it)
• The rooms have toilet paper, one roll of paper towels, and a small pack of dishwasher detergent. No laundry soap or dryer sheets are provided.
• Start looking for a good rate early in your trip planning. You might find a great rate if you Book It early because certain sites run some great specials.
• The Caribe claims the pool is heated, and I guess it might be, because it certainly wasn't as cold as a few of the other pools we stayed at during the trip, but don't expect it to be steaming like a spa, it's just, not cold.
From an objective standpoint, we thought the place was great for our family of four. Plenty of space, TVs in each bedroom, nice high ceilings, lots of counter space and modern appliances, nice dishes and cooking utensils.
Our refrigerator had ice and water in the door, but it wasn't working, and the DVD player sounded like it was a garbage disposal when we tried to play one of the free to borrow DVDs from the clubhouse, but, we honestly didn't care. You can't expect perfection in a timeshare. Or, you can, and you can be disappointed. The coffee dispenser in the clubhouse had a sign on it that the decaf wasn't working the whole time we were there. If these sort of things make you want to ball up your fist and curse to the heavens, well, you know who you are, go spend 5 times as much at Disney property......
If you want a reasonably priced two bedroom unit (they have three bedroom units as well) so you don't have to share a small room with the kids, or friends, or relatives, and you don't mind driving about 15 minutes to Disney or 25 to Universal, I think you would find it a hard place to beat. The setting, backed by a huge area of forest, is far enough off any main roads to be quiet and relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amongst beautifully landscaped grounds, just off 192, Caribe Cove Resort offers 2 and 3 bedroom condos in elevator buildings. With private screened patios, enjoy dinner outside enjoying the Florida sunshine or kick back in your living room and catch a complimentary movie from the DVD service in the lobby. Around the resort, relax by the infinity pool or take a soak in the hot tub. If being active is more your speed, enjoy our 24-hour fitness center or a game of basketball or billiards. Our front desk is staffed 24-hours for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Caribe Cove Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Cove Resort Orlando Hotel Kissimmee
- Caribe Cove Hotel Orlando
- Caribe Cove Kissimmee
- Caribe Cove Resort Orlando Kissimmee, Florida