“great personal service”

Legacy Vacation Resorts
Reviewed 12 December 2013

stayed here using my timeshare,6/4 accomodation,for a party of 6,upon arrival was assigned a small 1 bed+sofabed unit,returned to reception and immedially was assigned a larger unit. the staff was super,so accommodating that I felt compelled to apologize for making an issued of the room size. Our unit was clean,comfortable,and it had a large living room and kitchen,the grounds were spotless.Definitely will stay there again. TO ALL STAFF MEMBERS;THANK U AND KEEP THE GREAT,AMAZING ATTITUDE THAT U SERVE US.THIS IS MY FIRST REVIEW,MOTIVATED BY YOUR SERVICE,OWNER AND RCI MEMBER SINCE 1980.

Room Tip: I was on first,very quiet and convenient,plenty of parking in front
2  Thank carmen b
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Hi Carmen

Thank you so much for your kind words and look forward to seeing you again real soon at one of our resorts.

Legacy Vacation Club

Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We would like to said the staff at Legacy Orlando are great. The staff are VERY HELPFUL!!!
All the things we needed to make are stay great we're there in minutes. We were at the resort form Nov 1st tell Dec 6th and if we could We would move in. I would like to take the time to thank all the people working to make are vacation great.
John and Jose in the sales department.
Serena, Jose, Greg, Ron, Craig, Louise, Ashlee, Jess we love you all I can't wait tell February to come back for a month.

Keep up all the good work!!!!!
You are all Great
Thank you from the bottom of are heart.
Greg and Lynn Radspinner.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Radspinner
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hello Radspinner

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review. We're so happy that you had a pleasant stay at our resort. We hope you'll be back soon to visit us again.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I will start this reveiw by saying that we are owners with both Hilton and Marriott Vacation Clubs, and have travelled quite significantly. We normally travel to FL at least 1-2x per year and we do typically stay at a Hilton or Marriott property -- but we have stayed at other resorts as well over the last 15 years that my husband and I have been travelling together. We are in our late 30's and have a 21 mos old son, and we were really excited for this trip! The resort looked great online -- there were some negative reviews but also many positive, and the resort had supposedly just gone through a major costly renovation. We had RCI points that we had to use, so we booked with Legacy, and we booked a 3 bedroom to accomodate us, as well as my sister/brother-in-law and there 2 children.

Upon arrival to the hotel, the lobby and main reception area were decorated for Christmas and looked great (we were checking in on 11/23/13) -- the staff was friendly and we were able to check into our room rather quickly, given how busy the resort was.

We decided to run to Target to get a few things before actually going to the room...so we went shopping and returned shortly after. We thankfully left everything in the car (luggage and groceries) as I was just focused on getting my exhausted toddler settled in the condo. As we walked up to the condo, I did not have a good feeling -- the steps seemed dirty, lighting was poor...and then we get to the door. The door was very dated, thin (for an exterior door), and seemed unsafe -- door knobs and locks were very old/loose. As soon as we walked in, my jaw literally hit the floor -- the floor was disgustingly dirty, the entire condo was dated (think Threes Company and the Ropers living room) it was dark, dank, and smelly. The ceilings were so low, I felt like I was in a basement apartment. The dishwasher did not fit properly and was a complete hazard -- of which my son was immediately drawn to (it stuck out about 3 inches from the cabinets and was sharp). Our 3 bedroom was NOT a traditional 3 bedroom.....it was a "lock-off" and required us to exit the main condo and enter through another door. The master bedroom has mirrors on the walls....carpet was filthy.

Obviously, we were very unhappy. I immediately called the front desk, and they advised they could move us to a more updated room......updated means updated furniture. 2nd room/condo was still just as filthy, just as unsafe, it was so dirty, I would not even let my son down -- I held him the entire time we were there. I then told my husband that there was absolutely NO way I would stay here and that I was emberassed to have my sister/brother-in-law stay here with us.

We got on the phone with Marriott Vacation Club and they were able to book us a REAL 3 bedroom villa at one of their AMAZING properties in the Orlando area (Grande Vista), where we have stayed previously.

The front desk called the room to see if we were happier (while we were trying to book with Marriott), and I advised them of how unhappy we still were and that I was actually concerned about our safety/health and that we would be checking out ASAP. They apologized and said that a manager would call me, but they did not call before we left.

We drove to the new resort, got settled, and then my hubby had to go back to get the baby items we had rented and had delivered to Legacy (crib/wagon/etc). He then checked us out (with the same girl that checked us in just a few hours earlier) and she said not ONE word...just simply checked us out 7 days early...no I'm sorry...nothing. They actually make you sign a waiver upon check in that if you check out early you get no refund, etc -- this should have been a tip off to us that something was not quite right.

I get that some people may enjoy the resort and may be OK with it...we howerver, clearly were not. And I dont normally write reviews...but I felt compelled to let others that my be used to the quality and cleanliness/safety of Hilton and Marriott that they should absolutely not stay here under ANY circumstances. You actually could not pay me to stay here.

After we returned home I contacted Hilton Grand Vacation Club/RCI and they handled the situation with complete professionalism. They also advised me that the resort is NOT approved by Hilton and does not meet Hilton standards.....we booked online through the HGVC/RCI site, so did not know this. If we ever book a non-Hilton resort again, we will most definitely call and book through HGVC/RCI, as they can tell you this information over the phone and suggest you stay elsewhere.

2  Thank Whiting16804

Dear Whiting16804,

Legacy Vacation Club has been providing quality vacations throughout Florida, and we pride ourselves on exceptional service and hospitality.

Occasionally, unfortunate situations arise and we are unable to accommodate our guests based on their wants and needs. Our team worked extremely hard to accommodate your family but our efforts went unresolved and your family elected to relocate to a Marriott resort nearby. We reached out to you directly to see if we could regain your confidence with our resort but you declined and reiterated, your choice of resorts is and will always be Marriott.

Our resort location is older but we are fully engaged in a renovation plan that does not depict a product that is dated and aged. We have full confidence in the safety, security and integrity of our resort and we take every measure possible to ensure that level of confidence is experienced by all vacationing guests.

We are sorry and disappointed that our resort did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your candor and honesty regarding your choice to relocate to a different resort and respect your decision... Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback regarding our services and resort experience.

Legacy Vacation Club Management

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here with my family after a Disney Cruise, we had a 2 Bedroom w/Jacuzzi, full kitchen & extra amenities. I must say after coming off a Cruise it felt like we never left. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The room was very clean and comfortable, plus the kids loved the activities they had. My Husband & I were able to relax at the Pool Bar. The location is perfect for all the major attractions. I highly recommend this resort & look forward to spending my next vacation here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this fantastic five-star review! We really appreciate the comments regarding our rooms and especially our staff. Customer service is our top priority and we're happy we were able to provide you with a pleasant experience.

Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I found the resort had friendy staff, great location and more space than I ever needed.

Close to Disney and all the sites we wanted to see, but away from the bumper to bumper traffic which was nice

A great place to stay with the family and friends

Bill H/NY

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Bill!

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review. We're so happy that you had a pleasant stay at our resort. We hope you'll be back to visit us again in the future! It would be lovely to see you again.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We spent a week at the club. There were good things, location, grounds very well kept and very clean, good space, and there were activities if you were interested. The laundry in room is great. The staff is friendly and there is not a hard sell for a timeshare like at so many vacation clubs in Orlando. The downside - we booked a 3 bedroom condo and arrived to find we got 2 units that we had to request be unlocked to be connected. One of the bedrooms was a sleeper sofa--not a bedroom so I was very unhappy. The master bedroom had a huge whirlpool tub but no full shower. They had a rig that let you take a shower sitting in the sunken whirlpool tub. This was ridiculous not to be disclosed prior to booking. The toilet overflowed the second night, they brought us new towels quickly but that was it. No plumber, no plunger - not another word. The kitchen has a nice amount of cooking equipment but 4 forks, 4 spoons, 4 knives -not enough for a family of 5 to have a meal. When we checking out, the housekeeper descended on our room before we pulled out of the parking lot to officially check-out. It made us very uncomfortable, like we were being watched. It was not close to checkout time, we left early.

Room Tip: Room was quiet but be sure to ask about how the bathroom and 3rd bedroom are configured. Won't...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to ensure that each and every guest has a positive vacation experience.

We sincerely apologize for not meeting your overall expectations with your unit and having left our resort with a less that positive experience. We do have various room types, sizes and upgrades available which we could have better accommodated you in. We apologize for the confusion and not having the opportunity to provide you with those options during your stay.

We do appreciate the positive feedback provided with your posting. We will certainly let our team know and pass along the positive accolades.

Thank you once again for taking the time to convey the details of your stay.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I enjoyed most of our stay at Legacy Vacation club, I've read a lot of concerns about the rooms but we didn't have a problem. They checked us in on time and we didn't get put across the street our room looked great. Some things I was a little confused about was the times some of the amenities were opened. The Activity Center had a sign that stated it was staffed at 10 am but there was no one there till later. Then I went to play blackjack as it was on the Activities Guide but no one showed up, there was a few of us waiting for it and one of the guys went to the front to ask. I was later told the guy went home, how is it on the guide but no one was there? Seems unorganized to m

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to Legacy Vacation Club in Kissimmee, Florida. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations with our resort sponsored Activities. Please note that this is not the experience we pride ourselves on providing our valued guests.
Our Activities Team members are onsite from the hours of 10am to 8pm. The actual hours of operations for the Activities Center 7am-11pm. Although many of the resort activities are held in the activities center we do host several activities at different locations within the resort. Proper signage should be posted when team members are not present at the Activities Center. Our weekly activities schedule is very structured and well planned. We do have times where an activity is cancelled due to turn out, weather and impeding circumstances.
Unfortunately during your vacation with us, we failed to communicate and host the events and activities that were scheduled. We are extremely sorry you and your family missed the opportunity to participate and enjoy the Black Jack activity.
We have addressed and communicated with the Activities Department and corrective measures were taken. Thank you again and we truly appreciate and value your input and feedback about your vacation experience.