“,,,,,,Water,,,,,”

Legacy Vacation Resorts
Dayton,Mt.
“,,,,,,Water,,,,,”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This place has POTENTIAL. Our water was light yellow colored, the jacuzzi was ornamental due to the fact that there was inadequate hot water to fill it,,the showers, dishwasher, and clothes washer were also ineffectual because of the same inadequacy. A strict water usage schedule must be used here. ALSO,,,the toilet in guest bath was very slow and eventually failed. To obtain a plunger here you must go through quite a process. It seems the only available one is LOCKED in a maintenance shed "somewhere". It was finally delivered by a gentleman who offered no apology but only a lecture on how to hold the handle down till the flush is complete. At least we think that was it as his English was very poor.
Anyway it is a fairly nice place and we we may even return but we surely will not invite guests

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pvtycby
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Pvtycby,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology that your accommodations did not fully meet your expectations. Please note that this is not the experience we pride ourselves on providing our valued customers. We would like to take this opportunity to address some of the items mentioned in your posting.

Our water is provided to our resort by the City of Kissimmee, Florida and we normally never have complaints concerning the water quality but we will look into and address accordingly. With regards to the limited amount of hot water provided in your unit, this could be a malfunction with the hot water heater provided in the unit. Routine inspections are performed by our Engineering department. We will look into this matter further.

We apologize for the response time with plungers. We do not provide them in the units for sanitary reasons but we do have an ample supply of plungers on hand. We will also be addressing and coaching our team members with regards to guest communication.

Overall, we are pleased that you enjoyed your time here at Legacy Vacation Club, in Kissimmee Florida. Again, we appreciate your feedback and candor and we are grateful you are giving us another opportunity to regain your confidence by returning to our resort in the future.

Legacy Vacation Club

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Trenton, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2014

we stayed @ Legacy for almost 3 months last winter. The place and people there were fabulous. anything you want, just ask and they will do their absolute best to be accommodating. There was only one thing that I missed and that was a balcony but on my second visit I mentioned this and was given a suite on the third floor where there was a huge outdoor patio for our exclusive use. In Dec. when I saw how large the unit was I invited some family to join us and in Jan I had expected to have only a hotel room and was given the third floor suite which was beautiful. so my family came and stayed with us. We had fun playing bingo, arranged by Ashlee, by the pool and won a couple bar drinks. The pool water was perfect temp. This year I gave a week to my daughter and husband for Christmas and when we got there, found that we had been given a beautiful one bedroom suite overlooking the firepit.. (this is just this week) and I see all new lounge furniture by the pool. The tiki bar has a couple big tvs for sporting events or whatever you want to watch. Ron, the bartender makes everyone feel welcome and serves amazing drinks. You can't go wrong staying at Legacy on Poinciana. Thanks for a great place to holiday. and may I also mention that the location is perfect. close to Old Town, Buena Vista Outlet mall ,& a short hop to Disney. very convenient.

Room Tip: arrive early and check your room , if it's not what you want, ask if there is another availabl...
2 Thank bettybeer
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Hi BettyBeer

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We will for sure pass on the positive words to the team.

Be sure to come back and visit us again soon.

maryland
Reviewed 28 January 2014

After reading some of the bad reviews, I was really nervous about staying at this place .We were using an RCI week. I called about a week before arriving, and spoke with a manager named Sarina. I explained my main concern, which was cleanliness, as I was bringing a food allergic child. She assured me that she would do everything she could to provide us with a nice stay. THANK YOU SERINA! Our room was spotless. I am aware that this hotel has a lot of different room options. The room that they gave us was pretty big, as it was a lock off. So, we had our main room, which was a nice sized kitchen, dining area, living room, master bed with king sized bed, and master bath with large Jacuzzi tub and shower. The lock off section was a den/sitting room with hide a bed couch, bathroom with smaller Jacuzzi tub and shower, and bedroom with 2 double beds. We had plenty of room. We also had the washer and dryer.

This resort is in the perfect location. We were never more than 5 minutes from a Target, Walmart, Publix, Dollar store, liquor store, Walgreens, and lots of restaurants. To name a few: Longhorn, Olive Garden, Chilli's, Ci Ci's pizza, Macaroni grill and Red Lobster. We were about 15 minutes away from Sea World, and about 10-15 away from Disney parks and DTD.

Check in was quick and easy. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. I called for blankets, and they were there in 5 minutes. Check out was done over the phone. Again, quick and easy.

If you don't go expecting a completely updated, beautiful resort, than you will be fine. We did not do much exploring outside, as it was cold, and we were busy doing the Disney thing. But they do have a lot going on. We saw several pools, and a put put course. There was also a paper given to me with daily activities for the kids. Some were free, others were low cost. (few dollars).

They do have a lot of work to do. I do believe that when all of the updates are done, it will be a really nice place. Our kitchen was updated, and the floors throughout seemed new(ish). There was defiantly some cosmetic issues. All of the beds were comfortable. Even though we have stayed at much prettier, and up to date hotels in this area, I would stay here again. Simply for knowing how clean the units were, and how perfect the location was. Also, knowing how much the staff wants you to enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Call before you go, and request what you want. No guarantees, but I do feel like they will help you...
1 Thank mkmaj
Dear MKMAJ,

Thank you for choosing to vacation at Legacy Vacation Club in Kissimmee Florida. We appreciate the positive feedback about our resort and team! We couldn’t be happier that you enjoyed your experience, and we will certainly pass along the accolades to the entire team. We look forward to your return to the Kissimmee/Orlando area.

Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Nice resort have also stayed on a previous occasion BUT beware when you make a booking as although you may think you are booking directly with the hotel you may find that a third party travel company have hi-jacked the booking and will rip you off

2 Thank John F
Dear John F

Thank you and we appreciate your feedback concerning your vacation experience here at Legacy Vacation Club, Kissimmee. Thank you for bringing to our attention some of the details with your on line booking. Although there are various site engines that do promote our resort we do have our own on-line website that you can book our resorts direct (www.legacyvacationclub.com).

Overall, we are so pleased you had a great experience with us and we appreciate the positive feedback about our resort.

Thank you once again for taking the time to convey the details of your stay and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Like others before me I did my research before staying here. My gut told me this place might be trouble and it was...

First, before booking I attempted to research the rooms across several places for reviews, pics and anything helpful before booking. I spent hours doing my research and am a very experienced traveller. My wife loves a whirlpool tube so that fact alone limits our options. I tried calling the location for more information and after long waits to connect I was disconnected twice after finally reaching a human. Then called a different extension and got routed to India customer no service. And while all this is happening the Legacy website went down. At this point I should have just realized fate is telling me to walk away.

Well I ended up booking it anyway thinking I had the correct info about the property and room types. Figured the other reviewers were just overly picky and the most common problem was getting a room that wasn't renovated. So after booking a room that was guaranteed to be renovated, I thought everything would be great...

So we finally arrive for an 8 night vacation. We didn't arrive till 2am and checked in. No problems there, lady at the front was very nice, but a few fries short of a happy meal if you get my drift. Parking passes are required for all vehicles parked on the property. We had a small trailer with us and when I asked about parking the trailer with a pass she assumed it would remain attached to our cargo van the entire time here... *headintodesk moment... We received a temp parking pass because for some strange reason they couldn't issue a real pass after hours. Ok no big deal...

Our next problem at the property is she told us to go to the wrong building. Its a big property and at night feels even bigger because you can't see where anything is. After spending several minutes walking around with our bags in hand in the middle of the night we determined our unit is on the other side of the rental office requiring us to hop back into the van and drive over to the correct building. Clearly my mistake here is trusting the employees to know where our unit would be on a map that they circle and then tell you exactly how to get to it. Lesson learned! And keep in mind we just unhitched our trailer in the wrong lot, where it stayed the remainder of our trip. At this point I just said *uck it.

Now its 4am and we are checked in and finally going to bed. 9:30am the front desk calls to remind us to get our real parking pass. Why thank you so much for reminding us of a fact that totally eluded us while we are dead asleep!

The next part of this review is the most disappointing and why you should not stay at this property. We were given a "renovated" unit. The problems found in this 2 bed deluxe suite (most expensive option on their property) were inexcusable. We found a couple wiring issues that were code violations, dirty vents with mold/mildew, laughable high speed internet (terrible speed and didn't work in certain rooms) and several smaller issues that screamed shotty work while building or fixing up the unit. I know a few things about construction and let me tell ya this was horrible work and done by unqualified contractors. City of Kissimmee, time for surprise inspections *wink wink*

The next issue during our stay was maybe bad timing and shotty neighbors. But the middle of our stay found us all being woken up at 1am due to the fire alarm. Now I'm all for safety but this turned out to be a false alarm. Heres how I know this property is doomed and not worth staying at ever. The false alarm continued for over 30 mins with the alarm going off at deafening levels. There was no communication from the property of it being real or a false alarm. No emergency vehicles arrived. After 20 minutes I called security on site and they told me it was a false alarm. When asked why the alarm is still going off... get ready for it, the nice lady replies that it was most likely set off by the cold 40 degree weather. Wow sign this lady up for SNL Celebrity Jeopardy!

I did complain to the complex about these issues. The next day I received a call from management and we arranged for a meeting the following morning. I was shocked that I had 3 members of management at my door ready to listen and fix my problems. I spoke with them for a good 30 minutes and walked them around our unit showing them the issues. Some things were taken care off immediately and that was great. Some just had to wait until we left. Overall I was satisfied with the response and repairs. They even gave a couple gifts that while nice were not what I was looking for. I spent over $1200 on a weeks stay and they tried to make it up with under $50 of trinket junk. Thanks but not impressed with a cheap bottle of champagne wrapped in a basket with...wait for it...a pack of golden grams cereal and a breakfast snack bar. Now I love Golden Grams but seriously this was a joke of an apology. They also gave us $40 in legacy bucks which I assume are good in their gift shops and other areas but we honestly never used them and left them in the room at checkout.

If you have read this far, and still are considering staying here, make sure you don't value sleep. My last two complaints deal with the noise issues on the property. If you are in a room like we were and its near a pool, forget about getting any sleep after 8:30am till 11pm daily. The pool near us was blasting music that literally kept me awake during those hours meaning I couldn't sleep in past 8:30am or go to bed early without fighting the music.

The other issue with noise is you can hear everything with your neighbors. Outside your doorway, between walls and especially windows. We had extremely bad neighbors, and it was 2 different sets in the same unit. I know this isn't the property's fault but it says a lot about the construction and design. The best/worst moment with our neighbors is when one of them drunk decided to come knocking at our unit at 2am thinking it was theirs.

I cannot stress enough how much time and effort I put into searching for a quality villa in Orlando. I am a very seasoned business traveller averaging 100 nights a year in hotels. I have done several trips to Orlando in the past couple years and am learning the area well. If I was fooled into thinking this was a good place to stay, I can only imagine how many other families will be duped. Trust me, not worth the money, find a better place to stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Joe W
Dear Mr. StartrekCaptain,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to Legacy Vacation Club in Kissimmee, Florida. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations with our resort. Please note that this is not the experience we pride ourselves on providing our valued guests.

Our management team did respond to your concerns and those concerns were addressed and corrected immediately. We offered to relocate you to another unit due to the noise volume generated by a neighboring guest as well as the outdoor music that played during the day but you declined and stated you did not want to move. Our team made every effort to accommodate you and your family but unfortunately our best effort and attempts were not enough to regain your confidence.

Again, we appreciate your feedback, candor and opinion regarding your vacation.

Legacy Vacation Club

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Meppel, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We recently stayed at the legacy hotel for a week and it was a very pleasant stay.
Everything was nice and clean, enough towels for the pool and to shower with.
The people who worked there were very nice and helpfull. If we just mentioned something like:
"We are going out to diner" they already wrote the best local restaurants on a piece of paper for us. That was amazing. And after diner we could just sit at the bar with our bartender Ron who took amazing care of us and the rest of the people at the bar. So thanks to all the people that work there. We had an amazing time there and we will probably come back to the same hotel next year!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ruben D
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Hi Ruben

Thank you so much for your kind words and for your great review of the resort. At Legacy we pride ourselves with having excellent customer service. We will mention your comments to Ron.

Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to having you come back to visit us again real soon.

Guest Services
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Pros :

-Good looking resort
-Relatively calm area
-Pools, spas, etc
-In room bathtub is a spa
-Free parking

Cons :

-No room service unless you stay there 8 days or more (so no additional coffee after first one and it's 1$ per additional coffee pouch, no new towels, nobody empties trash cans, etc).
-No in room microwave or fridge. However you can ask the employee at the marketplace (small restaurant at reception) to use the microwave.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Joker 18,

Thank you so much for the providing us with feedback on your most recent stay at Legacy Vacation Club in Kissimmee. We are so pleased to hear about the highlights of your stay. We would like to take this opportunity to address some points mentioned and provide further clarification.

• Please accept our sincere apology for the misconception regarding our resort services. As a vacation ownership resort, it is not standard practice to offer daily housekeeping services. We do recognize that many visiting guests, who are renting a suite with us, are accustomed to hotel services and prefer daily cleaning, which we do offer but the service is at an additional fee. This additional fee would also cover the emptying and removing of trash as well. Clean towels can be exchanged at anytime upon request in exchange for used towels.

• We do provide a starter pack for each unit but items such as coffee, laundry detergent and dishwasher detergent are provided but as you mentioned for an additional fee. Because we are a vacation ownership, providing these complimentary amenities is not usually customary in a vacation ownership environment.

• We do have various room sizes, bedroom types and room layouts available that do include a microwave and refrigerator in the unit. Our smaller hotel style unit types do not include a mini fridge and microwave and is stated on our Legacy website.

Thank you once again for taking the time to convey the details of your stay. We truly appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Orlando/Kissimmee area.

Guest Services
Legacy Vacation Club
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Seasons Florida Resort
Star Island Resort and Club
Star Island Resort and Club
#21 of 152 in Kissimmee
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista

Been to Legacy Vacation Resorts? Share your experiences!