“Lovely relaxing stay”

Cypress Cove Nudist Resort
Lancashire, England
“Lovely relaxing stay”
Reviewed 24 September 2008

We had a lovely week at Cypress Cove, despite Tropical Storm Fay washing out a couple of days!

Lots of sunloungers, room for everyone to sit where they like and to move around during the day to get the best sun. Pretty good value at Cheeks Bar and the restaurant.

In general people were pretty friendly but not too in-your-face. Almost everyone we met were Cove regulars, either living there or taking regular holidays there. The staff were lovely - helpful and attentive without rushing you.

The motel room was spacious and comfy, with a good size fridge and a coffee maker (can be used to make tea if you prefer!).

Overall a nice relaxed naturist resort with an older / family clientele. Go there to unwind. Don't go there if you are looking for excitement or swinging opportunities.

• Liked — Naturist everywhere, indoors & outside
  • Disliked — Most people were quite a bit older than us
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BeckyNW

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 26 November 2007

Sep 2007

A recent trip to Cypress Cove was way too short and the weather was perfect. The resort is very well maintained throughout. The rooms are modern, clean and spacious and close to all activities.

Once you are within the boundaries of the resort, you can freely go anywhere and you can leave your clothes behind (we never locked our room so we didn't even need to carry keys). The lake is large and quite beautiful and you can canoe or paddleboat for hours. A walk about the neatly landscaped permanent homes is also a pleasant pastime. We played lots of tennis as the many courts are in excellent shape. There were also other activities including fitness classes, volleyball, petanque, etc.

There are two beautiful, large pools and there is an outdoor and indoor spa. All are warm and inviting.

Dining is primarily in the restaurant by the lake. This also houses a nice friendly bar and dance floor. The food, if not excellent, is good and very reasonably priced. The wine selections could use a little upgrading. We took our lunch by the pool at Cheeks Bar & Grill. During the day, that was quite an active place.

The people, including the staff, were very friendly although most of the regulars seemed to keep more to themselves. But, since there were many vacationers, there was plenty of good conversation with what seemed to be a wholesome couples and family crowd.

During our stay, we also enjoyed a couples massage which was relaxing, therapeutic and very reasonable.

All in all, we found peace and serenity when we chose and entertainment when we wanted it.

• Liked — Comfortable experience
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank tripper6116
richmond va
Reviewed 29 July 2007

We stayed in a hotel rm at Cypress Cove for 4 enjoyable days. The dress was clothing optional and most people were nude 24 hours a day as we were. The atmostphere was truly a family nudist atmosphere with activities including exercise classes and other sports. The snack bar and especially the dining room offered good to excellent meals respectively. It was wonderful to dine while nude and watch the alligators play at the dock as we dined on some excellent blueberry pancakes at breakfast. The dinner menu was also pleasind with sufficient variety.
The people were friendly but not intrusive. The behavior was all appropriate fun and relaxing true nudist lifestyle behavior as we observed. We plan to return and would reccomend this resort to both new and experienced nudists. The major amusement parks are also close by. We are from Virginia so the mild March weather in Central Florida was a welcomed experience. Cypress Cove is a 4.5 on a scale of 5 and the only thing we wish they had more of is green space. An excellent nudist resort.

10 Thank paradym
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 31 January 2007

I've been a naturist (social nudist) for ten years and am in my 60s now. So, I've only been to a few nude resorts, but would like to go to some others and will when the opportunity presents itself. Even though the nude resorts are growing in popularity here in the USA, the puritanical background of the country make it difficult to participate openly in naturist activities and make it equally difficult for good resorts to make a profit and run a high quality operation.

I do like Cypress Cove and try to go at least once a year for at least a week. The last time I went, I kept adding on days to my stay until I felt that I had enough. The entire resort is very tidy, clean, quiet, well maintained, managed with care and is safe. I love sitting around the pools (2 of them) swimming in either one as much as possible, and going into the hot tubs. Often I will read or listen to a book on tape too.

There is a very pretty, large lake which has a sandy beach, picnic and camping spots, and boats to rent. I would be afraid to swim there because there is no lifeguard and their are ALLIGATORS in the lake. No way would you get me in there when there is a sign about how alligators are not to be fed and that they can be dangerous (or words close to that, anyway)

The poolside open bar is nice, although not elaborate. I have not tried the restaurant, but think I will the next time. Lately that has been mostly because I prefer enjoying my meals in the villa apartment I rent.

You will notice that one theme running through these reviews is that the "regulars" seem to be unfriendly, snobbish, or whatever. I have to agree with that. I am shy, but will at least try to talk to people, but this bunch have their guard up for some reason. There appear to be a lot of cliques which probably are formed by the long-term residents in the trailer park area of the resort.

Some single men complained that they were not made welcome, but I believe this problem has been taken care of. I am single and never saw that as a problem with going to the resort. I always am careful to stress that I am a member of The Naturist Society and no longer new to naturism. However, I once was and know the feeling, especially of a single man, having to prove he is not some predator come to steal looks at the fellow nudes.

Since the undraped human body in the present USA can often be seen as very overfed, the view isn't all that good anyway. I am not too bad, but have that darn belly that I really want to get rid of. However, be prepared here, more than some other places, for some reason, for some very heavy weight folks. They call this body acceptance, but I wish every nudist resort and all the organizations would start a serious campaign to get everyone involved in exercise and restraint at the groaning board.

This and other resorts would be perfect places to run workshops on nutricious food and fun exercise since most of us claim to be health conscious.

Back to Cypress Cove. If you don't mind the very aloof atmosphere of your fellow sun worshippers, you most definitely will enjoy your stay. They simply ignore you and if you are prepared to make your own fun, you will like the place a lot. Try to stay a week. to get really relaxed for the uncivilized world we live in. I am also positive that couples do have much more fun, but alas I am not a couple now. Maybe I will meet one of the very elusive single females who are naturists.

• Liked — Sun, swimming, nude recreation, apartment, lake, location
  • Disliked — Unfriendly or aloof guests make up the majority
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
14 Thank twoguncharly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Villas of Grand Cypress
CLC Encantada Resort
#2 of 59 in Kissimmee
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,174 reviews
Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Been to Cypress Cove Nudist Resort? Share your experiences!