“Great place to stay”

Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
Ranked #16 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Large ultra clean 3 bed condo, in a block of 12 or so condos over 4 floors. With around 8 blocks in total.
Small but usable pool, steam room and sauna, with a guest reception open 24 hours (snacks, etc).
Around 20 mins drive to Disney, and 45 mins to Universal.
Nearest supermarket is 10 mins, but nothing within walking distance.
We used it as a base for doing the usual parks, and went on a local airboat excursion, and then a 3 hour trip to Miami. Lots to do and loads of fast food and more up market eateries along the 192 road.
I would happily recommend the Caribe cove as a clean quite base for your Florida trip, I struggle to find a down side, ............. I really do!!!!

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the car park, but it's not a bad thing, rooms are double glazed, and all hav...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Paul F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Overall this is a great place to stay.
The best is that it's a roomy condo, with a big kitchen, and lot of space. Clean and quiet place also. The mattress is my only complaint, they are "back killers". We ask to change the main room mattres and they did it very quick, but for a similar one.
Not so far from Disney attractions and friendly staff

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Frank P
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here for three nights in August. Room was clean. Had some minor problems, light switch did not work, remote needs batteries and shower drain was clogged. Mgmt. fixed all problems within an hour of us notifying them.

It was nice they provided a safe in the condo.

The pool was large and water was very warm. However, pool got crowed with some very rowdy kids/teenagers towards evening and made us feel very uncomfortable. Mgmt. did nothing to control situation or settle down the kids.

Also the person selling Disney tickets in the lobby rips people off. Charges about $120 a ticket, when you can get them at park for $94. Beware of this guy!

I got the impression they had people actually living here and those people were somehow on subsidized living. Made me feel uneasy with my family there. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Tom S
Keith O, General Manager at Caribe Cove Resort Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

We hope that all our guests get to enjoy the facitilities at Caribe Cove. The Expedia Concierge selling Park tickets is quoting what is in their computer system and if it was more than what this guest could find elsewhere I am surprised and we will check into that. We do have a few owners who live on property but are not on any sort of subsidized living. They are very nice and quiet overall.

I will reach out to this guest to see if I can understand their concerns more

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Let me start out by stating I knew EXACTLY what I was getting into before we even arrived. We don't vacation often so I spent hours researching places to stay. I knew we'd be staying at a moderate place with dated furnishings but plenty of room for my family of four. I knew about the dated TV's, the uncomfortable beds, the frog noise, the pond vs parking lot view, etc. We were ok with all of that. The price was great and since we weren't doing Disney, didn't mind location. I called a few days before we left asking for a pond view with updated beds not on the first floor. I was told there was no guarantee. Ok. We arrived and first thing I asked was if we had a pond view. Nope. Parking lot view. Updated mattresses?? Nope. Something higher than 1st floor?? Nope. Excellent. I was bummed, but what can you do? We get to our room (Building 4, room 101) and it's roomy. The husband and kids were impressed. The two bedrooms were nice, two bathrooms were great. Full kitchen that was bigger than I expected. The furnishings were dated but nobody (including me) seemed to care. I went to the screened porch...and you could see the pond!! No parking lot. The dude at the front desk was wrong! Yay! Wait...I can't turn on the lights in either bedroom. My husband can't lock our front door. I go to inspect the door latch and it looks like somebody at one point, tried to break into the room. The latch was dangling and the door was significantly damaged. Yeah, I no longer feel safe. We don't want to tell the kids...my oldest is autistic and a worry wart...he'd make us leave the state!! We call the front desk and tell them there's a problem with the lock and a few lamps don't work. They'll send somebody. Maintenance comes fairly quickly but he was not nice a nice guy. He made us feel like we were totally inconveniencing him. He had to add a pull cord to the light on the fan in the master room to get our light to work (and he stepped on our bed to do it...ewwww) and he had to replace the lamp in the boys' bedroom although he didn't want to...told me I just had to jiggle the switch a few times and it'll turn on. Told him that wasn't acceptable. He was about to argue with me about it but while we were standing there, the light turned off by itself and he was busted. That did not make him happier. As for the lock, I wanted to change rooms but the husband insisted that if they can replace the lock, we should stay and not make a big deal out of it. He thought they'd give us a worse room, because by this time, we knew customer service wasn't their strength. It look a couple of trips and a little time, but the latch was replaced and we could securely lock our front door. I still never felt completely safe though because of the ground floor room so close to the parking lot...and clear evidence that somebody tried to get in that room without a key. I have pictures of the door...if I can figure out how to upload them, I will. Ok, so after the first night, it was fine. The frog noise was soooo loud, but I love frogs and didn't mind at all. As a matter of fact, we had a frog that lived on our door jam...there are frogs everywhere. If you keep the slider and windows shut, you won't hear them. We also saw millions of lizards and a snake in the parking lot. He was tiny though. The TV in the living room would randomly stop working, but based on our first experience with the maintenance, we didn't call about it. The screened porch was a godsend. I would imagine you'd have every bug and critter in your room without it. We didn't mind the location at all. There's a Super Target a couple of miles away that we ended up at almost every day picking up random things. We were there a week and had enough toilet paper and paper towels for our entire stay. We did pick up dish soap and a better sponge...what they provide is not great quality. Also picked up some laundry detergent and washed all of our clothes before coming home...the in-unit washer and dryer was an awesome feature. We did the pool one day and that was nice. Piped in music made it feel like we were really on vacation. I do t think I'd stay here again. Although my husband disagrees with me. I would have liked a restaurant on site and a little better quality of furnishings...but I must agree...for the price, it's not bad. You do get what you pay for though. Oh, and the dude that works the ticket desk inside the lobby is a total jerk!! He DOES NOT work for the hotel though. I went to him to ask about tickets to Gatorland and one of the water parks because I honestly thought he was a concierge. Nope. He's a price gouger who makes money off of you. He laughed at me when I was surprised his prices were higher than at the actual gate. "Well, of course they are" he said. "I charge a convenience fee. I don't do this for nothing...I need to make a living". Ok. We visited a local AAA office and got discounted tickets there. So, not a 5-star place, but they don't claim to be. For the price, not too shabby...just hope you don't get Building 4, room 101.

Room Tip: If you get a pond view, the frog noise will be loud, but I loved it. Try to stay away from the grou...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank wittielisa
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was our third stay at Caribe Cove and although there were a few minor issues it was an amazing vacation! We rented a three bedroom unit which is terrific for my family of four and my sister who accompanies us each year. Plenty of space to relax with out being in each others way. For the second year in a row we were in building 2 and for the second year in a row we had an ice maker that just wouldn't work.(first year we were in bldg,3) Called the front desk and they sent someone over but it was never fixed, The dishwasher top rack came off and they fixed that within minutes. The really confusing thing was in the third bedroom there is a TV but no way of hooking it up. I was told that each unit is individually owned and that at the owners request there is a TV in the room. Confused... By far my biggest complaint (the one I have voiced to everyone) is the frying pan issue. In a condo that can sleep 8 there should be more than one decent frying pan. If they added one more it would be perfect! The pool and hot tub were wonderful and the staff was amazing as usual. We actually had an early flight into Florida and at my sister's urging I called to see if early check in was an option. I was told to call when we landed and they would do their best to get the room ready. By the time we picked up our rental car and grabbed a bite to eat we arrived about 2 pm and our room was ready, check in a breeze and an amazing vacation was to follow!!! We look forward to coming back yet again next year. I think I may request to be back in bldg 3 though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lovetotravel371
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights before moving into Disney accommodation, however this would have been more than adequate for the whole stay (had we known).
We were a little unsure due to previous reviews on here but it was great. The room was huge (2 bedroom apartment comprised of 2 large bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large kitchen, lounge and dining room area not to mention a washer and dryer. Considering what we paid for this resort we got a fabulous deal!!
They also have a pool area and fitness suite outside the reception area more than adequate for a quick dip to cool off in the Florida heat.
All the staff were friendly and helpful and were more than happy to help with any request.
The only small let down is it's at the far end of the 192 so it's around 30 minutes to Disney but other than this you can't ask for much more.
I would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank mickeymousemad
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We used this hotel for three nights during our recent Florida trip. We had a two bedroom family suite, comprising a big kitchen with everything you would want, dining area with 6 seat dining table, living room with two sofas & TV. One ensuite double bedroom, bath an desperate shower, second bedroom with two big single beds and ensuite with over bath shower and good air con throughout, in room WIFI was included and easily supported our four devices. a large safe was in one of the kitchen cupboards.

It's a big site, with a separate club house / reception area with a small shop area, large patio space with a simple but adequate pool.

We got a great deal of fifty dollars a night and I wasn't expecting much but it was great, easily upto the standards of Disney and reminded us of Disney's Old Key West resort in room layout and standards. The staff we talked to were all helpful and the hotel held a package (Disney bands) for us prior to our arrival. It is a really good place to stay.

The only problem is the location, it's at the far west end of the 192 and looks to be a long way to Disney. Looks. Search for "Sherberth Road" on Google maps it's five to ten minutes from Caribe Cove and is a back road into Disney bringing you out by the Animal Kingdom resort.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family