We just got home from a month long vacation in the Orlando Florida area. A friend recommened we stay at Caribe Cove Resort. On his recommendation we booked our stay with them. For about the same price as a standard hotel room, this is what we got.
We were on the first level in building four. The view from ourt patio was incredible! Woods in the background with a small pond in front of the wooded area. Nearly every night, we sat out in our screened-in patio and saw birds and small animals like raccoons and opossums drinking from the pond. We found it relaxing to return after a long day of doing tourist things like Disney and Universal.
Our unit was spacious (1600 sq ft) and quiet. It had a full kitchen with cups, silverware, pots, pans, containers, etc.(Cooking breakfast and packing a lunch saved us a small fortune on eating out) Each unit also has a diswasher and washer/dryer, wired internet connection and cable tv with HBO. The carpets did have some stains, but overall, the place was clean. The grounds were also beautiful! The staff does a wonderful job maintaining everything. Every day we saw crews enter vacant units to clean carpets, power wash patio screens or paint before the new guests arrived. Everything looked as nice as the photos on their website.
The clubhouse for the resort is located at the front entrance. It has a workout area with equipment, a small store to buy things like toiletries, cards, soda, icecream bars, etc. and an area with computers for guest use. They sell stamps and mail letters for guests and even set out complimentary cookies and coffee. Guests can get free movies from the clubhouse to watch in their unit. There is not a huge selection like at a video store, but there are plenty to choose from and many of the titles are current releases. There is an outdoor pool just behind the clubhouse. There is also a steamroom, sauna and locker rooms for guests.
Caribe Cove Resort is in a great location. It's only about a fifteen minute drive to Disney...a little further to Seaworld or Universal. There is a Super Target and a Super Walmart within 3 miles. There are also several restuarants nearby. However, it is far enough away from the above mentioned things to still be quiet and somewhat secluded.
Just so there are no surprises, Caribe Cove charges additional fees beside the cost of the unit. There is a cleaning fee of $65.00 and a $5.95 per day service charge for internet, phone and workout equipment usage. This is charged up front when you book in. All units are smoke free. If you choose to smoke in your unit they will charge you an additional $200.00 to get rid of smoke smell. (You are permitted to smoke on the patios.) Check in was at 4:00 pm/ check out at 10:am. Each unit comes with one of standard things like tissue, tp, soap. After that, you must supply your own. We just picked up what we needed at Walmart. They also don't have maid service, so if you mess it up, you clean it.
The only thing that we were disappointed with was that the mattresses were not very comfortable. They really need to be replaced with higher quality ones. Aside from that, we loved our stay here and would highly recommend it to anyone. I think it would be difficult to find such a nice place for a similar price. We can't wait to get back! Thank you Caribe Cove staff for a wonderful vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amongst beautifully landscaped grounds, just off 192, Caribe Cove Resort offers 2 and 3 bedroom condos in elevator buildings. With private screened patios, enjoy dinner outside enjoying the Florida sunshine or kick back in your living room and catch a complimentary movie from the DVD service in the lobby. Around the resort, relax by the infinity pool or take a soak in the hot tub. If being active is more your speed, enjoy our 24-hour fitness center or a game of basketball or billiards. Our front desk is staffed 24-hours for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Caribe Cove Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Cove Resort Orlando Hotel Kissimmee
- Caribe Cove Hotel Orlando
- Caribe Cove Kissimmee
- Caribe Cove Resort Orlando Kissimmee, Florida