“Inconsistent but not bad for the money”

Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #109 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Madison, Connecticut
“Inconsistent but not bad for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is a difficult place to rate because there are so many things wrong with the place but our Expedia rate was $42/night so this review is given with that in mind. The Roomba appears to have been a Days Inn in a previous life (sign at pool still says Days Inn). It has maybe 300 rooms but maybe only 30 were rented while we were there. The rooms and décor are old but serviceable. I had key problems and had to be switched to another room. It had a musty smell but I think that was mostly do to it sitting closed for a long time with AC off. After running the AC a few days it was much better. The carpet is old but appeared clean. The bath was sparking clean with decent clean towels but was missing a door knob so I had stuff tissue into the jamb to keep it from locking you in. The beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. Linens not soft but very clean with older blanket. AC unit and the flat screen TV were new and worked great.

The pool and spa were sparking clean but heavily chlorinated. Apron was clean except for some cigarette butts (Smokers, ugh!). The pool area men's room was brand new (probably women's as well). The pool side bar was closed but looked ready to go after the holidays. It could be fun with more people but it was peaceful while I was there and I loved it.

Breakfast is coffee, wrapped pastry, instant oatmeal, and that's it. Staff did respond to all of my issues but there were so many I didn't even complain about the missing door knob. I would say you could do a lot worse but if you're picky and can't live with the issues you shouldn't stay here,

Room Tip: Maybe close to an elevator if you're on the third floor. Facing the pool if you have kids?
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Summerville, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed 4 nights for a trip to Disney World. The breakfast was a joke. The people only showed up 2 of the 4 days we were there. Hotel staff told us when we complained about breakfast (not a bad breakfast but none at all) that it really wasn't that good of a breakfast and we could make coffee in our room. When they did show up it was a few muffins and cereal and get it fast because there was a limited number. We laughed about the cold (frozen) muffins and warm milk and juice. We should have checked the shuttle service before we went. To Disney it only went to the Magic Kingdom and left at 10:30. If you wanted to get an early start tough luck. This cost us $15 a day for parking at Disney since we wanted to be there when they opened. Water also soaked some of our clothes and a computer when it rained. Housekeeping staff was very nice. Definitely would look for another hotel next time. Also, I really don't know what the resort fee was for but they charged us an additional $5.99 per day. Maybe it was for the warm juice.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
jerry w, Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on the hotel .. I thank you. We are working hard at getting the hotel in line with the other hotels around us and make sure you always chose us when in Kissimmee/Orlando. We know that you can go any where else but you came here .. The staff will always work hard to improve and live up to your standards.

jerry@roombainn.com

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I had a great experience at Roomba. The service was excellent and everyone was very helpful. We had dinner our first night and it was fabulous. The kids loved the pool and the hotel is near by Old Town and five min from Disney World and they provide a free shuttle to and from. I recommend staying here highly.

Room Tip: We loved our pool side room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
jerry w, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this review, 29 November 2013

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stay at Roomba Inn and Suites the weekend of November 1st. The service was great, staff was very friendly and kind, room was clean and big...location is close to shopping area, restaurants,10 mins from Disney World. Close to Sea World.

Room Tip: large room from the front strip.

Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

After a week in a Disney resort paid by the family I nanny for, I needed a room for one night after our reservations were up, and before my flight at 9:30am the next morning. I only had two requirements: a decent price and an airport shuttle from the hotel.
When I booked, it stated they had both. Great. Upon arriving I checked in, which took quite some time and two different people, and when I asked about the airport shuttle and how to schedule it, I was told "I don't know anything about that" and told to call the number for the shuttle to Disney World to see if they had one to the airport as well. It turned out to be a taxi service that quoted me $60. No thank you.
I then get to my room carrying all of my luggage and try to get into my room and failed. The key would not work. I called the desk from my cell phone and they said someone would come help me. They did, and then someone came along later to give me another key that would work.
I put my bags down and start up my computer and try to connect to the wifi with the info at the front desk ("wifi access" had also been an amenity offered during booking) and could not locate the wifi name listed with the info I was given.
After about three hours of phone calls, trips to the front desk, and much frustration, this is what I found out:
-If I wanted wifi, I would need to move rooms, because the wifi only reached to half of the rooms, and I was in the unlucky group who got picked to do without. So as a young female traveling alone, if I needed wifi, I must pack up my things, and move rooms (outside) in the dark. Let's just say my homework did not get done that night.
-The front desk was contacted by the company I made the reservation through about the shuttle service, and was told there was a shuttle, so I went to get the info for it. I was told by the desk clerk that they did not have one, but if I wanted to leave an extra hour earlier than I needed, she could have her friends shuttle pick me up for $50.
-After talking to her manager on the phone, she found the shuttle info for me. For $60, I could take a shuttle. I called the number and was greeted with "who is this" and "why are you calling"
After some explaining it turns out to be the owner of a cab company that said he was friends with the owner of the hotel, I had just called his personal cell phone during a party at his house, and for $60 I could take a cab and get to the airport in half an hour, or for $28 I could take his shuttle, go to multiple hotels first, and have a two hour ride to the airport.

The walls were paper thin, there was a loud rv running in the parking lot right outside my door, and the room is old, dingy, and needs updated. But I do have a flat screen in my room, because you know, that's important.

The front desk clerk worked out a deal with a taxi company for me to help me out, but after tip I still spent over $60 for the trip to the airport. For the amount I spent on the transportation to the airport and the room, and the hassle of it all, I would have been better off staying at the Hyatt at the airport, and I would have had wifi.
The staff was kind and seemed concerned with my issue, and they did make phone calls for me to help me arrange a ride to the airport, for which I was thankful. The problem seems to be with the management.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Skyoolie

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I had stayed at Roomba the past week and I must say I was satisfied. The continental breakfast was set up nicely and inviting. The server is very polite and is always smiling. I was checked in by a gentleman name Carlos. He was dressed professionally and kept a genuine attitude and made sure I had a great and quick check in process. Later that night, I had a tiny problem with ants in my room. I know what to expect from Florida and food left unattended. I did not blame the hotel. I went to report the issue to the front desk and a young lady named Britney greeted me and offered to switch my room for no additional cost. I decline, seeing as how I was happy with my room. I just wanted to alert the hotel to take care of it before it got worst. The part that I loved the most was how they call your room to check on you. Britney called twenty minutes later to make sure I was okay. She had a great attitude. Roomba Inn & Suites is not a five star resort, but it is humble. I have referred my friends and have left reviews everywhere I possibly could. Carlos once again checked me out and he was prompt, and though he had a rush of people, he made me feel like an individual and they both made eye contact. The rooms are well kept, staff is amazing and most importantly I felt safe. I seen a young gentleman for security checking into vacant rooms and I honestly felt safer knowing the staff takes their times to show you they care regardless of how much per night you pay.

If your looking for a humble experience, go to Roomba in Old Town Kissimmee, and make sure you have Carlos, Britney and the young man for security there. Guaranteed they will make you feel at home. For the best rates, book online at Expedia and when you get to the hotel all you do is pay the $5 resort fees. I over heard the walk in fees and was happy I planned ahead. No matter what, they make sure to meet your needs at a reasonable extent.

Room Tip: The pool side rooms are great. Its pretty quiet and in the daytime the sun falls directly into the c...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank SusanAllen73
jerry w, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
DEAR GUEST,

I was very happy to read the review you wrote about the hotel.. The staff at Roomba hotel works hard to make it all work. The hotel always welcome reviews to help us improve.

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I visited Orlando a week ago and booked a room for a 3 nights at the Roomba Inn & Suites. I don't know what it looked like before, but the new renovations definitely made the price I paid feel more valuable. Lobby was clean, room was clean, pool was clean, and most importantly, staff and customer service were very friendly and prompt. It was my first time staying here with my girlfriend and we both enjoyed our stay very much. We would definitely go back and stay here next time we visit the Orlando area!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Yusan W
jerry w, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this review, 2 November 2013