“Great value.. Would definitely return”

Legacy Vacation Resorts
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I was nervous after reading reviews of this resort but I went with an open mind. Check-in was simple and painless and we quickly had the key to our one bedroom condo on the lobby side of the resort. I had called a couple of weeks before our vacation to ensure that we got one of the lobby side newly refurbished rooms because it seemed like all the negativity came from those that had older rooms. Our room was very nice and very clean. It is my understanding that the previous owners (celebrity) had really let the place go and legacy has really done a lot in the short time they have owned it. We had a lot of fun at the main pool with activities for myself and my husband as well as my two kids ( ages 5 and 7). We also did the timeshare talk for $90 dollars in resort credit. They were not pushy.. We told them we were not buying and they only ask that we remain open minded. We did not buy but if we were the market for a timeshare I would consider this property. The only negatives I have (and they are minor) were that there was no safe even though we were promised one, and that there is no key to lock the patio from outdoors. We would have used our patio daily to get to the pool if we could have locked it, but since we had no safe for our money we couldn't leave the door unlocked.

The location of this resort was great, minutes away from Seaworld and Disney.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank aswiss

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I I stayed here for 5 nights in February 2012, and choosing it pretty much ruined my vacation. I'd wanted a fun getaway in Florida at a luxurious hotel. This place isn't a hotel! It's a timeshare complex that bought some rundown hotel rooms across the street. The first night I was put in a tiny room next to the dumpster, in a dark back corner of the parking lot (I was traveling alone). In the bathroom was a noisy air conditioner that had a block of ice at the bottom and wires sticking out of it. I called the front desk and someone came and turned it off, saying it would be fixed the following day. When I came back to the room the following evening and found that nothing had changed, I called the front desk to complain. Begrudgingly, I was moved to the main part, across the street. But I was put in one of the tiny units that goes with the main timeshare suite. It was bare bones. Not only were the rooms a disappointment; so were the so-called amenities. While this place claims to have three pools, the one on the "hotel" side of the street was under repair and the other two were far enough apart it wasn't practical to use both. The sauna and fitness center were also inconveniently far away from where my room was. There's no place to eat (even the woman at the front desk told me not to get coffee in the small gift shop off the lobby). All in all a bad experience. They have a lot of nerve pretending to be something they're not!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank CantStayHome_11
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I'm going to dish out the bad first. When we arrived .... despite my prearranging that we would be at the main resort and NOT across the busy road at The Oaks ... they tried to send us there. We weren't booked into the Oaks which is actually a separate booking. This was VERY aggravating after a long days travel. But he "found" us a unit. It wasn't the best location but at least on the right side of the road. The units are nice ... not fancy but clean and spacious. Full kitchen so you can visit the local Wall Mart and grab some basics for breakfast or late snacks. Good selection of restaurants a short walk away. Service was good ... we needed a few things and they were delivered within minutes. Three pools to choose from ... this is nice because the central pool can get busy and if you just want to unwind there are two other decent choices. The resort tries hard to present activities .. karaoke, etc. If that's your thing .. they are fun! Good concierge gal named Faith who can provide discounted tickets to attractions. King bed .. jetted tub! Grounds nicely maintained. Not world class but nice! Would stay again!

Room Tip: Stay on the resort side of the road!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maceland
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I was a little scared after reading some of the other reviews. When stayed in a 3 bedroom 2 bath. There were some problems with the water pressure at times but overall the resort was nice. We were on the main side of the road never visited the other side which is where some of the other reviews came. The pool behind the lobby was great. One of the pools was closed for maintence and the other pool by the gym was good too. I would visit again not the worst I have stayed in. And for the exchange price couldnt beat it.

5  Thank cayan911
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We originally booked to stay at Howard Johnson Tropical Palms in Kissimmee...it was AWEFUL dirty and nasty...then we booked out vacation stay last minute at Legacy and let me tell you it was wonderful....clean and friendly staff....will def recommend to stay and will sty again for sure...my whole family enjoyed :)

Room Tip: Loved it....all rooms ad everything
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Ana B
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We were placed in a one-bedroom suite that was extremely outdated (the electrical needed help... the box was hanging out of the wall), and very dark rooms... one lamp to a room is not sufficient in my book. This room should not have been rented until it was done being renovated, and they were not willing to move us, or discount us, for any of the inconveniences (how do 2 brand new tvs go bad in 2 different rooms?) Let's just say it looked good from the outside. I will say that the grounds and pool areas were pleasant and well kept, and the location is quite convenient to anywhere you need to go around the orlando/disney area.

3  Thank kjw55011
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We were greeted and treated immediately upon check-in by smiling super-friendly people.

Our rooms were generous in that we had asked for a very clean and updated suite for our special needs child. The hotel surprised us with a three bedroom suite rather than the two bedroom that we booked. It was immaculate and the few things that needed tweaking (one TV and one electrical outlet did not work) were addressed immediately by the hotel staff.

This property sells time shares and you are asked to attend a sales breakfast (we did not) but as a rental it is a wonderful bargain. We found this on Hotels.com at a discounted price and then it was reduced another ten dollars when we went in to changes dates by one day. A great bargain at $129.99! And, we were just minutes away from all the Disney things and just a few more minutes distance from SeaWorld and Universal.

I highly recommend this property because of the very efficient and polite staff. I have traveled a good bit, but this staff was so friendly and seemed genuinely caring about our needs, beyond the norm. Other than a few cosmetic things (this property was recently remodeled) the unit was perfect. We had three bedrooms, two baths, a full kitchen, two bars, a dining room, a living room, three TVs, four pools, and all we needed in the way of entertainment.

Be aware that shuttle service is arranged, but not included.

I highly recommend Legacy Vacation Villas in Kissimmee for any family who needs a bit of luxury on a small budget.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
4  Thank bobandbev_11