“very clean and friendly staff”

Legacy Vacation Resorts
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed here for a week end of September, it was a very nice 3 bedroom apartment with 2 bathrooms just for myself and my husband.Staff were very friendly and approachable. Had nothing to complain about at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Hi Angie,

We really appreciate your review, thanks you for taking the time to leave these comments about your stay. We're thrilled to see you enjoyed your accommodations as well as your entire vacation with us. We especially appreciate the nice comments regarding our staff!

Please come visit us in the future, we'd love to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Legacy Vacation Resorts

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Great hotel for the value. We went up for Epcot Food and Wine Festival and purchased via Groupon. Stayed in a two bedroom which combined a studio unit with a one bedroom unit. Full kitchen with brand new appliances and granite countertops. Unfortunately we didn't get any use out if it. Comfortable beds. Clean throughout. Great location. Very close to lots of places to eat and all the parks. Mostly why I'm writing this is because of what happened after our stay there. We checked out Sunday and that night once we were back home in Miami we realized my husband had left his wedding band in a drawer in the room. Frantically we called but of course security was closed on a Sunday night. The next morning I called first thing in the morning to find out the they still were not sure if the ring had turned up and that someone had already checked into our room; this made us even more doubtful. A couple of ours later Carlos ( didn't get his last name) called me to let me know the ring had been found! Hallelujah!!!! Later that afternoon Ashley Connely called to coordinate UPS to get the ring back to us.  This reaffirmed my belief in the goodness and honesty of others. True customer service at its finest. I am forever grateful!!!!

1  Thank Jenny N

Hello Jenny,

Wow! What a lovely review. First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to leave these details. We really appreciate it.

It's lovely to see that the accommodations were to your liking. But what we're especially happy about is that our staff was able to help you recover a precious piece of jewelry. Our team is made up of some wonderful staff members, and we really take pride in our customer service.

We really hope you'll be able to visit us in the future. We'd love to see you again!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed in a 2bed/2bath unit in mid-September. The reviews on here had become increasingly negative in the time leading up to our trip, so I decided (based on reviews and suggestions) to call a few weeks prior to request an updated room. I even called a few days before our arrival to make sure the request was still notated for an updated room and to
also let them know of our expected arrival time (this was suggested to me after my first call). The same gal answered on both calls and was extremely nice.

When we arrived, the front desk check in staff was friendly and accommodating. The grounds seemed beautiful; the main pool area wasn't overly crowded and had families relaxing around a nice waterfront. I was very excited to get our keys and see the newly renovated room and
gorgeous grounds!

Then it happened... We had to leave the pretty, updated main area we had just fallen in love with and were put a set of buildings farther down on another road that backed up to the nice main area. This area didn't look the same - At all. This unit was not what we were expecting.

After a few weeks of reflection on our stay with Legacy, I'll list some Pros and Cons.

Pros: Pools were scattered about the property and appeared to be well maintained. Check in and check out were smooth and the staff we encountered were friendly. Location was great in relation to the area attractions. Though it is on a busy road, it was convenient to groceries, restaurants, gas, etc. There were plenty of towels in the unit for both bathing and using the pool. The beds, bedding and pillows were clean and reasonably comfortable in both bedrooms. The A/C, though loud, worked fantastically. Kitchen was equipped to handle us for the week, though truthfully we didn't do too much of our own cooking. The time share presentation was probably the most reasonable one I've ever experienced.

Cons: The vent in the master bathroom didn't work (traveling with 2 males, we made an immediate bee-line to Publix for air freshener). The fridge stuck out at a weird angle and made it really hard to utilize a portion of the countertop. The furniture was worn (lamp in living room
was broken, arms of couch were black, glass table looked like it had seen MANY better days). There were doors on the cabinets in the bathroom and kitchen didn't fit or close properly. The area right outside the front door had litter on the ground and in the bushes. There was a random cat that would try to run into our unit every time we opened our door for 2 of the 7 days. The Jacuzzi in the master bathroom had the most foul, putrid smell when we ran the jets. We tried more than once! The entire unit stunk each time for at least an hour afterward (remember, the vent didn't work).

I did mention a few of our room issues to a member of the staff and she said she'd notify her manager. We never heard anything beyond that. I could be wrong, but I honestly feel that we were put in a non-updated unit because we were the guests of an RCI owner. I know that not all
requests can be honored, but this was after Labor Day and I never saw a full parking lot in the resort. It could have been worse, but we expected a lot better - Especially when they're trying to recruit new owners and all the competition in the region.

Had we been able to stay in an updated, clean room, I believe that this review would have gotten 5 stars. All I can rate and comment on was the unit they gave us. Would we return? I'm not sure. I think it would all hinge on which part of the resort we were placed. Would we specifically come back to the unit in which we stayed? No.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JennHas2Ns
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I reviewed this resort previously in 2012 and rated it 5 stars.
This was my second full week here and my opinions have only gone up. I have monitored the feedback via Trip advisor since my last review and it astonishes me that people are unhappy at Legacy.
Upon check in, everyone was very polite and professional. What really impressed me this time is my room was ready before check in time - as I arrived significantly early due to a tail wind on my flight. When we arrived at our room, the lemon scent that I remember so well from last year was present again. I had been told that the room had been renovated; but still had the Jacuzzi tub which I was VERY happy about. It had a new granite counter top, the carpet had been removed and the dining table was not the small Euro style. I was very happy to see it had not changed much.
After getting settled, I spoke with Craig at the concierge desk and arranged a tour of the resort. Granted this took me a few minutes to arrange as I am not over 25, not married and my girlfriend and I do not have the same address on our drivers licenses. But after a few moments, we made an arrangement to meet with a sales representative the following morning. I must say, to own a room at Legacy is a fantastic deal, which I am happy to say I am seriously considering. It was great that they accommodated my request though I did not meet all of their terms and conditions.
Unfortunately for the second year, I still did not use the spa.

I would sincerely recommend Legacy to anyone looking to have a great time. The location is SUPER. The grounds are very well kept and the people are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 522B and with the exception of a few noisy neighbors while moving out, we were not...
1  Thank zorak442

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a returning guest! We're so happy to see that we continue to provide you with a memorable vacation experience.

We really appreciate the nice comments regarding our staff members; our team is comprised of hardworking individuals that we couldn't be prouder of.

Please let us know if you have any other questions in regards to becoming an owner. We'd love to have you join our family!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

It was our first time coming as a family to Orlando and it was perfect. We loved how clean and nice the property was an the staff was very nice.My kids really enjoyed the fun zone area and the pool! It was nice to be only 10 mins from Disney world and 5 mins from walmart. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank randoltl
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Guest,

We're thrilled to hear that you had a great vacation with us here at Legacy Vacation Club in Kissimmee! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review, it means a lot to us. We appreciate all of the nice comments you had to make regarding our amenities and grounds.

Please keep us in mind for future vacations, we'd love to see you again!

Best,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great property. We stayed in a unit that has not yet been remodeled but it was still a great unit and we thought the accommodations were modern and nice. Huge rooms and huge unit. 6 adults could be very comfortable here. Appliances were like new. Close to all the action. Very reasonably priced! Minor nicks and scratches here and there. Did not have every possible kitchen tool or pans. Did not have blackout curtains. Jacuzzi tub did not work.

Dear Guest,

We'd like to thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely 5-star review! We're so happy to read that you had a positive experience at our resort.

Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences you experienced with your unit. We try to keep our kitchens as stocked as possible, so guests have everything they need to prepare meals. We hope this did not affect your stay too much.

Please keep us in mind for future vacations, we'd love to see you again!

Best,

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We had family of five stay at this resort. The accomodations were great. We had everything we would want and we were close to all of the attractions. The staff was great and they even provided free amenities and replenished them when needed. I would definitely bring my family back there again. Not to mention the fun people that we met while staying here. A great family vacation for all! The staff were all wonderful and friendly too.

• Stayed: October 2013
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. We couldn't be happier to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks for the nice comments regarding our staff; we especially appreciate this. Providing a wonderful vacation experience is our utmost priority and we're able to do this thanks to our hardworking staff members.

Please come visit us again, we would love to see you!