“If you know what to expect, you won't be disappointed.”

Clarion Suites Maingate
Ranked #27 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Chicago, Illinois
“If you know what to expect, you won't be disappointed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We are one week into our 2 week stay at Clarion Maingate. For the price, this place is a great value. The staff.works very hard keeping the room and grounds impeccably clean. They have gone the extra mile to make sure we are happy and comfortable.

As for some of the complaints from some reviewers, there were valid points made in some. There is a musty smell to the room. But it's Florida and it's damp and humid. I read some complaints about the air conditoner. Ours was fine and not noisy. Some of the complaints about the cleaning staff were off base, in my opinion. They are
Very sweet and will give you what you need.

Overall, I thought this was a perfect choice for our 2 week stay! I love the location and they have made us feel at home! Keep up the great work, Clarion Suites Maingate!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank attorney67
comfortsuites7888, General Manager at Clarion Suites Maingate, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Our staff is here to serve you every step of the way. Thank you for acknowledging that! We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Mobile Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Clarion Suites. It was very close to restaurants and grocery stores so it was easy for us to pack lunch before we headed to Disney. Just a short drive to Disney as well. Less than a 10 minute easy drive to the parks. We will be staying there again! Thanks!

Room Tip: Lower level was great near the pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank joshuachancey
Thanks you for taking the time to write a review. Yes, the convenience of the parks and Formosa Gardens Village Shopping Complex next to the hotel is wonderful. I’m glad you had the chance to enjoy that. I hope you visited Mighty Jungle Miniature Golf there too. It’s a lot of fun!
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

My husband golfed for the day and I stayed by the pool. We did go to Disney one day but did not use the shuttle. The park seemed farther than the 2 miles stated. The pool and grounds were very clean and although the rooms were dated very clean as well. Breakfast was included and was the usual fare. My husband left somethng behind so I called and they set it up with a delivery company who contacted me the next day to set it up for delivery. The hotel is within walking distance to stores and restaurants. The walls did seem rather thin I could hear the kids when they came back from the park. All in all a nice affordable place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rula1960
I’m happy to hear you had a nice stay. And I’m glad you had a chance to enjoy our newly remodeled pools. It is only a 2 mile drive to Walt Disney World from our resort, but I can seem longer especially during peak seasons if you hit traffic along the way. Please visit again soon.
Ridge Manor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

While visiting Disney World, we stayed at this hotel even though the reviews were marginal. Fair is fair, and we found this facility to exceed our expectations. We travel a lot, and I would rate this hotel among the top. The room was spacious, clean, had all the amenities--even real glass drinking glasses and ceramic coffee mugs! The price was more than reasonable and the facility offered a large pool, a restaurant which provided a free hot breakfast (not the best we've had, but not the worst, either) and even a coffee bar that sold snack boxes to take out. We may simply have been lucky, but there was no noise to keep us awake at night, although I saw many families with children. Additionally, the bed was modern and comfortable. I would definitely return should we go back to Orlando.

Room Tip: We got the handicapped room even though we did not request it, but it was close to our car and rest...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nadina P
Thank you for writing such a lovely response. I am excited to hear we exceeded your expectations! We can’t wait to host you again soon.
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

PROS
- Price
- Location
- Bathroom counter space
- Microwave in room
- Refrigerator in room
- Complimentary self-parking
- Complimentary breakfast (no yogurt)
- 2 for 1 drink coupon (must order same beverage)
- Nice outdoor pool area
- Nice gift shop
- Coffee, iron, shampoo amenities
- Complimentary shuttle service to area parks – however be aware of the time limitations

CONS
- Called prior to arrival to inquire about shuttle. Jessie was not overly forthcoming with information nor friendly. Based on that did not use shuttle service. Disney parking is $15 per day.
- No soap left second day; previous day's soap removed. Front desk only had 1 bar to use for sink and tub.
- No bath mat left second day
- AC left huge damp area between door/window/sofa bed; musty odor. Housekeeping changed from heat to AC so room was freezing when we returned.
- Door did not close properly to lock
- Rude guests (extremely noisy after midnight and very early AM) on both sides of us
- Location of bathroom full-length mirror
- Towels left lint when drying
- Weird, square, lumpy pillows
- Front desk couldn't get my points assigned to reservation. Told me I had to call to get it done. Not sure why I would have to do that since I was there and checking in. Agent should have provided better guest service and made sure it happened for me.

Talked to other guests who are return visitors. Might stay here again if cannot get a good rate at an on-site Disney hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Diane R
comfortsuites7888, General Manager at Clarion Suites Maingate, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thanks for visiting us and taking the time to write a review. For your convenience, the shuttle information is located on our website. I am sorry to hear about any issues you may have had in your room. In the future, please be sure to let us know. No matter how small, we want to make sure we take care of that for you. I will pass along your comments to our staff. Thank you for sharing them. By the way, I see you missed out on yogurt. I’m sorry to hear that. Yogurt is available in Pixies Café (right next to the restaurant). We hope to see you again!
Milton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel was perfect for our family of 4. There are 2 queen beds which was nice as most hotels in Kissimmee are double beds. There was also a sleeper sofa which was comfortable, not like older model sleeper sofas with a bar going across the middle of the bed! The hotel was very clean and secure feeling. The location was excellent. We did not eat the breakfast. They do not offer a continental breakfast on site. They do have breakfast but there is a charge for it. All in all it was a great hotel except for one trivial complaint which would be placement of the mirrors. There is no mirror in the main room. The bathroom is full of mirrors including one very poorly placed right in front of the toilet. I have never seen a mirror placed here and thought it was rather odd! Obviously, however, that is not a reason to not stay here! We will definitely be coming back on future vacations to the Orlando area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and appreciate your input. We offer the full buffet breakfast and it is FREE for two people per room. I wish you had a chance to take advantage of that. There’s always next time. We can’t wait to see you again!
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in November and was great.

The room was plenty big enough, clean and well furnished.

The breakfast was OK. We stuck to cereal, juice and toast, which was fine. Can't comment much on cooked breakfast, but, some people were saying it wasn't as good as it had been.

Overall, a great value place to stay and it was very handy for parks, restaurants and shops.

Watch out for prices at the ticket counter as we were told that single day Disney tickets were being sold at same price at gate. They were, in fact $5 dearer!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple