“Definitely NOT what I expected!”

Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #107 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My daughters and I (one of which has severe allergies, and staff was informed at booking) stayed there the night of 5/25/13. I take choosing a hotel seriously for this reason. I checked out the reviews written on Expedia, and they were mostly positive, and nothing serious was posted (now I am wondering if they choose what will be posted) so we went ahead and decided to book this hotel. Thankfully for just one night. Upon check in we waited over 45 minutes to get the room situated, because apparently they had given away my room. As I was waiting SEVERAL people came in (and at this time it was 1am!) to complain about various issues, from going to their room only to find people already in it, to dirty rooms, to no TV, to being in a room under construction, and I was standing there debating whether to go somewhere else, but I was alone with two small children and it was very late, I didn't know if I could find another place. I told myself I would see what our experience was and go from there. I did feel bad for the staff, the girls behind the desk were overwhelmed, and the manager was just "yessing" everyone..and not coming up with any solutions for everyones true issues and concerns. We eventually got our room, and within minutes my daughter started coughing. I thought it was from the late hour, night air, etc. But now reading other posts, I feel it was mold. Regardless, the room appeared clean at first.. until I went to the bathroom and in the bathtub there was some sticky material all in it, like caulking or something that wasn't cleaned up, AND several black hairs in the tub and on the wall! I was truly grossed out. Still, my children were tired, and so was I, so I put on their water shoes and had them stand up in the shower, not touching anything! Once they were situated (and at this time I had to give my allergic daughter a breathing treatment because she was suffering, but I had no real reason still to believe it was due to the room itself), I went to brush my teeth and call it a night, and I was looking down and the lines in the carpet started moving...I thought I was delirious, but when I looked closer it was several bugs crawling around on the carpet! I shiver thinking about it! SO GROSS. I luckily still had my shoes on, and kept them by my bed so as soon as I woke up I could put them on. There were people enjoying the pool, AT 2AM, and we had a lovely pool view, so we got to partake in their festivities. It was the worst nights sleep, even when I had a newborn. We checked our ASAP in the am, didn't enjoy the "breakfast" (from what I heard there wasn't a real breakfast anyway),or anything else for that matter. I wanted to get my money back, but I didn't want to prolong anything and draw it out any further. From what I saw with the manager, he wasn't going to do that anyway. We just left. And won't stay there again. I don't like to be so negative, I am just stating our facts of our trip.

6  Thank LSangel_13
jerry w, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on the hotel .. I thank you. We are working hard at getting the hotel in line with the other hotels around us and make sure you always chose us when in Kissimmee/Orlando. We know that you can go any where else but you came here .. The staff will always work hard to improve and live up to your standards.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have never in my life experienced this and i could have done without. Upon arriving the staff didnt know how to work the computers, double booked my room with the couple next to me (litterly one computer down and they cave us bothe the same room). I asked for a bottom floor due to having 3 kids and alot of stuff to carry and they said they would put me as close as possible... Well i guess the 3rd floor is as close as it gets. When i carried my stuff and the kids up 3 flights of stairs and made it to the room the keys would not work. I called the front desk from my personal phone and they said they would send someone right up, 15 mins later i called again because they still had not come to let me in and to let them know my neighbors keys wouldnt work either and the said someoe would be there in a few minutes. upon entering the room it was ot cleaned. The floors were disgusting and my bathroom was way beyond dirty. It looked like it wasnt cleaned at all. I told them that it needed to be cleaned and they said they would send someone. No one came to clean the room. I stopped a cleaning person in the hall and she said she was going to be right back and once again she never showed. In order for my kids to have a bath before bed i had to clean it myself. The hotel says that they provide breakfast and wifi... Neither of those exist. Overall a VERY BAD HOTEL !!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Candie L
Vinod B, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dearest Candie L.

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. I do apologize for the horrible experience you and your family have had at our hotel. I am so sorry for the front desk staff that was handling your reservation but I promise you that our staff will get the proper and complete training. Also, I am so sorry to read that your room was not properly cleaned as soon as you arrived in your room. Our housekeeping staff will be trained to work efficiently and in a timely manner. I apologize that the Wi-fi was not working properly on the day of your reservation. We are currently revaluating the entire Wi-fi system in the property in order to improve the internet system in the hotel.

Again, I do apologize on behalf of Roomba Inn & Suites that you had a horrible stay with us.. If you give us a second chance, we would like to offer you a better rate on your next stay with us. Please call us to better assist you on your next stay. We hope to see you again!

Best Regards,

Roomba Inn & Suites
407-396-7969

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Very clean rooms smelled very nice pool was clean and employees were very friendly...The onsite resturant was also great..Would stay again definetly recommend to family and friend being that Old Town is right across the street and lots of resturants.Also the on site poolside bar is great and the resturant ..

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Rosas1714

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We knew due to it being a holiday weekend we should make a reservation in advance. We planned a 1 day trip to Disney for the kids since we had to drive 11 hours to help our grandmother in Fort Lauderdale. After traveling all day we finally arrived to Roomba at 11 pm where I was shocked to see a line out the door. I waited and waited and realized nobody was making any progress. Nobody every communicated that they did not have rooms even for those of us with prior reservations. I had already paid for 2 nights! After 45 and a tired hungry family in the car we figured we would figure out a refund later and just go check in another hotel. I called bookit while my husband went in and out of 3 nearby hotels to find that they have no vacancy....back to Roomba hoping something was figured out... since bookit wasn't answering my call.... Still the same people in line at Roomba. Now I find out people were being sent to occupied rooms! Once again we left I got a hold of bookit and rec'd a full refund. BUT now being after midnite Bookit could not help me find a new room. We proceeded up and down the road pulling in and out of 10 more hotels all were booked! by 1 am we had to make the decision that our 1 day in Disney would not happen. We had to drive and hour outside Orlando and make our trip home the next day.

3  Thank Sara L

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We Just stayed two nights over memorial day weekend. On arrival to check in I waited in line no joking over an hour to check in. There is a BIG problem at this place I would say #1 starting with MANAGEMENT there were 4 people working the desk. They could not fix the problems for the guests nor find clean, empty rooms, while waiting an hr multiple guests returned room keys not working, given same rooms as other guests, hotel reservations that had been made not there nor rooms to given the guest nor there $ back. There were at least 3 phone calls on hold for a manager, 3 families waiting for the manager, who took at least 25 minutes to show up. At this point he shows up and the lobby no joking has 30-35 people in line to complain and or checkin. He comes around telling us "no problems you have plenty of time to wait your on vacation right?" and gave a few guests a coupon for a free drink at his resturant next door. Now I stood in line for over an hour while my husband sat in the car with our 3 small children. There were a lot of other things I could have done with my time. I took that as a slap in the face of management who does not give a crap about his guests. The staff working the desk were nice just no idea how to run things. Hotel is still under construction two buildings are being renovated. The pool is nice our room was not bad for the price it was a last minute trip. The service was so bad I will never STAY here again. It took 15 minutes to check out when at best it should have taken 1-2 just to give me a copy of the bill. Only one person working. Do your self a favor keep looking!!

4  Thank Amy J

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hotel is a total rip off. It's not only disgusting but it's not safe. Staff is not courteous at all or helpful. The door to our room was unlocked, we had to sleep with a chair on our door the whole night scares that someone would try to get in. There were weirs looking people hanging out on the property talking really loud which didn't allow us to sleep. Oh and if that's not bad enough.., when I wanted to bathe my daughter so we can get the hell out of there, the water was coming out brown for about 10 minutes and the bath tub was filthy. We were supposed to stay there 2 nights, I cancelled the 2nd night. I didn't leave that night cause it was late and there were no hotels Available. Disgusting place!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank sharidr1
Reviewed 26 May 2013

VERY POOR SERVICE! i would NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!
I booked a hotel room for last night on Expedia 2 weeks ago called to confirm 3 days prior to our stay everything was good. Showed up last night To check in and the Hotel had been DOUBLE BOOKED!! All their rooms were full! I stood in line for an HOUR waiting to be checked in! The manager was not very friendly, didn't tell anyone what was going on, never apologized never offered to help anyone! when i got showed up there were two people working the front desk and a 3rd person checking on them she was in and out of the lobby for 30 mins. After 20 mins one Clerk left and the other went to the back room a few mins later a new clerk showed up to work and was on the phones for 10 mins before she even talked to anyone! when another costumer asked if she was checking people in she said they had no available rooms! Then resumed phone calls. SEVERAL PEOPLE ASKED to see a manager but she never did anything to find him. she said he was checking all the rooms to see if they were available. My credit card had already been charged prior to my stay so when I FINALLY SAW a manager i asked him about getting my refund he said call Expedia! *Expedia did offer me a full refund! * they are not at fault here!!! The staff at Roomba Inn and Suites were not friendly or helpful!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends