“good affordable place to stay”

Legacy Vacation Resorts
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I just came from a two night stay at the legacy resort I want everyone to know how good it is the place was clean they treat me very well I have special needs which they met I would recommend this to anyone . I would strongly recommend an upgrade to the WiFi system.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigatordog
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hi bigatordog

Thanks so much for the kind words and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We will take note about the Wi-Fi issue.

Legacy Vacation Club

Write a ReviewReviews (1,287)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Legacy was one of the highlights on our trip to Florida. I cannot say enough nice things about the accommodations and the staff. I had pre-booked one night for a Jr. Suite for myself and my eight year old son. As other reviewers had recommended, I asked for an updated room on the main property. Check-in was very fast; Sylvia was the front desk clerk who helped me and she said if I didn't like the room to come back and she could find another. The room itself was nice enough, but because it was on the 2nd floor (no elevator, I had heavy luggage) and because the view was the air conditioners outside, I decided to ask for another room on the first floor. Sylvia was more than gracious in accommodating my request and actually upgraded us to a one bedroom on the first floor overlooking the fountain area. I was amazed! The room was beautiful, spacious, clean, quiet... everything one could hope for. My son was so excited, he videotaped the room to email my husband. We LOVED staying here and enjoyed the pool. The highlight of the evening was the in-room hottub bubble bath (he may or may not have dumped in an entire bottle of shampoo to see how high the bubbles would rise.) We were sad to have to check out the next morning but were excited because our plans for the next two nights included a stay at a water park hotel in Orlando. Sylvia was there at check out and I thanked her for being so kind to us. We went on our way. But the story doesn't end here...

That evening we checked into our water park hotel (CoCo Key) and realized just how spoiled we had been at Legacy Vacation Club. The check-in at CoCo Key took over 45 minutes, the room was a dump, the whole place was seedy, thought we heard gun shots (turned out it was the electrical breaker outside blowing up and causing a blackout of three blocks on I-Drive for two hours). It was an adventure for sure, but after being there for five hours, the pool was closed, the water park was closed, the TV didn't work, the room was gross, and we were miserable. So what would any smart traveler do? CALL LEGACY VACATION CLUB to see if we could get back in our "good" room. I called the hotel and the manager on duty was Greg. I explained our situation to him and told him how kind Sylvia had been to upgrade us to a one-bedroom and asked if that room was open for that night and the next. Luckily it was, but the price of the room had doubled from what we had paid the night before. Greg was awesome! Since the reservation desk was closed (by this time it was almost midnight) he told me to reserve a room online and he would upgrade us to the room we had stayed in. He was kind enough to do all the paperwork prior to our arrival so our check in was a breeze. Not only were we able to stay in "our" room, but were able to do so at a reasonable price. On top of that, I had somehow made a mistake when I booked the room (I double booked two rooms for one night each instead of one room for two nights) and the staff (Greg, Sylvia, and the reservation department) were very accommodating in crediting the extra charge. When my husband arrived the next day, he was very impressed with the room, the hotel property, the pools and all the facilities. We enjoyed walking around the property, the game room and the indoor/outdoor pool. All in all, this was the best hotel we stayed in during our entire time in FL. I highly recommend staying here! Thank you Sylvia and Greg for all you did to make our trip to Florida amazing!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the greens. If you are right by the pool, I think it might be noisy s...
5  Thank D H
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hi DH

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review and we will be sure to pass on the kind words to Sylvia and Greg. We look forward to seeing you again at Legacy Resort in the near future.

With Warm Regards

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I love, love, love this resort. Stayed here for 7 nights and the staff was helpful, happy, and kind. The room (one bedroom) was great. My kids stayed on the pull out couch in the living room (ages 7 and 9) with no problem, and I looooove the spa tub. Can we say jet tub? There are 4 pools outside, so you can find a pool of your preference with no problem. Like other people? Main pool. Like solidarity? The pool next to the entertainment center is best. There are plenty of activities going on, though we didn't participate in many because we were either at the parks or the pools. We were close to the main building but didn't notice any noise from the pool. Will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Near the main building
3  Thank Hannah W
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Hi Hannah W

Thanks so much for the kind words and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you vacation with us again real soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

There was a misunderstanding on who would check in the room but the staff there specially the manager Greg were unwilling to simply change the name of the reservation. He told me that there wasn't anything he could do and turned me away, I booked through groupon, they had me call them and groupon assured me that the legacy is the one with the power to change a name for a reservation. I had groupon contact legacy, everything was "fixed" according to the groupon operator. When I tried to check in legacy said that there was no change done and they wanted me to call groupon again because they needed to speak to another department of the hotel. I asked why didn't they transfer the groupon operator right away if this needed to be done. Greg just claimed there was nothing he could do. I asked several times for another manager he said I would only get the same response. When I attempted to contact groupon again there office was closed. After arguing with Greg he finally called his head manager which I didn't have to explain half of the things that happened and she told them to change the name of the reservation. Same manager Greg said she prohibited him to change the names of the reservation. It took about 2 hours for me to check in. The head manager threaten that if there were any noise complains that it was going to be a problem, as if I were a child. The staff got a rise out of me, it was the worse experience. The bathroom was dirty I could see black dirt in the tub and the jets didn't work correctly. We called an engineer he said he fixed it but he didn't. We stay there for two days and nobody showed up to give us new towels or to take the garbage. Also, when I check out there was problems with the hundred dollar deposit which I still haven't got back. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE !!!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Susana R
Michael S, Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hi Susana

Legacy Vacation Club has been providing quality vacations throughout Florida for many years, and we pride ourselves on our exceptional service, hospitality and accommodations. It is also our responsibility to provide our guests with a safe and secure resort environment. Ultimately, our goal is to ensure that each guest has a positive vacation experience.

In reviewing the details posted, the comments noted were not completely accurate. We took the time to investigate your check in experience and the following details were discovered that were not disclosed with your posting. Our company policy requires that you must be 21 years or older to check into any of our resorts. The reservation was in your name and unfortunately, you did not meet the age requirements to check in. Although you booked through Groupon, our policy carries over to all third party vendors and the detailed summary of the rules below reflect what is on Groupon’s website. Since you made the reservation through Groupon, any change made to the reservation must be handled directly with the vendor and not the resort. The agent explained this to you, you became angry and upset, and that is when the Manager stepped in to assist. The manager addressed your concerns in a professional manor and reiterated the resorts policy and procedures. The manager did not have to check your party in but instead worked through the challenges to ensure you and your group was taken care of. You were provided an upgrade along with resort dollars for use with the resort venue.

Nothing is more important to us than our guests! We welcome and treat everyone with respect and professionalism.

Should you wish to discuss this further please contact the resort directly at 407-997-5000 and ask to speak to resort management.

Regards,
Legacy Management

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a weekend and it was a wonderful experience . I had fun in the game room and the pool room. The staff is wonderful. Courtney was especially friendly and made my stay comfortable. When it was time to leave I didn't want to go.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Inez J
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hi Inez J

Thanks so much for the kind words! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The grounds of this resort are quite lovely and it's location is perfect for visiting any of the amusements parks. However, our room left lots to be desired. We had a '3-bedroom' condo, which turned out to be a 2 bedroom with an extra den with a hideaway bed. Even though we had reserved both "sides" of the condo, we still had to wait for security to unlock the lockout door between the main unit and the other 2 rooms. The Dryer wasn't hooked up to the outside exhaust so it was filtering into the room until they fixed it. There weren't any Kitchen linens in the room. There was a dust pan, but no broom in the room. There was nothing in the room giving us information about the unit, therefore we went 4 of our 7 days thinking the overhead lights in the master bedroom were burned out. Turns out you have to turn two of three switches in the right direction to get them to come on. There were itty-bitty ants around the sink area and they came in and sprayed the last day we were there. They advertise Wi-Fi in the rooms, but the signal is not strong enough to remain connected. We called the 1-800 number given to us on 2 different occasions because they said that there was no reason for us not to have good Wi-Fi, but it was never corrected. Beds were terribly uncomfortable. With just a little bit of tender loving care, the rooms would have been perfect. All of these issues were reported to management and they did correct issues that were within their power to do so.

2  Thank Robin D
Michael S, Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Robin D

Thank you and we appreciate your feedback concerning your vacation experience here at Legacy Vacation Club, Kissimmee. Please accept our sincere apology for the housekeeping and maintenance challenges with your unit. Please note that this is not the experience we pride ourselves on providing our valued guests. We have do have an inspection process and your issues were an oversight by our operations team.

Your concerns have been addressed with the respective managers and they will use this example as a teaching tool for their teams

Your comments are important to us and once again thank you for taking the time to convey the details of your stay.

Regards,

Management Team

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Made reservations for a three bedroom condo for a week. The third bedroom was actually a den with a pull out sofa but had a separate refrigeration, wet bar, microwave, dishes and TV with a small table and chairs. This worked great for our four year old granddaughter as she had her own "play" space where she could watch her TV and enjoy herself. The one bedroom had two queen beds and a bath separating the bedroom with the den and closed off from the main kitchen and living room giving our son and daughter-in-law their privacy. The kitchen was fully equipped for cooking in when we wanted to saving money on eating out all the time.

The beds were comfortable and most of the areas were clean except for the tile floors. They could use a good scrubbing.

We used the main pool with bar, the miniature golf, playground and splash area. All of us had a great time. Ron, the bartender, was very friendly and helpful with fixing drinks and conversation. The location was also perfect since we visited Disney World and Universal Studios several day. Overall we had a great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit on the main side and request an updated room. They are in the process of updating th...
3  Thank Kay1947
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hi Kay1947

Thanks so much for the kind words and we are thrilled you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you come and vacation with us again real soon!