“Okay, I guess...”

Ranked #27 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Tallahassee, Florida
“Okay, I guess...”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel looks good from the pictures they show and from the outside when you park. The room is a decent size, cramped with the sofa sleeper out. The room smelled musty and the floor was sticky. The "pool view room" that I booked had a nice view of a fence and a wall between us and the pool.

The free breakfast is only for 2 people! You have to pay about $6 for each additional person per day, so we had to pay $12 for the two kids. This was not made clear before I booked, so I was surprised to find that the free breakfast wasn't actually free! They give you each a ticket that gets punched when you go in to eat. It was scrambled eggs, link sausage, frozen square hashbrowns, pancakes, generic brand cereal, etc. We tried it once and it was barely edible. I would not do it again. There is a Chick-fil-A and a Cracker Barrel (and lots of other restaurants, really) very close by. Try those instead!

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived very late (11pm) to the hotel to find that the sheets in our bedroom were all stained with a suspicious red color, got another room to find this time that we had the same problem with the sheets, dirt and stains all over it, plus some friendly roaches in the sleeper sofa. We had to bite the bullet and the front desk girl was so kind in giving me a truly clean sheet so i could put my kids to sleep. I don't like to complaint much but this is too much.
My advice to you is that spend that extra $100 bucks a night and stay at a clean hotel.
Never again here!!!.
No wonder they already changed names once (Comfort Suites Maingate).

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Puchi1214
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The Hotel was appealing to the eyes. The Hotel staff helpful and friendly. Beautiful pool, clean rooms and location were good reasons to stay for our vacation (6 days). Right off the us192 are all the shopping and dining.

• Stayed May 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are looking for a good affordable and spacious room close to Disney, this is a good place to stay.

While most of our time was spent in the parks, this place offered us some respite to the heat of Florida. The rooms, although not elegant or updated, were perfect. While other hotels offer more rooms, but smaller rooms, this place offers a limited amount of rooms, but preferred to keep it spacious.

While we were only a party of 2, I can see the room for a family. Overall, clean, decent, not overly priced and offered some amenities (of which we did not explore)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Not only that, but the staff is exceptional! We used this particular Clarion because it was near Disney World. It was the perfect distance. Plus you have many near by restaurants. Lots to choose from! We will certainly return. Thet staff answered all our questions & gave us valueable tips for Disney.

Room Tip: Depends on time of year, but rates are usually good. We used this place as a hime base from Disney W...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

As Florida residents, we travel to the Disney area frequently and have stayed at this hotel multiple times over the last few years. Every time we stay I tell myself I'm not going back because of the rude staff. I have finally had it! We will not be back!! This time it was Nicholas at the front desk who got our weekend off to a bad start. He was rude and unfriendly. He was looking down while talking to me and I couldn't understand what he was saying. When I repeated what he said and asked if that was correct, he ignored me. My son had to say, yes, that's what he said. Usually it is the unfriendly ladies working the front desk, this was my first interaction with this fellow. I'm tired of our weekend getting off to a bad start because the front desk staff apparently don't enjoy their jobs. A simple welcoming smile and friendly tone would go a long way. Do these folks understand that they are in the SERVICE industry?! A guest/customer is not an interruption, but the reason you have a job! Get new front desk staff.
They also were not aware of their own shuttle schedule and Disney events, even though their sign says "A Disney Good Neighbor Hotel". I asked if they would have a shuttle for the Magic Kingdom all-night event, which is what we were in town for and their response was, the Magic Kingdom closes at midnight tonight. I told them about the event and that it was open until 6am and they just shrugged. Apparently that means, no, they won't have a shuttle and no, they don't really care what you are asking about.
We also had ants in our bathroom. This has happened at this hotel before.
Upon check-in, you now have to get your hotel "parking pass" at another desk. When you go to this desk they try to sell you things, such as attraction tickets and timeshare visits. Not a great way to start your "relaxing" trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ANK904
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is ideally situated for Disney, restaurants, shops and is clean and tidy. the swimming pool is lovely to sit by and all together with the inclusive breakfast was fantastic value for money. I would certainly stay here again for the convenience of access to so many Orlando attractions.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends