Stayed a late January weekend to enjoy a quick Disney getaway with my wife. Chose this hotel because of its high guest rating in hotels.com and the special low rate. It's situated just north of US-192, close to the Disney Resort. Virtually a five-minute drive to Epcot Center, and perhaps a bit more to the other parks. Located on a quieter part of Lake Buena Vista, I had to drive a bit to find good area restaurants (keep going north on 535 to get to Lake Buena Vista's center and find nice shops and eateries, not to mention Downtown Disney).
The hotel grounds, lobby and room were clean. The hotel room itself was an interesting mix of new and old; the wallpaper and carpet were dated, while the furnishings and flat-screen (but not HD) TV were relatively new. No bath tub, just a shower, but the bathroom was a good size, with a large vanity area. The beds felt older, too. Very soft and worn-out mattress, with even softer and worn-out pillows. Your mileage may vary, of course, but I was expecting slightly higher quality from the bed and pillows. The rooms also don't enclose sound too well; my neighbor's singing was clearly heard Saturday morning, albeit around 9AM. (We were already up by then.) If you value being shielded from others, or ensuring you are shielded yourself, this may not be the hotel for you.
Customer service was pretty non-existant. At one point I phoned "housekeeping" (this was around 8PM on a Saturday night) to ask for firmer pillows (they advertised firm pillows were available in the room) but was placed on hold for about 10 minutes before I decided to hang up and just go downstairs. I needed a shower cap anyway for my wife (they similarly advertised they had this and other toiletries upon request), which required a trip downstairs. I had to make the line, as there was only one worker, and once it was my turn the front desk person responded that they had neither firmer pillows or shower caps, despite the advertisements in the rooms. To her credit, she wasn't rude, but it was annoying to be troubled for what ended up being nothing. I'm not a fan of false advertisement.
They serve hot breakfast in the morning, including eggs, sausage and french toast sticks. They also have fresh fruit, yogurt and a selection of teas and coffees (decaf, regular, dark), so if you're healthy conscious like my wife and I, this will be satisfactory. Lots of hotels offer something like this, so I wouldn't make a decision based on this alone. It's here if you want it, though.
Conclusion: If all you want is a clean room with adequate bed on a quieter part of Orlando close to Disney by car, you may be happy here. If you want more, notably good customer service, you're better off trying your luck somewhere else. With all the choices available in the area, I won't be coming back here any time soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando-South Lake Buena Vista, a top choice in Kissimmee hotels, with modern amenities and impeccable service. Set in Kissimmee and conveniently located off I-4, our hotel is just three miles from Walt Disney World(R) Resort, and less than ten miles from Universal Orlando, SeaWorld and the Orange County Convention Center. Our hotel also offers easy access to both the Kissimmee Gateway Airport and the Orlando International Airport. No matter what you enjoy-from golfing to shopping, museums to arboretums-you'll find it all just moments from our friendly Kissimmee hotel. Discover a range of amenities designed to help make your stay as comfortable as possible. Stay connected with free high-speed internet access in every guest room, and use the handy lap desk to work on while you watch TV. Feel refreshed with a great night's sleep in a clean and fresh Hampton bed(R) and wake up with Hampton's free hot breakfast. Even if you're in a rush, simply grab one of our Kissimmee hotel's free Hampton On the Run(R) Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday. Set close to a number of businesses, this hotel offers a versatile function room. Host a meeting or event for up to 50 guests. Catch up with work in the business center or workout in the modern fitness center. Swim laps in the pool or simply relax with free tea and coffee, available throughout the day in the lobby of our Kissimmee hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista
- Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista Hotel Kissimmee
- Hampton Inn Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Hampton Inn
- Homewood Suites Kissimmee
- Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista Kissimmee, Florida