“Pleasant surprise!!!!”

Legacy Vacation Resorts
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We had read the reviews and was a little worried prior to our arrival but was pleasantly surprised. Based on some of the reviews, I really wonder why it is rated 2 star. I went with my 5 sisters and it was fabulous. It was clean, well kept, large accommodations, service was incredible, quiet, 4 pools . . . most of the time we had a pool to ourselves. The units were amazing. Full housekeeping, they couldn't do enough for you. I've stayed at many resorts in Florida, in Orlando and Fort Lauderdale and often stay at Wyndham but I would compare this and say it raked top with any I've stayed at. I consider myself average to high end for accommodations and it met and exceeded all my expectations. It has a nice gym, everything soooooo very clean. Staff are amazing. We fell in love with the place and would return in a heartbeat. If you are wondering if you should, I say absolutely you should. We had not 1 negative experience, nothing but good positive things to say from the moment we arrived until we left the resort. Thanks staff, we love you and will return. Definitely 4+ star.

Room Tip: we had accommodations for 6, lots of space, 6 women that is. we did not use the spa so cannot rate...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Wavey H

Reviewed 23 May 2012

My family and I stayed at the Legacy Vacation Resort - Kissimmee for a week in May. I've read the recent negative reviews of this place and wonder if we were all staying on the same property. We loved the place, and we didn't even have one of the upgraded suites.

We had a two bedroom suite with full living room and full kitchen. One room has a king size bed, the other room has a queen size bed and the couch folds out into a queen bed. The dining room seats six, plus an additional two at the kitchen bar. All the kitchen appliances were normal sized, not the miniature versions you sometimes get.

The beds were pretty comfortable, except whoever made the beds needs to take a refresher course. They tucked the sheets in so low on the bed that they only came up to mid-waist. This was very annoying. I also must complain about the A/C. I think it was on some kind of money-saving setting. It worked well enough during the day but at night, no matter how low the temperature was set, the suite became unbearably hot. Both my sister and I woke up in the middle of the night because we were sweating in our sleep. One night I stayed up very late and noticed the A/C did not kick on at all between 2-4AM. No amount of fidgeting with the settings appeared to be able to change this.

People do need to realise this is a timeshare resort, so you will not have housekeeping unless you pay the extra fee. I don't know why people complain about this. Do you have housekeepers at home, fluffing your towels and making your bed everyday? Why expect this on vacation? I guess that might be a rich person thing. You are provided with a full set of dishes and enough dishwashing liquid for a day or two. Even though you have a dishwasher, they don't give you dishwashing detergent. There is also a washer and dryer, and they give you a single use detergent. The washer and dryer set up was weird though. They were stacked and the dryer was so close that it was difficult to open the top-opening washer. And they were loud as heck. Don't do your laundry while you're trying to sleep because you'll be mad you did.

I do agree with the complaints that the walls are thin. My nephew was upset when we first arrived and he cried loudly. You could hear him all the way in the parking lot, and I'm sure the next door neighbours could hear him too.

My sister and nephew utilized the pool. They loved it. There are four pools on the property; some are heated and some are not. The fitness center is adequate but don't expect to come out like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Towels are provided at the fitness and pools. There is also volleyball, tennis and an activities center, none of which we utilized during our visit.

All the staff I encountered were friendly. Everyone said hello. They did try to sell me a timeshare but what do you expect? They were not vicious hard sellers. I did have to sit through an hour presentation but once I said no, they gave me my free gift and let me go without hassling me.

We thought the location was perfect for our trip to Disney. There are grocery stores, Wal-Mart, Target and plenty of restaurants within a one mile radius. I feel the location is safe, except I did hear an awful lot of sirens in the middle of the night and one night I could swear I heard a gunshot. I am in the Army and I do know what a gunshot sounds like. I would not say that this is a factor in safety because it was not within the community. The property is well lit and there are no unsavoury people hanging around. In fact, no one was hanging around at all, not even hotel guests.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank WorfsBabyMama
Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

Well one good thing about the hotel was the location, very close to the parks and a lot handy stores no further then 10 min away. Now the negative part: no room service unless you request it, room has an unpleasant smell, stained sheets, and infested with ants and ROACHES!

When we first arrived we had an ant problem and we called and were immediately moved to a bigger room - the problem just got worst! There were roaches everywhere, and one was spotted by the head board of bed. We soon checked out and went to a much nicer hotel. Dont not be fooled by the good price and about the amenities offered. Our room was located across the street from the resort, away from main office and pool and ect.

Worst hotel ever this place was more like a motel! Spend the extra cash and stay somewhere nicer.

Now to wait for our refund and $100 deposit. Needless to say we ended our vacation great!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank salvigrl03
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed in a mini suite October. The negatives for us were the pool was supposed to be heated but was not. The kids swam, it was far too cold for me. There was a large space under the connecting door to the room next door so it was literally like living with strangers. I switched rooms first, thinking it was just loud neighbors the first time. I have never experienced such a poor level of sound control. The partial solution for us was to stuff several towels under the door & that helped a bit as most noise came through that door. Lucky for us & our neighbors, neither were in room often. Only having wifi in the pool area or lobby was a big negative. I also think they could have done a better job of making us aware of kids activities happening throughout the week. The positives for me were the fridge, microwave, small sink & full dishes & flatware setup. This allowed me to go to publix & save a ton of money by cooking quick meals in the room. The staff was great. Patti who worked the tiki bar & the store really enhanced our vacation. There was also a woman who worked on the grounds who found items my kids left behind all the time & made sure we got them back. The pool area was quite nice and the pool was very clean. We loved the poolside kid activities, the night time big screen kid movie one night & family karaoke another.I did befriend someone with a 1 bedroom unit & our kids baked cookies in her unit together. I think next time we will spend the extra $ for the full kitchen with stove & much bigger unit. We will stay again because although our room was frills free, and as stated in other reviews, not very bright and no balcony's or patios, we don't spend much time in the room. I could see they put money into making sure child guests have a great time and to have a kitchenette for the low price we paid was great.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank travelingclark
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The room was clean enough, but all the rooms in the hotel are interconnecting and you can basically hear everything the people next door say. The air conditioner's main controls were in the other room which made for a very cold first night....otherwise the location was close to restaurants and supermarkets in Kissimmee within fair driving distance from Universal Studios. Beware of the an offer for a "free breakfast" which is a 90 minute presentation to try to sell you a timeshare.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank euroangelo
Reviewed 20 April 2012

After seeing the beautiful pictures and good reviews I was expecting a beautiful resort and a great stay. I must say I was disapointed. My husband and daughter were in a 1 bedroom and my mother and sister were in another 1 bedroom. There were a lot of things that I didn't expect. Here are the pro's and con's of our stay.
Pro's:
1. very pretty room, nicely decorated
2. pool was great and part of it was covered so you didn't have to be in the sun
3. Great location of the resort. right off the main strip

Con's:
1. neighbouring rooms were connected by doors for people who wanted a 3 bedroom...which we didn't like because we could here EVERYTHING our neighbours did including showering, going to the bathroom and hearing their tv.
3. the only bathroom was attached to the bedroom...so if someone slept on the couch they had to go through the master bedroom to go to the bedroom.
4. DARK. no natural light, so the lights had to be on ALL the time.
5. no wi-fi in the bedroom. I had to go to the pool to get internet which was a big pain.
6. my mother's room, had no remote for the tv in the living room, air conditining was not working, (but was later fixed) no dishwasher soap, and half the dishes she was supposed to get.
7. Very noisy by the pool, the traffic is on the otherside of the pool...

Stayed at Orbit One other years, but it wasn't available this year, so we decided to try this resort. We were not impressed. Orbit one was better by far!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Royalpainjane
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This is a nice resort, we did have a complication with our stay but it was promptly resolved by the management.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family