“Dated and noisy”

Legacy Vacation Resorts
“Dated and noisy”
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

I usually wait until I get home to write my reviews but this is important. I read the reviews before coming here and I usually get a feel for a place by comparing the number of good vs the number of bad. This certainly is not a Wyndham but its all that was available last minute over spring break. This appears to be an old apartment complex that was converted to timeshare condos. The separation between our unit and the split next door is a typical home bedroom door. The trashy people next door seem to like their music and are loud. I tried reasoning with them at 2 AM to no avail. I called the front desk on two separate days for two separate incidents but they failed to do anything to quiet the people down. This place looks nothing like the website pictures. The only positive thing I can say is how the staff was on the day of check in. Don't convert your points to RCI you will be sorry. I have stayed at numerous Wyndhams around the country and they are top notch designed to be a timeshare from the start. I will never stay at an RCI property again.

Stayed March 2013
2 Thank derekl205
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Derek,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. We appreciate and respect your opinion. Please note that this is not the experience we pride ourselves on providing our valued guests.

Rest assured that your feedback is very important to us, and the service and response issues mentioned in your posting are being addressed and corrective measures taken.

Please note we are an older Vacation Ownership and during the early years of construction, the property was surrounded by open land. Since our development, commercial development has tripled and we are positioned in a high traffic and noise environment. We understand our location and do our best to provide the best vacation experience to our guests.

Thank you once again for taking the time to convey the details of your stay.

Legacy Vacation Club

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Collingwood, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I started visiting this resort with my husbands family probably 6 or 7 years ago. Over the past few years we have been noticing a decreasing in the quality and cleanliness of the rooms. The grounds however have improved significantly. But that is simply not enough to redeem this resort after this year. We had an incredibly frustrating and horrible experience with this resort this year, and don't see how we could ever possibly consider returning here.

We rent the three bedroom unit. Which are nice enough. Our was not a "redone" model but it was nice enough. Could have used a better cleaning as our feet were black after walking around the unit for a few hours.

Our experience started out with the water being out the first night we were there right around the dinner hour. The hotel did nothing to notify us as to what was happening and left us to all figure it out on our own. We had to go and buy water to prepare dinner. We got nothing even close to an apology from the resort for this. We were left until 11pm without water, showers, toilets, to which at 9pm the resort informed us that they had a unit open available for people to use the shower and washroom. (really?) Luckily we had other family there that were in the section that had water and were able to use their washroom.

The next morning we woke up ready to spend the day outside enjoying the weather and the pool, until my husband opened up a closet door in our room that housed the air conditioning for the unit. The bottom half of the closet was covered in black mold. Needless to say we were disgusted by this. I am pregnant and my young niece was staying in the unit as well so it really gave as a cause for concern as nobody should have been breathing in that. My hudband immediately complained because nobody would be sleeping in that bedroom. The resort said "oh, we can clean it." My husband just looked at him and said you've got to be kidding me, we both know that can't be cleaned, the drywall needs to be ripped out. To which they replied "we can do that." So they offered to move my husband and I and my BIL and family to another unit and separate us from my MIL and FIL. Kind of defeating the purpose of a family vacation. They claimed they had no other 3 bedroom units. After working on it all morning my husband finally got them to move things around so that our family could all stay together. The unit they moved us to was "redone" in one half. And seemed to be cleaned a little better, but best of all it had no mold.

We were blown away by how much work we had to do to get what we paid for and were completely disappointed with the lack of helpfulness by the staff. It was ridiculous. They should not have been allowed to rent out that room and we should not have had to fight that hard to get a clean one.

Another member of our party arrived a few days after we did. They had booked a 3 bedroom unit at the recommendation of my brother in law. When they arrived they were told there reservation had been changed (by them) and they were now in a two bedroom across the road. They were a group of 3 adults and 3 kids and would not by any stretch of the imagination have booked a very squished 2 bedroom. They ended up having it out with the resort as well and got their money back and ended up staying down the road at a brand new resort.

Certain members of my family stayed a week more than my husband and I did and let us know that the water was out another day on them and that they had to have someone come in to fix a broken toilet which kept overflowing.

I just have to say that I would not recommend this resort. If the customer service had been better it might have been a saving grace for them but it just wasn't there. They didn't seem to care. Maybe they just took the attitude that since they were so full already that they didn't really care if they had our business of not. (we visited another resort to see friends while in Florida, we were offered complementary drinks just for being asked to move our chairs so that they could do a little bit of construction on a gazebo, as well as being profusely apologized to, that is good customer service).

3 Thank Wintfp11
Dear WinterFP11,

Our number one focus and priority here at Legacy Vacation Club is providing our owners and guests with friendly and helpful service.

After researching the issues surrounding your stay we would like to take this opportunity to respond to the comments posted:

The water outage that occurred on Sunday 3/10/13 unfortunately was unforeseen and caused by a guest on site. The breakage occurred at 6:45pm. A plumber was contacted; due to the nature of the break it could not be handled internally by one of our team members. The plumber arrived onsite by 7:50pm, the leak was fixed by 9:00 pm. The plumber noted due to the drying time of the repair and the required pressure test needed it would be another 2 hours before the water could be turned on. Therefore the water was turned back on by 11:00pm. At the time of the break, our call center contacted each building, notifying those guests affected. We maintained contact during the entire duration of the outage. The resort also provided alternative accommodations for those guests who did not want to wait for the water to come back on and alternative rooms were provided for use, if needed. Our Market Place and Outdoor bar extended complimentary items for those who were affected by the water outage. On the contrary, the resort responded quickly and efficiently to the incident and praise and accolades were noted about the resort management and team on how professional the entire incident was handled. Resort Management was present during the entire time and did not leave until the issued was rectified.

With regards to the unit assigned, the engineering manager and front office manager both went to your unit and personally addressed the issue concerning mold near the HVAC closet. You were relocated to a new unit but during the time of the discussion with our management team, the members in your party became verbally loud and began yelling at the management team, who were trying to address and accommodate your request. Your party was also compensated for the (1) night during the water outage. The management team followed up several times during the duration of your stay with your family to ensure all was fine and apologies were extended by specific family member in your party to our team for the behavior of a member in your party. In addition to the initial apology made a follow up apology was extended to our front office manager for the behavior encountered by your party member after you had departed.

Again, we are truly sorry your resort experience and expectations were not met while vacationing with us at Legacy Vacation Club. Thank you again for your feedback and we respect your opinion on your vacation experience.

Kind Regards,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We love to go to Florida and have been going there for years. Legacy vacation club is one of the BEST. We love the location it close to all the things we love to do. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. We like that the location has 4 different pools and 4 hot tubs. The kids have all different kinds of activities to do. Grills are at all the pools for cook out with your family and friends. They have a pool bar at the main pool and movies at the pool in the evenings it's nice. You and swim and see a movie at the same time I love it !!!!
Thanks to all the staff for making a great vacation for us and we will be back.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Radspinner
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Dear Radspinner,

Reading your review brightens our day! Thank you for sharing the details of your stay with us.

Customer-service is our number one priority, so we're pleased to hear that our staff members were able to provide you with "friendly and helpful" service.

As a family-friendly resort we want to make sure that all members of the family enjoy their stay. We love that your kids enjoyed our swimming pools!

We hope you're able to visit us again in the future.

Guest Management
Calgary
Reviewed 22 March 2013

On the second last nite of our week stay March 3-10th my son in law and daughter heard noises at the door around 1:30 AM in their lock our suite next to ours and found two young men in the hallway of their room with a bucket of ice. They had a card key and said they were security but did not have any uniforms on and very quickly left. We called the front desk and he said it was a mistake and not to worry about it. We checked out that morning, a day earlier and got nothing from the staff other than they could find out from the key card info who came into our room. We never heard back from them.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Raymond L
Dear Raymond,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the perception created with our resort safety and security. The safety and security of our guests is our top priority and it disappoints us to know you left our resort with a negative experience. Please call 407-616-7533 to speak with our Security Manager about your experience.

Rest assured that your feedback is very important to us, and we hope to resolve this matter with you as soon as possible.

Thank you once again for taking the time to convey the details of your stay. We look forward to hearing from you.

canada
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We arrived the Saturday of March break on the 9th. We had reservations since early Nov thru RCI for a 2 bedroom unit and were told the 2nd bedroom had 2 beds (for the kids) We called a month out and within days of arriving requesting a quiet area, a room on the main side of the road and early check-in (2pm). We only had to wait 1/2hr, but it went downhill from there. We were on the upper level across from the basketball court and less than 25metres from the main road. Upon walking up our stairs we encountered lots of cigarette ashes. We opened the door and were overwhelmed with the smoking smell. It was awful. My wife immediately went to the front desk and asked for a room change- the manager said there was nothing else available all week unless we wanted across the street (not what we requested)
The first 2 nights there were kids and young adults playing some intense basketball all over the courts until 12:30am... this area was suppose to be closed at 11pm. There was no security anywhere, I even called at 12:00am and no security came out. I never saw any security the whole time we were there. I was awoken on 2 other nights at 2am with some young adults circling our building and other buildings. Anyone can walk off the street at any entrance and use the facilities anytime. Plus we were right by the road with ambulance, fire and police running at all hours, day and night.
Among other aspects, We had badly ripped bed sheets on our bed, floor mounding we kept tripping over, a dryer that was so loud, we had to walk away from our unit to talk to each other and the kids had to sleep in a single bed together. (and I do have picture proof)
The bartender, Ron (I believe), was very nice, courteous and helped with some dinner suggestions. The grounds were well maintained and manicured too. The inside of our unit had new paint, new carpet but old smelly furniture. The new tiling on the counter-tops looked like a child did them- extremely uneven and bad grouting (even at the pool bar). It looks like there is 'some effort', but you can not mask poor quality that with 'some' effort. It did look like the 'owner' side of the resort had nice rooms. I got to peek in a few when I met some people.
We have stayed at several RCI properties in the area. This does not compare at all. It should not be on the RCI list. We tried to have RCI move us to another place, but nothing was available. I would not recommend this resort because of the noise(or potential noise) and because of the lack of security (there is none). We had to stay, but left early. I had better sleeps in the Comfort Inn Suites and Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Go see the pool bartender- great for service and local info
Dear FinPlan,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology that the resort and your accommodations did not meet your expectations. Please note that this is not the experience we pride ourselves on providing our valued guests.

Unfortunately, not all of our units have been fully renovated therefore during high season it becomes more of a challenge to accommodate and place many of our guest types into renovated units. The resort does have a renovation plan and each year a certain number of units are scheduled for renovation. Our goal is to have all the units renovated over a timed and scheduled plan. We recognize the need for renovation and our resort is fully engaged in this process.

The resort has 24 hour security, so it concerns us to hear that while you were staying with us you never witnessed our security presence. Our Security Manager has been advised and the concerns have been addressed.

Legacy Vacation Club has a non-smoking policy with all our interior units but the policy does not limit a guest from smoking outside their unit. This does not excuse the resort from keeping a neat and tidy area free of cigarette remains and debris. Resort cleanliness is a top priority and we apologize that this was not the first impression upon arrival.

Thank you once again for taking the time to convey the details of your stay. We appreciate your feedback and again apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Guest Management
Fort Pierce, FL
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We booked a one bedroom with a great rate - was a little worried as we drive to the place - most of Kissimmee hotels are pretty scary, especially at night - but we gave it a chance. Check in was very quick and we found our place which essentially was a timeshare that we booked at a hotel rate.

Rooms were big, our room had an awesome patio we sat out on and grabbed some unsecured wifi from across the street because the hotel didn't seem to offer it. We were about 20 minutes from the Disney parks

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Dear Guest,

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Kissimmee. We think that one of the great advantages of our resort compared to others is the space, which you mentioned. Our units are large, giving you lots of room to spread out and feel like you're at home - not in a tiny cramped hotel room.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review - we truly appreciate it and hope you'll keep us in mind when planning your next getaway.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We have stayed here in the past and since arriving this trip we have noticed many changes in the look and feel of the resort. The staff has improved dramatically in their friendliness and willingness to get the job done right. The grounds are tidy and the rooms seem better than ever, the bar has improved as well.

We had no issues with our villa, it was well stocked with the necessary items and was very clean to boot. We are owners here and hope the current management continues to make this place better and better.

We hope to return many times with our grand kids, keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Stay close to the main pool, we were in the 500 building.
1 Thank Bart S
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Bart,

Thank you so much for this positive review of your stay at Legacy Vacation Club in Kissimmee!

We've put forth a lot of effort into renovating and remodeling our resort, and it's so good to hear that these changes haven't gone unnoticed.

We certainly hope you'll be able to return - even better if it's with the grandkids!

Hope to see you again soon.

Legacy Vacation Club
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Seasons Florida Resort
Star Island Resort and Club
Star Island Resort and Club
#23 of 152 in Kissimmee
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista

Been to Legacy Vacation Resorts? Share your experiences!