Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #11 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 26 January 2010

Stayed a late January weekend to enjoy a quick Disney getaway with my wife. Chose this hotel because of its high guest rating in hotels.com and the special low rate. It's situated just north of US-192, close to the Disney Resort. Virtually a five-minute drive to Epcot Center, and perhaps a bit more to the other parks. Located on a quieter part of Lake Buena Vista, I had to drive a bit to find good area restaurants (keep going north on 535 to get to Lake Buena Vista's center and find nice shops and eateries, not to mention Downtown Disney).

The hotel grounds, lobby and room were clean. The hotel room itself was an interesting mix of new and old; the wallpaper and carpet were dated, while the furnishings and flat-screen (but not HD) TV were relatively new. No bath tub, just a shower, but the bathroom was a good size, with a large vanity area. The beds felt older, too. Very soft and worn-out mattress, with even softer and worn-out pillows. Your mileage may vary, of course, but I was expecting slightly higher quality from the bed and pillows. The rooms also don't enclose sound too well; my neighbor's singing was clearly heard Saturday morning, albeit around 9AM. (We were already up by then.) If you value being shielded from others, or ensuring you are shielded yourself, this may not be the hotel for you.

Customer service was pretty non-existant. At one point I phoned "housekeeping" (this was around 8PM on a Saturday night) to ask for firmer pillows (they advertised firm pillows were available in the room) but was placed on hold for about 10 minutes before I decided to hang up and just go downstairs. I needed a shower cap anyway for my wife (they similarly advertised they had this and other toiletries upon request), which required a trip downstairs. I had to make the line, as there was only one worker, and once it was my turn the front desk person responded that they had neither firmer pillows or shower caps, despite the advertisements in the rooms. To her credit, she wasn't rude, but it was annoying to be troubled for what ended up being nothing. I'm not a fan of false advertisement.

They serve hot breakfast in the morning, including eggs, sausage and french toast sticks. They also have fresh fruit, yogurt and a selection of teas and coffees (decaf, regular, dark), so if you're healthy conscious like my wife and I, this will be satisfactory. Lots of hotels offer something like this, so I wouldn't make a decision based on this alone. It's here if you want it, though.

Conclusion: If all you want is a clean room with adequate bed on a quieter part of Orlando close to Disney by car, you may be happy here. If you want more, notably good customer service, you're better off trying your luck somewhere else. With all the choices available in the area, I won't be coming back here any time soon.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,062)

Reviewed 22 January 2010

We are a family of 4 and last week we traveled with our friends to Disney for the long weekend. We stayed at this hotel and it was absolutely wonderful. Check in went smoothly (very important after a long day of driving), our room was great, very spacious, nicely updated and best of all...very clean! The complimentary breakfast every morning is great, we would get up early, eat and then leave to the parks; we couldn't have asked for a better hotel stay. The staff was also very friendly and helpful, I can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank gerynjorge
Reviewed 6 December 2009

I'm not sure the last person rated the correct hotel. We thought this hotel was amazing! It was very nice, clean, and the staff were the best of any hotel I've ever stayed at. For the money we spent we will be back time and time again. The breakfast was nice, it was central to all of the main tourist spots in Orlando, and again, I will say, the staff went out of their way to be friendly. Although we didn't get to swim or enjoy the hot tub (due to rain) we felt of both and they were both very warm. Thanks Hampton Calypso Cay!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2009

We stayed 5 nights at this hotel. THe added extras were great: Spa, pool, exercise room, towels poolside, Internet connection and printer, mulitiple choices with hot/cold breakfast, friendly staff. Great beds with down comforters, large TV, refrig and microwave in every room, good location . OVERALL wondeful place to stay. We did have 2 small problems. Two friendly roaches after we eat taco supper in the room which were sprayed by staff without further reoccurance and second being a small cookie on the floor near the window when we arrived. Rooms were clean, free of ordors, but Housekeeping needs to fine tune their services. We would surely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank be4minn
Reviewed 2 November 2009

The staff was very friendly and helpful during my 11 night stay. There was a problem with the internet in my room which couldn't be fixed until the next day so a couple of the staff members helped me move into another room. Free breakfast (breakfast-to-go for business travelers) and free shuttle to Disney World.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank 1TS
Reviewed 18 October 2009

My wofe and i stayed a this hotel which is a few miles from disney and a few miles from the Outlets. Price was reasinable and the room was clean. The hotel staff were very friendly and the free breakfast was not bad either. We will stay here the next time we are in Orlando.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

With a family of 5, it's hard to find a decent size room at a reasonable price if you stay at a Disney property hotel. So, we chose to stay at this Hampton Inn for our Disney trip. The hotel is located just a few miles from the Disney theme parks. We stayed in a studio suite (two queen beds + a pull out couch). The accomodations were roomy, clean and you couldn't beat the price!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Kissimmee hotels
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
#30 of 154 in Kissimmee
Galleria Palms Hotel
Galleria Palms Hotel
#9 of 154 in Kissimmee

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!