“We will be back again”

Ranked #16 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
pflugerville
“We will be back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

This place is so pretty and clean. We had the 3 bedroom in building 3. There was an elevator, we needed that for my mother in law. The place was huge and so clean. The beds were perfect. I swear it was so clean it looked brand new. We were so happy. Check took about 5 minutes. I don't understand why people complain about this place. We also bought our amusement tickets in the front office. That saved us a lot of time. The front desk also provided us extra goods that we ran out of. They also have a sponge to wash dishes all you have to is ask. Security is good and location is great. I suggest you don't listen to the bad reviews. There is really nothing to complain about. We will be back for our next Disney trip for sure.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank jasmeen f

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Petal, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I will first say that the location, grounds, friendliness of staff, and size of rooms were great. On the flip side, the carpet was stained and had a musty smell. BUT....the beds were the worst part! We were told our room had new mattresses. I specifically asked because of other reviews on this property. The beds are sooo cheap. They are about 6 inches thick and full of springs! They made long walks at the parks all day tough to come back to. The staff was nice enough to bring us 1 inch foam toppers when I asked but it only helped a little. I would not stay at this location again due to the sleepless nights.

• Stayed March 2014
6 Thank ShaneNLori
Keith O, General Manager at Caribe Cove Resort Orlando, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
I have reached out to this guest and want to figure out what unit they stayed so we can evaluate the mattresses in that unit.
Luling, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best place my family and I have ever stayed at!! I would recommend this to everyone :)))) Beautiful spacious and clean!!!!! The staff is wonderful and my entire experience was fantastic!!!!!! I will be back every time

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank BrilliantBrunette29
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Not sure why someone would say "near the airport" because it is about 1/2 hour ride away, but it is a nice resort. The rooms are big and the place is very quiet. The pool was good, although the gate was hard to open so people tended to leave it open....very dangerous with small children and no lifeguard. My only complaint was that I had to sign about 4 contracts about the cleaning fee...no problem, but when I got to the room, there was kitchen garbage under the sink...stinky old milky cereal. Not sure if it had been there one day or two weeks. The next morning I complained to the front desk and they said they would tell housekeeping. Nothing was ever done. There was also a large children's sticker stuck to the rug which tells me no one vacuumed either.

Well, I guess there is one other complaint - the beds...they are crunchy and noisy like sleeping on rice krispies. I could hear my kids turn over in their beds in the other room. It is nicely located although you must have a car to shop and eat, since there is no restaurant. I would return but I would make sure my room is cleaned, that the beds were new, and that the pool gate was closed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carl L
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We booked this as a package deal out of Canada. The units are nice and large with everything needed for a weeks stay. We were on the 5th floor, on the back of bldg # 2, nice and quiet for sitting out and sleeping.

There is no house keeping throughout the week unless you pay extra. If you run out of anything, coffee, t paper, soap or other items you have to go over to the check in and pick it up. We paid a $90.00 cleaning fee up front at check in.

Pool, grounds, walkway's and roads are all perfect condition and well kept. Good security day and night.

BEDS: worst bed I have ever slept in, each time I turned over I thought I would get a spring through me. If I had the beds in my home I would be too ashamed to let company sleep on them.

Last time in the area we had a hotel with a kitchenette. Biggest difference, this was larger, however, we didn't spend much time there. Hotel had house keeping every day, coffee was restocked and place was tied up, house keeper was quite happy with a daily tip of $5.00, there for only $35.00 for the week.

Overall a nice stay.

Room Tip: Not going to make a difference, I had two small requests and neither were honored till I checked in.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank XTANKER
Plattsburgh, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

First of all the rooms are huge! We got upgraded to a three bedroom suite at no charge, appreciated albeit unnecessary since it was just the two of us. The rooms are all well equipped with furnishings, the kitchen stocked with utensils for cooking and dining. The room was also spotless and the bathrooms well stocked with towels, etc. But..there's always a but, right? Much of the furniture was faded, the carpet slightly worn and some of the dressers were missing handles, etc. And the mattresses were not very comfortable, in fact one of the least comfortable hotel mattresses we've ever slept on! Overall though, the entire place is very well maintained and the staff is friendly.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank FightingHellfish
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

STAY: FEB. 20-25, 2014
INFO and TIPS

• Realize that yes, you pay an $80 cleaning fee no matter if you stay a week or a day. It's clearly stated, along with the $5.95 a day resort fee.

• Ask for newer beds. If the desk agent is able to fill your request, tip accordingly. Not all rooms have them. Understand that the newer mattress sets are rather firm and not the pillow top variety. They are fine, but you won't be writing home about the beds. In the 2 bedroom units, the master has a king, the second bedroom 2 twins.

• Bronson Memorial Highway, the road you travel before turning off onto Westside to get to the condos, has a lot of construction going on and probably will for a while.

• There is a Publix grocery/pharmacy about 2 miles turning left onto BMH from Westside, a Walgreens about 2 miles after turning right and a reasonably priced ice cream place with big portions, Twistee Treat, about 1 mile from CCRO.

• DON'T put any garbage bags by the large black cans if they are full. Raccoons will tear the bags open and create a huge mess.

• Florida, and the south in general, is home to some very large, unpleasant looking but mainly benign bugs: the Florida woods cockroach, or Palmetto bug. You are in Florida, by the woods, so, keep your (screened) patio light on at night if you don't want any unpleasant surprises when you go out there. (and yes, they can fly if they feel like it)

• The rooms have toilet paper, one roll of paper towels, and a small pack of dishwasher detergent. No laundry soap or dryer sheets are provided.

• Start looking for a good rate early in your trip planning. You might find a great rate if you Book It early because certain sites run some great specials.

• The Caribe claims the pool is heated, and I guess it might be, because it certainly wasn't as cold as a few of the other pools we stayed at during the trip, but don't expect it to be steaming like a spa, it's just, not cold.

From an objective standpoint, we thought the place was great for our family of four. Plenty of space, TVs in each bedroom, nice high ceilings, lots of counter space and modern appliances, nice dishes and cooking utensils.

Our refrigerator had ice and water in the door, but it wasn't working, and the DVD player sounded like it was a garbage disposal when we tried to play one of the free to borrow DVDs from the clubhouse, but, we honestly didn't care. You can't expect perfection in a timeshare. Or, you can, and you can be disappointed. The coffee dispenser in the clubhouse had a sign on it that the decaf wasn't working the whole time we were there. If these sort of things make you want to ball up your fist and curse to the heavens, well, you know who you are, go spend 5 times as much at Disney property......

If you want a reasonably priced two bedroom unit (they have three bedroom units as well) so you don't have to share a small room with the kids, or friends, or relatives, and you don't mind driving about 15 minutes to Disney or 25 to Universal, I think you would find it a hard place to beat. The setting, backed by a huge area of forest, is far enough off any main roads to be quiet and relaxing.

Room Tip: • Ask for newer beds. If the desk agent is able to fill your request, tip accordingly. Not all rooms...
Stayed February 2014, travelled with family