“Very good place to stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #11 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I found the hotel to be well located between the Braves Champions Stadium and the Astros Kissimmee facility for going to spring training games. The room was very spacious and well appointed. My only gripe was breakfast. Everything was cheap tasting and not inviting.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Rick H
Nicole B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2012

Dear Rick H:

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed the time you spent at the Hampton Inn & Suites South Lake Buena Vista. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with our breakfast selection. We work hard to provide a quality breakfast for our guests each day. I am sorry the breakfast fell short your expectations. We look forward to serving you the next time your travels bring you to the area. We truly value your feedback and your business.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed 9 September 2012

The hotel was conveniently located between Disney, Universal and Seaworld. It's comfortable and good value. But the breakfast is terrible: sausages looked revolting, the orange juice tasted watery and food was served on disposable polystyrene plates. But for the price it was good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Nicole B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear Holidaze2020,

Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. While it sounds like your experience overall was very satisfying we are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. As you can imagine, we serve quite a few people every day and we do our very best to make sure that our food and beverage offerings are as appetizing as possible. I am truly sorry that your breakfast experience did not meet your expectations. We really appreciate your feedback and hope that if you are back in the South Lake Buena Vista area in the future, you would consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Great family hotel. Everything is clean, staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is A+. Location is super, close to everything my family need and restaurants. Easy to go in and out of mayor roads. We spend 6 days/ 5 nights. I recommend to anybody is looking for a great hotel with a good price.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Angel P

Dear Angel P,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed the time you spent at the Hampton Inn & Suites South Lake Buena Vista. We look forward to serving you the next time your travels bring you to the area. We truly value your feedback and your business.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

After being up for 24+ hours, needed a place to crash for 1 night. They allowed an early arrival. Clean room. Oh so comfortable beds. Delicious breakfast to get our day started. Reasonably priced. Good location, but the traffic around it always seemed to be moving at a snail's pace.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank knockingon40
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was a great hotel. My family of four stayed 5 days/4 nights here just last week to go to disney. The room was a little tight in space, but still had lots of storage for our clothes and after all, we just slept there after the parks and it was fine for that. The hot buffet was a great money saver as the food in the parks is very expensive. It is slightly repetitive, but it's free so you really can't complain. We didn't use the pool so I can't speak for that. The only thing I would ask is please change your coffee service!! We used to buy Royal Coffee for my office and it is disgusting! I understand your breakfast is free, but I'd be willing to pay $5 more a night for Community Coffee. Even Parks Coffee here in TX is only $2 per pot. Other than that, it was a great hotel very close to the parks and about 1000 different restaurants. You have to try Smokey Bones BBQ across the street!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sarahg409
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Went on July 10th 2012, spent the whole day on the parks, arrive to the hotel at 10 pm and after spending a LONG day, tired of walking and walking the thing you expect from your hotel is finding your room CLEAN. Guess what? The room was as I left it in the morning, wet towels, and beds the same exact way i left them when I woke up. I had to take a bath, dry my self with wet towels and then turn off lights so I couldnt see the big mess on my room. The front desk send me like 2 towels for my inconvenience and FINALLY send me 2 small pillows after leaving the cleaning room ladies a note for it 3 days prior. I returned to this hotel again after my last visit two years ago but I am very dissapointed and not comfortable at all with how things are managed these days. The breakfast is not as good as they say it is, scrambled powder eggs every single day, oatmeal with no brown sugar or cinammon even though i asked the lady in the hotel for it. Orange juice mixed up with water, e waffle maker doesnt work well, your waffles even get burned or not done because the clock seems not to work for several days. One more thing: WIFI service its HORRIBLE, the lowest speed you can ever have at a hotel it really gives you alot of nerve. NOT PLEASED AT ALL. Not comfortable and definitely not come back again after being a Hampton INN fan and advising every one to come to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Fernando7302
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Daughters basketball team stayed her for a tournament- location was fair. Hotel was clean, rooms on backside of hotel are a bit noisey at night with traffic from Oscela Pkwy-not terrible, but noticeable. Free breakfast is always a plus. It was standard assortment for Hamptom.Would stay again in the area, the price is right.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KLeaf65

Dear Kleaf65,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am sorry that the traffic noise impacted your stay. The next time that you visit us please call ahead and we will be happy to place you on the opposite side of the building. We look forward to serving you the next time your travels bring you to the area. We truly value your feedback and your business.