Positives about the Hotel:
Nicely laid out and maintained with no internal hallways (which means less doors being slammed all night). All doors open to a covered "verandah" and staff allow you to take chairs from the pool area to sit outside as long as you return them. Reasonable price. Our room had two queen beds plus a loveseat/pullout bed, which is good for watching tv or reading ( I can't do either while laying on a bed), and is one of the reasons we chose to stay here.
Great pool, splash pad and hot tub area, which is laid out to receive sunshine all day. Buffet breakfast is free and should have enough items to satisfy anyone's need for variety.
We took oranges and grapefruits that we had picked at an orchard up the road to breakfast with us, and used their silverware to cut them up with our breakfast. Happy hour 5:00pm to 8:00pm is REALLY happy if you like $1.00 draft beer (which we do).Great laundry facilities, very clean and good quality machines (for under $4.00 you can do 3-4, days laundry in less than an hour, while you enjoy the hot tub).The rooms have TV's with a lot of available tv channels. Great bathroom in the room, spacious and lots of mirrors.
There are many, many dining options very close by, a supermarket a stone's throw away (buy cases of water, beer, chilled wine, snacks, rotisserie and fried chicken, salads of all types, vegetable trays, racks of ribs, etc, etc. All stuff you can take to your room and eat, store in the refrigerator and re-heat in the microwave, eat at the in-room dining table.
The outdoor pool has a lift chair for handicap access, the hot tub would seat 20 people easily but there was never more than a dozen any time we were there.
There are always people working at cleaning and tidying up the building and grounds.
TIP: Rooms #'d 339 up to about 351 overlook the pool area, and do not get the sun shining in their windows (this might really be a plus in the hotter months)
Rooms have plenty of pillows, that can be made firmer or softer simply by adjusting the pillowcases.
There is 30 minutes daily access to a computer and printer, so you can check in for you return flight and print boarding passes before leaving for the airport.
Negatives about the Hotel:
Very few. For an older building, as you'd expect the air conditioners can be noisy, and there are some room to room noises, (but we had much worse in our pre-flight hotel stay in Toronto).
DO NOT get suckered into the timeshare scam at the Attraction tickets kiosk. There is little truth in what they tell you. There are teams of high pressure sales people who take far more of your time that they say they will, and it is "buy now, or leave now" (would anyone buy a house where they live without a legal opinion let alone buy one while on vaction ? That's what they expect you to do).
I'm still P***'d off about that. It's to the point of being unethical and the hotel should really put a stop to it.
I would return without hesitation, and would recommend as a family friendly place close to Disney
and many other family oriented attractions, at an affordable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located two miles west of the Walt Disney World entrance. This Award winning hotel offers Complimentary breakfast, Free Shuttle to major theme parks and Free wireless Internet. Studio Suites sleep six people with two queen beds and sleeper sofa, refrigerater, microwave, coffee maker. All rooms refurbished in 2007, tastefully decorated with new furniture, carpet, bedding, linens. Oversized heated pool, Jacuzzi and poolside Cabana Bar. Eleven restuarants within walking distance as well as shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Suites Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Maingate Hotel Kissimmee
- Maingate Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Kissimmee
- Comfort Suites Maingate Resort
- Kissimmee Comfort Suites
- Clarion Suites Maingate Kissimmee, Florida