“Worst hotel I have ever stayed at”

HomeSuiteHome Eastgate
Ranked #92 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Worst hotel I have ever stayed at”
Reviewed 7 May 2009

The people giving this hotel glowing recommendations must be employees of the hotel. This is, by far, the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Don't be taken in by the cheap price, you get what you pay for.

We had previously stayed at this hotel in 2004 when it was a Best Western. In five years Home Suite Home has managed to turn it into a roach motel. We arrived after midnight and didn't get a good look at the place until morning, needless to say we left that morning. There is not enough space here to list everything that was wrong with this hotel but the highlights include a hole in the wall where you could see into the next room, windows that wouldn't shut, dirt everywhere, you are given one roll of toilet paper for the week, no hair dryer, you have to wash your own towels, maid service is only once a week, I could go on and on. When I asked them if they had any other rooms I was told that was their best room. The maintainance man came to look at the hole in the wall and said he could move us to the room next door but vagrants tended to break into that room. That was enough for me...we checked out right then.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank loru100

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
florida
Reviewed 17 December 2008

Had a great stay,the staff were friendly and rooms were newly renovated,full size refrigerators and microwave were handy.The value for economical pricing was a bonus. Will be back.

• Liked — price
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
kissimmee
Reviewed 9 December 2008

I love everything about this place the staff is very nice and treat you like family , very affordable, clean inside and out, nice place to get away from all stress very peaceful. I recommed it for familys and everybody who want to have a nice and affordable vacation.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
kissimmee, florida
Reviewed 1 December 2008

the staff at the hotel were courteous, considerate, and responsive to all of my needs and concerns during my stay. If I had to choose all over again, I would gladly stay there time and time again, even if it costed thrice as much! The low rates are but a bonus!

Stayed October 2008
disneynut
Reviewed 12 November 2008

I found this to be the best hotel for the price in the area. I didn't have the problems I read about and I was there for two weeks. The room was clean, the pool was great and my family felt safe. I could see the hotel is going through major renovations during the daytime, so may be they are addressing the problems I have read about. I will definitely stay there again for $169 per week, you can't beat it. I had a refrigerator too.

• Liked — kitchenette,price, location
  • Disliked — very basic not a resort
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 June 2005

We loved the eastgate. We checked in and went to our room and found that the toilet was leaking. It was barely a drip, but we let the front desk know and they immediately apologized and moved us to another room which was ground level and poolside and should have cost more, but we were not charged any more.

The rooms were clean, the staff very friendly and courteous. The housekeeping staff was amazing, everyday our room looked like we just checked in. They even took care to fold my children's blankies nicely on their bed.

I had a great experience there and would definately stay there again!

• Stayed July 2004
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 November 2004

I coordinated an October 2004 vacation for 16 family members (5 rooms). On September 22 I made reservations for our group for the night of Friday, October the 15th. On September the 29th and October the 8th I again called the hotel to make sure everything was OK with the hotel after the hurricanes. I was told that the hotel received minor damaged, but that it would not effect our stay. When we tried to check in on October the 15th the front desk clerk told us that the hotel had cancelled our reservations, because they no longer rent rooms by the day just by the week. I then asked why didn't they contact me with this information prior to my arrival and was told that they had lost my phone numbers. After getting nowhere with the manager we asked if they could help us find other lodging and was promptly told no we do not do that. Three members of our group were so upset with the situation that they cut their vacation short and drove straight home to Indiana.
Universal was having Halloween Horror Nights during the time of our stay and the hotels were full. After searching for over 2 hours the remainder of our group finally found a Days Inn that was nice enough to check their other locations and find us alternate lodging.
In all my years of travel the Eastgate Inn, 5565 W Irlo Bronson Prkwy, is the most unprofessional hotel I have ever seen. I cannot recommend a hotel that does not honor their confirmed reservations, and leaves their guests on the street.

• Stayed October 2004
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels