“Canada & USA Tour 2013”

Clarion Suites Maingate
Ranked #29 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We finished our tour here before heading back to Gulf Coast for a month's rest. Strongly recommend this tour - we saw such a lot and we and our son loved it, and he learnt such a lot about American history etc. fantastic experience. We have now travelled around 28 states, plus West & East Canada on our 2011 & 2013 tours, and have loved them all. Strongly recommend both tours if people get the opportunity. This hotel is great for a quick stop in Orlando - well placed for everything with a nice big pool. It has changed hands since we last used it however - it used to be part of Comfort Suites group & sadly the gorgeous big hot tub I was looking forward to relaxing in was very weak in bubbles, and practically scalded me! Far too hot - it must have been over the recommended limit - no one was in it and I quickly realised why! Overall however basic suites which are great for a couple of nights etc. Friendly staff, recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
comfortsuites7888, General Manager at Clarion Suites Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for your comments and recommendation.
We changed from a Comfort Suites to a Clarion Suites in April 2012. We are under the same ownership and management.
The hot tub is maintained at 103-degrees. This is under the recommended 104-degree temperature. It is checked regularly to ensure it is working properly and the temperature is being maintained.
We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Suites Maingate

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

The place was ok, clean, good breakfast, staff is helpful. It also has shuttle to the theme parls at different times of the day.
I could only say the room smelled lile humidity but I think the area in general is a little wet so it was ok.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Excellent hotel, friendly staff, grounds well kept, we loved the pool. Rooms were excellent and breakfast was included and very good We have stayed several times and are never disappointed. Close to restaurants and we played minature golf that was in walking distance. Will go back soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank phyl66leo67
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Whole stay was started a little rough as they push you off on the time-share sales person just to get your parking pass. After being on the road (with kids) for a few hours, this is the LAST thing someone wants to do. Before getting sent here, I asked if I got the good room, to which she replied, "absolutely". If you're definition of good is on the backside of the hotel furthest from the entrance with an awesome view of the parking lot, then this is the hotel for you!

Room was clean and most of maintenance was fine. Only problems was a very slow draining tub and queen sized bed sloped to the middle, so was always fighting the hill throughout the night. Pool was huge with ample space to swim and spread out.

We had two adults and two kids. They give you a punch card for breakfast. The first morning, the lady was super sweet and even got my wife a coke though the bar wasn't open. She is the only highlight for staff in this place.

Breakfast was sausage, eggs, hashbrowns, beans and rice (weird) and the usual continental stuff. Nothing special about this breakfast at all. The items were stacked so high that everything on top was cold and hard.

The second morning of breakfast the food was identical. No variation at all, with exception to the staff. The lady at the front was harassing me that I need a punch card for the breakfast. I told her there were no problems yesterday, but she wanted me to pay for the kids. As my daughter has celiac disease and is gluten free, she could not have anything they offered (with exception to the oranges), and my wife had just two slices of toast. I told her I would talk to the front desk. I explained the situation to the desk and told him I owe him for two pieces of toast. He told me there was no way to split the charge and I would still have to pay $7. I told him I'd rather buy him a loaf of bread than pay $7 for two pieces of toast.

The service aspect of this trip really ruined any part of the stay. It's unfortunate as this was my third time to the hotel over many years and will certainly be the last.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the front.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank peakprfrmr

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear our staff was able to check you in earlier than check in time. But I’m sorry it was not in a location you preferred. We have rooms that face poolside and even rooms with amazing views of the Disney fireworks.

I am sorry for any confusion from our staff about breakfast. Breakfast has changed since the opening of Jumbo’s Eatery. Each day we offer a large selection of items. It does not change day by day, but there is a good variety so our guests have many options. Rice and beans are available, as they are popular with our international guests. The best part is, we still offer free breakfast for 2 people per room. Additional breakfast vouchers can be purchased at check in for just $5.99 per person or on the morning of for $6.99. When you checked in you were provided with free breakfast vouchers for 2 people for each day you booked. So if you booked for 2 days, you would have received 4 free breakfasts. It sounds like you used these 4 free breakfasts on the first morning (as you stated you had 2 adults and 2 children). Hence, our staff stopped you on the second day and asked you about purchasing breakfast. In Jumbo’s Eatery, we do not charge per item. We charge to enter the buffet. This is the reason our staff could not sell you only toast. But for our guest not interested in a full buffet, individual items may be purchased from our café, Pixies Java Café, located right across from the front desk.

We love your suggestion to add gluten free items. We are considering adding gluten free items in Pixie Java Café.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Excellent hotel. Very near to all attraction. Friendly straff. Visited the hotel with family on January 2013 and already booked for my second visit in december 2013. Well situated in terms of distance from WDW and many places to dine in the Irlo Bronson Hwy, Very very accesible!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JennyPantoja
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Our stay at Clarion Suites was fantastic! As a couple, we had read many of the reviews posted on Tripadvisor on various places to stay in Kissimmee and we are so glad we chose to stay here! It was definitely not disappointing! We stayed 11 nights (July 26th-August 6th). The grounds are very well kept, rooms are spacious enough and very clean. We had a wonderful housekeeper who was very friendly and ensured our room had plenty of towels and other room amenities. The pool and pool area were beautiful! The only thing we had wished was that Jumbo's had been open earlier in the day to get a snack and beverage. We realize however that there are not a lot of people/guests around the pool throughout the day as most are gone to the theme parks so this may be the reason as to why. All staff were very helpful and pleasant throughout our stay-from the front desk (day and night staff), to Jumbo's for breakfast in the morning, to housekeeping and to the man on the booth selling tickets to the theme parks. Shuttles to the theme parks (Disney, Bush Gardens, Sea World, etc.) and shopping outlets were a definite plus as we didn't rent a car during our stay. There were many great restaurants within walking distance and a small shopping plaza next door. We thank you all for making our stay and enjoyable experience! We will back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kay B
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My family and I stayed for 3 nights. It was wonderful. Not to far from the I-4. The staff was very accomadating, the rooms where wonderful. We were on the second floor facing the parking lot. There was not much noise on that side. The rooms were big and spacious. They gave Clean linens every day. Free wifi. The batthrooms were nice and clean. Everything is close by, restaurants, shops, you name it. They do have free breakfast. They had eggs, sausage, ceral, bagel, juice, milk, coffee, your basic breakfast. The pool is nice. The staff was very nice and wonderful. Its worth the price. They do have shuttle services to certain parks, but we didn't use them.

Room Tip: Less noise on the parking lot side.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family